• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sonic
    • Apr 2015
    • Adelaide

Redarc Dual Voltage monitor

Has anyone got a good place to fit these redarc dual battery 52mm monitors?
    Ive bought the single Cup/pod holder that can be fitted anywhere,im just curious to where you guys recommend ?
    If anyone pics please?
    Thanks Rob
  • roboz
    • Aug 2007
    • Secret Harbour, WA

I had the auto sparky install mine as shown in the attached pic. Note the small piece of Velcro at the top. It is for a 52mm lens cap that I put over the meter during long night trips as the backlight is very bright. You can install the meter without the backlight but then its too dim during the day. I toyed with the idea of a cutout switch on the -ve side of the meter wiring, but it is quite hard to get to it once installed. Lens cap does the job.
    Attached Files
    Rob

2011 RX, Redarc Smartstart, dual batteries, Tow-Pro Elite, Garmin Nuvi 3590, Safety Dave caravan rear camera, HID high beam upgrade, Viofo A119 dashcam. Icom IC-450 UHF. Firestone HD Airbags. Tows a 2015 Jurgens Sungazer.

Previously, 2005 NP DiD Platinum, similar mods/additions, towed a 20' Paramount semi offroad caravan or Pioneer Longreach camper trailer.

Some pics: https://flic.kr/s/aHsm3stBBS
    Dashcam Viewer example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gIrjZTVdqM

Comment

• Sonic
      • Apr 2015
      • Adelaide

Looks cool there mate but ive got switches there and my heated seats
      I like what you did with the cig lighter ��

Comment

• MatthewP
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2014
        • North of Brisbane

Originally posted by roboz View Post
        I had the auto sparky install mine as shown in the attached pic. Note the small piece of Velcro at the top. It is for a 52mm lens cap that I put over the meter during long night trips as the backlight is very bright. You can install the meter without the backlight but then its too dim during the day. I toyed with the idea of a cutout switch on the -ve side of the meter wiring, but it is quite hard to get to it once installed. Lens cap does the job.
        There is a brightness adjuster you can buy, that let's you adjust the gauge brightness with the lights on and off.

Searching for an Enhanced Lighting Controller? At REDARC Electronics we have a wide range of 52mm gauge accessories online. Shop at REDARC today.
        05 NP Pajero Platinum 3.2DID Auto

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X