• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TomW
    • Mar 2017
    • Melbourne

Another Hello From Melbourne

Hi All, My name is Tom and I thought it was time to introduce my self and my new to me 1991 NG Pajero.

The Pajero is of this fame:

After completing a long circuit of Australia ending with a hasty head swap due to a bad gasket I borrowed it for a weekend 4wd trip to the Alpine national park.

The original owner did not have the space to store it any longer so shortly after this trip I purchased it with the intention of tidying a couple of things up and using it as a weekend 4wd / adventure vehicle.

Since owning it I have done a lot little bits, new fan clutch, major service all fluids etc, installed after market gauges and central locking, had the brakes redone, wheel bearings adjusted etc.

The next big project is replacing the engine as the old one has done a bit over 420,000KM and is getting quite tired. I have another engine removed from a wrecked Gen 2 that has done 270,000KM.

At the moment I am working through giving the spare engine a freshen up new rings, bearings, etc before hopefully transplanting it into my Pajero and going on some more adventures. Stay tuned for more about this project (my first engine rebuild) later.

Pajero little bit out of its element in the Alpine National Park with a failed fan:

• aussieintas
    Valued Member
    • Feb 2013
    • Sorell, Tasmania

Gday Tom and welcome.

Used to have a NF swb......bloody loved it, great bus.
    2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
    88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
    92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
    92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
    99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
    95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
    08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
    Working...