X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clackersx
    • Feb 2019
    • Adelaide

Any word on compatibility of the iCarSoft JP v2.0 or other iCarSoft devices being capable of doing the DPF regen on a NS?

I contacted 3 different eBay sellers earlier in the week and have not got a response (besides the "passed onto technical team" response). All sellers had the exact same copy paste response however so I assume it's the same seller with multiple accounts.

Comment

• Plunkster
      • Jun 2016
      • Panania

The person I contacted was great with their feedback. Before they could determine if the unit could do a forced regen they asked my vin number and model.
      They responded that the Chinese supplier was on holidays till 11th Feb and they expect to hear back soon after that.
      Will post more when I hear it.

Comment

• Plunkster
        • Jun 2016
        • Panania

Well the good news is I have a final response - the not so good news is they say maybe but can't be sure & no returns.

All I want is to be able to do a forced regen when its off the road so I am not sure if the throttle thing from Stoneman is relevant.

Stoney - in your opinion will it do the forced regen in the carport or do I need to look for another option?

Thanks in advance

Comment

• Stoneman
          Valued Member
          • Jul 2012
          • Melbourne

I made a thread in regards to a scan tool that would help NS owners but the thread pretty much got killed off with BS
          the ICARSOFT HNM II worked for me, so well actually i purchased the model for my holden.
          You can do your forced regen with it but unless you have problems, why? If you have problems its seldom the DPF beeing blocked unless the system has failed.
          The DPF system is misunderstood and a lot of confusion is put out there and it all starts from the dealers and there ability to diagnose a problem.

it seriously is just not worth the hassle of trying to remove it. run a delete pipe and some resistors and be done with it.

I tried! I have a little device that cancels the burn altogether but i dont recommend it to anyone
          NS Pajero Exceed. With stuff

Comment

• Ky1e
            • Aug 2015
            • Muswellbrook

Originally posted by Stoneman View Post
            I tried! I have a little device that cancels the burn altogether but i dont recommend it to anyone
            Why is that? I'm keen to hear more about it lol

Comment

• Stoneman
              Valued Member
              • Jul 2012
              • Melbourne

Originally posted by Ky1e View Post
              Why is that? I'm keen to hear more about it lol
              mainly because ive lost the details. this was years ago now that i bought it

Comment

• Plunkster
                • Jun 2016
                • Panania

After much deliberation about removing the DPF I decided to buy the OBDII computer and force regen myself.

I bought iCarsoft HNM II Japanese Vehicles OBD2 Diagnostic Code Scanner (iCarsoft HNM II).

They could not guarantee that it worked but I took the risk.

This is the third time I had the issue with the other two being on a trip with the caravan on the back.

Both the others cost me $400 and took hours to fix (I understand they did the oil change as well which I now have to do)

It took me 25 mins and sorted after first go.

Here is the link to the company that sells them - cost me $226.85 plus $6 for express postage

Come see the BEST DEALS on our huge range of In-Car Entertainment, Car Accessories, Portable Devices, Computer & IT, Home Entertainment, Motorcycle, Marine, Watersports, Health, Sports, Hobbies & Toys Home Appliances

I would like to say thanks to every one for their help on this and the forum has been exceptional.

A special thanks to Stoneman as his posts and responses have made me look even harder and in my opinion come up with the right answer for me - even if it wasn't what he would do :-)

Happy to share more information privately if people want it - I live in SW Sydney

Comment

• grahamt63
                  • Nov 2018
                  • Chester

Originally posted by Plunkster View Post
                  After much deliberation about removing the DPF I decided to buy the OBDII computer and force regen myself.

I bought iCarsoft HNM II Japanese Vehicles OBD2 Diagnostic Code Scanner (iCarsoft HNM II).

This is the third time I had the issue with the other two being on a trip with the caravan on the back.

Both the others cost me $400 and took hours to fix (I understand they did the oil change as well which I now have to do)

Here is the link to the company that sells them - cost me $226.85 plus $6 for express postage

Come see the BEST DEALS on our huge range of In-Car Entertainment, Car Accessories, Portable Devices, Computer & IT, Home Entertainment, Motorcycle, Marine, Watersports, Health, Sports, Hobbies & Toys Home Appliances

I would like to say thanks to every one for their help on this and the forum has been exceptional.

A special thanks to Stoneman as his posts and responses have made me look even harder and in my opinion come up with the right answer for me - even if it wasn't what he would do :-)

Happy to share more information privately if people want it - I live in SW Sydney
                  Very interesting and thanks for sharing your success.

Sounds much more useable than the MUT device which also needs a laptop running XP.

Am I correct in my understanding that this iCarsoft unit manages a forced regen without the need for any other device?

Comment

• oscaroo
                    • Dec 2017
                    • Sydney

D'oh.

Makes my OBDLink MX reader seem less useful.

Comment

• Plunkster
                      • Jun 2016
                      • Panania

Originally posted by grahamt63 View Post
                      Very interesting and thanks for sharing your success.

Sounds much more useable than the MUT device which also needs a laptop running XP.

Am I correct in my understanding that this iCarsoft unit manages a forced regen without the need for any other device?
                      Yep - In hindsight I am guessing the reason it took them half a day was it didn't seem so rich to gouge me $400.

25mins and it was all done

Comment

• Stoneman
                        Valued Member
                        • Jul 2012
                        • Melbourne

Originally posted by Plunkster View Post

It’s a pleasure mate, I try my best to give no BS help but I’ve slowly died off on the forum
                        Really glad it worked out and hope it can encourage others and save them some bucks or grief at least

I personally think the PDF system was very misunderstood, strange though as I learnt everything to manipulate it via the workshop manual and I’m a stonemason

Comment

• Stoneman
                          Valued Member
                          • Jul 2012
                          • Melbourne

Originally posted by oscaroo View Post
                          My software module is .. for people that can do c# on windows 10. It's not really a product or a module or a finished app at all. It's more of a .. experimental workbench that needs twiddling with code if you want something different done.

My main concern currently is not the dpf. It's exploring what commands go about the bus so that hopefully I can implement an auto door unlock and auto door lock once certain speed is reached. Nothing too useful but a baby step really.

I got my good obd reader today and so I will eventually get around to poking about.
                          Heaps of you tube videos and most is already available on what you may need
                          Ie, speed pid’s are industry specific and easy to find
                          It would work well for this application rather than trying to control a gearbox etc by pid as it’s just not how it’s designed

You could log the can bus and press your lock button and if you’re good with excel you can throw all the info in that and find the one code when you pressed the button, I’m making it sound simple I know, it’s a little more involved than that

If you’re in Melbourne I would be interested in picking your brains
                          You can modify a cheap dongle to send pid’s but will have to program a micro chip

Comment

• oscaroo
                            • Dec 2017
                            • Sydney

Originally posted by Stoneman View Post
                            Heaps of you tube videos and most is already available on what you may need
                            Ie, speed pid’s are industry specific and easy to find
                            It would work well for this application rather than trying to control a gearbox etc by pid as it’s just not how it’s designed

You could log the can bus and press your lock button and if you’re good with excel you can throw all the info in that and find the one code when you pressed the button, I’m making it sound simple I know, it’s a little more involved than that

If you’re in Melbourne I would be interested in picking your brains
                            You can modify a cheap dongle to send pid’s but will have to program a micro chip
                            Yep, the PID's for the standard OBD stuff I know from Wikipedia. I can do that. Logging the bus and pressing buttons is what i'm doing.

I'm in Sydney.

Comment

• Ash4224
                              • Apr 2013
                              • Karratha wa

Hi,

I’ve just bought the icarsoft CR pro trying to complete a DPF ReGen. I’ve met all the criteria it states ie 1/4 tank fuel, park brake on, in park, 80c coolant temp but when I try to complete it it says communications failure application failed.
                              Any ideas?

Thanks Ash

Comment

• Stoneman
                                Valued Member
                                • Jul 2012
                                • Melbourne

Originally posted by Ash4224 View Post
                                Hi,

I’ve just bought the icarsoft CR pro trying to complete a DPF ReGen. I’ve met all the criteria it states ie 1/4 tank fuel, park brake on, in park, 80c coolant temp but when I try to complete it it says communications failure application failed.
                                Any ideas?

Thanks Ash
                                Your transmission also needs to be at 65 degrees

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X