• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wazznt
    • May 2015
    • Western Vic

Originally posted by gigi34 View Post
    Look I know it costs a bit more but I like the Exceed.

My main question is go with the 2018 with 7 years of warranty but with the DPF or go with the 2015, only one year warranty left but no DPF.

I am reading a lot of bad stories about the DPF.

You have answered your own question there ,so get the 2015 without DPF and forget the Faux warranty ,its only a placebo anyway .
    NT Exceed ,almost stock .

Comment

• aussieintas
      Valued Member
      • Feb 2013
      • Sorell, Tasmania

Right trying to help a bit more.

Are you looking at keeping it for many many years and how many kms do you think you'll do? Or will you only keep it within the warranty period and get rid of it with only 200000kms or less? Is the 7 year warranty important to you based on how long you'll keep it What type of driving will it do? Will it get a good run on highway at times? If your Pajero is going to be an around town vehicle most of the time, stop start traffic etc and not getting a highway run, even for just 20 minutes, then yes there is a greater chance of there being an issue.

How many kms will you average a year? The 50000kms difference between the 2 models may come into the decision making for you

Yes there are horror stories out there about NS autos. Mine along with others have never had an issue, probably because mine gets a run on the highway to and from work everyday for around 15 minutes. Mine is 10 years old and has 227000kms on her now.

Remember and I've said this before......for every horror story you have heard about the Pajero DPF issue how many others have not presented a problem and people have not posted about it running great.

I think by now you know there are differing views on DPF and on which Pajero to buy for many different reasons......because everyone is basing it on what they would do and their experiences. There are variables like costs, like DPF, like some people would want the 7 year warranty and some do not, some don't like buying a brand new car and want something a few years older becasue of costs etc.

I'm not trying to be rude but I can't........or we can't for that matter...........make the decision for you. You have obviously read up on things regarding the Pajero narrowing down which model, the Exceed, that you want that suits you. You have heard that some people are completely against the DPF model and some aren't, and there are posts about how bad the DPF can be and there are many saying they haven't had an issue. Asking us which would we buy is all well and good but as stated above, the answers you get are based on their personal experience and personal decisions.......not your thoughts, feelings and decisions.

That said after reading through your posts, it appears to me the potential DPF issue is a main concern for you.............so simplifying it.........don't purchase a Pajero with DPF
      2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
      88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
      92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
      92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
      99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
      95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
      08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• gigi34
        • Oct 2018
        • Melbourne

Hey guys, just to close out this saga, I went with the 2018!!!
        I will update you on any potential issue (hopefully none) with the DPF.
        Thanks everyone for your help!
        I now feel part of the group ;-)

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X