• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CaptJimmy
    • Dec 2017
    • Kariong, NSW

Do we know anymore about this?
    I’m looking for new 17” rims and the Toyotas are far more plentiful, particularly in black. The ones I’ve seen at +30 offset which should be fine.

Comment

• jon_m
      • Aug 2015
      • goldcoast

Just had new tyres fitted (2009 NT) and wanted one of the old ones fitted to another rim for a 2nd spare. Trouble finding a Triton steel rim at a reasonable price but scored what appeared a new Hilux rim 17 x 7.5 6 stud. Luckily I could return it. At the tyre centre he put it on the back hub first - semed ok. Then on the front it was on the brake caliper!

Made me wonder if those of you who have found the Hilux rim ok only tested it on the rear?

Or maybe the Hilux rim I scored was not a late model, as I think I read above somewhere above.

Comment

• old Jack
        Regular
        • Jun 2011
        • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by jon_m View Post
        Just had new tyres fitted (2009 NT) and wanted one of the old ones fitted to another rim for a 2nd spare. Trouble finding a Triton steel rim at a reasonable price but scored what appeared a new Hilux rim 17 x 7.5 6 stud. Luckily I could return it. At the tyre centre he put it on the back hub first - semed ok. Then on the front it was on the brake caliper!

Made me wonder if those of you who have found the Hilux rim ok only tested it on the rear?

Or maybe the Hilux rim I scored was not a late model, as I think I read above somewhere above.

Gen 4 Pajero rims have a P46 offset so any rim that you carry as a 2nd spare should have the same offset.

OJ.
        2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
        MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• jon_m
          • Aug 2015
          • goldcoast

Thanks OJ

I will take note of that. The wrecker who took the rim back suggested the local tip shop as they evidently have many rims at presumably affordable prices - never have thought of that!

But more than likely I'll keep an eye out for a triton or challenger rim.

Appreciate your knowledge.

Comment

• dreamerman
            Valued Member
            • Sep 2009
            • Sydney

Originally posted by gen1 View Post
            Can anyone confirm this to be true?
            I always use this site, hope this helps.
            Wheel size, PCD, offset, and other specifications such as bolt pattern, thread size (THD), center bore (CB), trim levels for 2018 Mitsubishi Pajero. Wheel and tire fitment data. Original equipment and alternative options.
            03/19 MY18 Pajero NX GLX Graphite | KUMHO AT51 265/65R17 | Ultragauge MX v1.4 | AEM GPS Speedometer | Yakima Platform on OCAM Backbone | OEM Tow Bar | KAON Internal Rear Roof Shelf | ARB Smartbar

Comment

• old Jack
              Regular
              • Jun 2011
              • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by jon_m View Post
              Thanks OJ

I will take note of that. The wrecker who took the rim back suggested the local tip shop as they evidently have many rims at presumably affordable prices - never have thought of that!

But more than likely I'll keep an eye out for a triton or challenger rim.

Appreciate your knowledge.

Only some 17" factory rims from Triton, Challenger and 18"Pajero Sport will fit the Gen 4 Pajero but they are all P38 offset so these should not be mixed up with P46 offset wheels unless it is a real emergency.

OJ.
              2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
              MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• ceevuu
                • Jun 2016
                • New Zealand

Hi Guys,
                Apologies for reactivating an old'ish thread.... the question I have... has anybody with the Gen4 LWB (large front brake caliper) actually successfully fitted and run a steel rim from the Hilux range 17 / 7.5 +30 offset on the front.
                This is a great forum with huge amounts of data.. much appreciated...
                Thanks in anticipation..

Comment

• Stacho
                  • Apr 2018
                  • Perth

Hi, old thread, I know...sorry. I still can’t find any info on what non-mitsi or aftermarket rims (in17”) fit the gen 4 lwb? I’m running original 18” P46 rims and want to go down to 17” and reduce that offset to widen the track. Can not for the life of me find anywhere that lists what rims fit. Check out this guys paj. That’s what I’m after!

Comment

• redbruce
                    Administrator
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Melbourne

120 series Prado GXL wheels fit. They are +30 offset so widen track by 32mm and are still legal.

More rim data here:
                    PCOV Member 1954
                    MY15 NX Exceed, Auto Mate PRO, Paddle shift, Vlads TC mod, EVC U9, Unicorn Power upgraded intercooler, Ultimate Diesel tune, Fuel manager 2 micron post filter, Redarc BCDC + Lithium, MM tow hitch, Teshonka brake controller, Provent catch can, GME 3350 UHF, RHS Offroad bash set, Falken Wildpeak AT3W LT265/70R17, TPMS, Dobinson IMS/Kings HHD/EHD 40mm lift, Rhino bars, Drifta 270 awning, spare tyre lift, Ultraguage MX 1.4, Ultravision 205 4.5K lightbar, auxiliary PWR 23 row transmission cooler and radiator bypass, upgraded bar/plate intercooler, KAON barrier and shelf, XTM drawer, ARB Smartbar.

Comment

• jlind1602
                      • Sep 2022
                      • Adelaide

Hey Guys, just wanted to let you all know that I’ve successfully fitted 2022 Toyota Fortuner alloy wheels to my 2011 NW Pajero with no issues. So I assume any 6 lug Toyota wheels will fit ok?

My Pajero had steel rims and the Toyota wheel came with brand new tyres so I thought I’d give them a go!

Toyota wheel details are as follows:
                      Rim diameter: 17 inches
                      Rim width: 7.5 inches
                      Centre bore diameter: 106mm (Pajero 67.1mm)
                      Tyre size: 265/65r17
                      Offset: 30mm (Pajero 46mm)

all fits well and clears the brake calipers (just) I just had to buy new wheel nuts and I used 67.1 - 106mm hub centric rings.

Comment

• redbruce
                        Administrator
                        • Sep 2019
                        • Melbourne

Originally posted by jlind1602 View Post
                        Hey Guys, just wanted to let you all know that I’ve successfully fitted 2022 Toyota Fortuner alloy wheels to my 2011 NW Pajero with no issues. So I assume any 6 lug Toyota wheels will fit ok?
                        Not all Toyota wheels fit as they vary considerably in offset depending on what model they are off.
                        PCOV Member 1954
                        MY15 NX Exceed, Auto Mate PRO, Paddle shift, Vlads TC mod, EVC U9, Unicorn Power upgraded intercooler, Ultimate Diesel tune, Fuel manager 2 micron post filter, Redarc BCDC + Lithium, MM tow hitch, Teshonka brake controller, Provent catch can, GME 3350 UHF, RHS Offroad bash set, Falken Wildpeak AT3W LT265/70R17, TPMS, Dobinson IMS/Kings HHD/EHD 40mm lift, Rhino bars, Drifta 270 awning, spare tyre lift, Ultraguage MX 1.4, Ultravision 205 4.5K lightbar, auxiliary PWR 23 row transmission cooler and radiator bypass, upgraded bar/plate intercooler, KAON barrier and shelf, XTM drawer, ARB Smartbar.

Comment

• spot01
                          Valued Member
                          • Apr 2011
                          • Adelaide

Originally posted by jlind1602 View Post

My Pajero had steel rims and the Toyota wheel came with brand new tyres so I thought I’d give them a go!

Toyota wheel details are as follows:
                          Rim diameter: 17 inches
                          Rim width: 7.5 inches
                          Centre bore diameter: 106mm (Pajero 67.1mm)
                          Tyre size: 265/65r17
                          Offset: 30mm (Pajero 46mm)

all fits well and clears the brake calipers (just) I just had to buy new wheel nuts and I used 67.1 - 106mm hub centric rings.
                          Interesting.........

Can you post a couple of photos taken from directly behind looking down the side of the car showing how far the tyres sit within the guards?
                          Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• Rhyno_12
                            • Nov 2021
                            • Australia

Originally posted by ceevuu View Post
                            Hi Guys,
                            Apologies for reactivating an old'ish thread.... the question I have... has anybody with the Gen4 LWB (large front brake caliper) actually successfully fitted and run a steel rim from the Hilux range 17 / 7.5 +30 offset on the front.
                            This is a great forum with huge amounts of data.. much appreciated...
                            Thanks in anticipation..
                            Also interested to find out if these work?

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X