• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MRJR
    • Feb 2018
    • Penrith

Just bought an NL Exceed 99'

Hey guys,

I've just bought a NL Exceed 99' with 120,000kms on the clock for 4 grand! Pretty happy with it, its in great condition for its age and is my first proper 4WD after getting into off-roading last year.

I'm just wondering if people could give me a breakdown of what I should be getting replaced or looked at as it hasn't had the timing belt or water pump replaced?

It's also completely stock so I'm looking at a bullbar for it, any recommendations of where to look or what to buy?

Cheers!
  • Ian Sharpe
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2000
    • Tasmania

Very good price for an exceptionally low k vehicle that's nearly 20 yrs old. Are you sure the mileage is genuine? Is it still on its original belt & pump? There isn't much else that goes wrong with the nl, you might want to change fluids & a tranny flush if there is no evidence of those being done. If it's still on its original belt & pump I would get them done given its age. As far as bars go ,arb is a good one but there are others as well. Good luck with your new paj��
    NS shorty 3.8l petrol with winch, front/rear E-lockers
    NT shorty 3.2l tdi, pretty stock with rear locker

Comment

• aussieintas
      Valued Member
      • Feb 2013
      • Sorell, Tasmania

Agree with Ian re change all fluids, oils, filters etc and defo do the pump and belt.

Might mean you spending a bit on it now but you'll know its up to date and should give you many more kms.
      2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
      88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
      92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
      92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
      99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
      95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
      08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...