• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pajero4x4
    • Oct 2011
    • bundaberg

weber jetting

hi guys,im doing a weber conversion.i have a 32/36 dgav weber with a manual choke and adapter plate from redline.
    the current jetting in it is 130 and 170 for secondarys as far as it looks like,but im after the jet sizes that anybody has done to theres as it would be easier to just get the jets that work for these engines/2.6 4g54. any help or advice would be an advantage.im looking for a little bit of low down power,but fuel economy aswell.also any pics of throttle linkage as it seems its a reverse of the way the mikuni carb operates.cheers.
  • Wags
    • Jun 2010
    • Hobart, Tasmania

Ive gone through a couple of configurations with webers on my Paj, Originally I used a 34adm from an XF Falcon. That had standard 4.1 liter jets which were 140 primary and 210 secondary.
    I later changed to a weber from Recarb in QLD which was jetted to a standard 2.6 motor. That uses a 135 primary and a 180 secondary so from that logic the current jets in your 32/36 should be pretty well spot on.

I had access to a dyno for each setup change,
    Standard Mitsubishi Carb pulled 42rwkw and an A/F of 10:1
    Standard XF Weber with 4.1 jets 46rwkw and an A/F of 11.5:1
    Recarb Jetted Weber 53rwkw and an A/F of 12.5:1

Engine has 250,000 with K&N, Extractors and 2.5" exhaust and 31'" tyres.
    1990 Gen 1 NG EXE LWB
    2.6 34ADM Weber, 2.25" Exhaust, Extractors, Balance shafts removed
    . ( EFI setup pending :P )
    2" Raised leafs and wound up torsion bars.
    31" AT's and 32" MT's, Offset rims, Flexi-Flares.
    Bull bar, 9500lbs winch, IPF driving lights, GME UHF Radio, Custom Rear Drawers, on-board 12v compressor, Upgraded sound system, 300w Inverter.

Comment

• pajero4x4
      • Oct 2011
      • bundaberg

ah kool,thanks for that,thats pretty much what im after,sounds pretty close to me,so should work well.im not gettin good fuel economy or power from the standard carby.i will post a reply when fitted and let everyone know how it compares.cheers

Comment

• CharlieClarke
        • May 2018
        • Oakey

32/36 weber accelerator

Hi everyone, i'm going to be doing to conversion myself just about have everything i need, as far as the accelerator goes, the barrel on the end of the cable is too big to go into the linkage (at the carby) so i'm thinking about threading a pushbike cable through it as its the right size, and as the carby is opposite to the orig carby i was thinking about turning the weber around so the cable will be on the front side instead?

Comment

• LeisureSuitLarry
          • Dec 2016
          • Australia

Originally posted by Wags View Post
          Ive gone through a couple of configurations with webers on my Paj, Originally I used a 34adm from an XF Falcon. That had standard 4.1 liter jets which were 140 primary and 210 secondary.
          I later changed to a weber from Recarb in QLD which was jetted to a standard 2.6 motor. That uses a 135 primary and a 180 secondary so from that logic the current jets in your 32/36 should be pretty well spot on.

I had access to a dyno for each setup change,
          Standard Mitsubishi Carb pulled 42rwkw and an A/F of 10:1
          Standard XF Weber with 4.1 jets 46rwkw and an A/F of 11.5:1
          Recarb Jetted Weber 53rwkw and an A/F of 12.5:1

Engine has 250,000 with K&N, Extractors and 2.5" exhaust and 31'" tyres.
          this is a long shot, sorry for the necrobump, but you dont recall what the 2 idle jets and the 2 air correction jets in the recarb adm were do you? The emulsion tube numbers would be handy too.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X