Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Bolted on bits, factory and aftermarket accessories

Bolted on bits, factory and aftermarket accessories Discussion of after-market extras: winches, bull bars, tow bars (and Towing), roof racks, snorkels, and other cool stuff

Old 3 Days Ago
Valued Member

Probably the reason for the extra cost is the chassis. With a box trailer, the sides form part of the structure, so the overall amount of steel used is less than with a flat top trailer.
Old 3 Days Ago
Valued Member

We have a flat bed dual axle trailer at work, the deck is 2.5 X 3.0 and the trailer weighs 600kg empty and has a 1390kg payload. It does not have load sharing suspension so it does induce some fore and after pitch movement on undulation roads, no problems at low speed and around the city but on the few country drives we did when testing Lockup and Auto Mate I could feel the changing down and up force on the rear suspension, and my suspension is EHD to carry max axle loads and still be at factory unladen ride heights. If I was to buy another dual axle trailer then I would spend the extra money on load sharing suspension.

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT245/75/16, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Nightbreaker +130LB & Phillips +100 HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Last edited by old Jack; 3 Days Ago at 08:04 AM. Reason: Specs cporrected
Old 3 Days Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Jack View Post
We have a flat bed dual axle trailer at work, the deck is 2.4 X 3.2 and the trailer weighs 690kg empty and has a 1300kg payload. It does not have load sharing suspension so it does induce some fore and after pitch movement on undulation roads, no problems at low speed and around the city but on the few country drives we did when testing Lockup and Auto Mate I could feel the changing down and up force on the rear suspension, and my suspension is EHD to carry max axle loads and still be at factory unladen ride heights. If I was to buy another dual axle trailer then I would spend the extra money on load sharing suspension.

OJ.
When you saying load sharing OJ, do you mean like rocker style between the two springs?

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.
Wanting: Rocksliders, 2" lift, snorkel or perhaps I should wait and purchase a NS swb in 12months time.
Old 3 Days Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by craka View Post
When you saying load sharing OJ, do you mean like rocker style between the two springs?

Correct, load sharing suspension that has the rocker pivot between the 2 axles.

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT245/75/16, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Nightbreaker +130LB & Phillips +100 HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
Old 3 Days Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Jack View Post
If I was to buy another dual axle trailer then I would spend the extra money on load sharing suspension.
OJ.
I agree - tandem with load sharing is much nicer to row than one without!

rear locker | ARB bullbar | dual battery | snorkel | Bushskinz guards | HID Hella spotties | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | airbags | BFG AT's (on 17" NT rims) | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank in rear seat well | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')
Old 3 Days Ago
Valued Member

This is a trailer I'm thinking of purchasing.

https://www.trailers2go.com.au/produ...y-box-trailer/

Does it seem decent, from photos and description?

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.
Wanting: Rocksliders, 2" lift, snorkel or perhaps I should wait and purchase a NS swb in 12months time.
Old 3 Days Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by craka View Post
This is a trailer I'm thinking of purchasing.

https://www.trailers2go.com.au/produ...y-box-trailer/

Does it seem decent, from photos and description?

Hi Craka,

I looked at the photo of the trailer on the link provided and it appears the axles are setback significantly behind the centre line of the trailer tub. It would be worth measuring this to determine the balance of the trailer and calculate the towball download

So assuming there would be 50kg of weight in the drawbar and coupling, and if you said the maximum towball down load you want is 10% of the ATM of 2000kg then you are looking for a 150kg bias when fully loaded on the front of the trailer, this is 7.5% of the ATM so as a rough guide the centre pivot for the roller rocker mount on the chassis should be at 42.5% of the 2400 mm tub length, which is 1020mm, forward of the rear tail gate. If I was building a trailer I would design for 5% towball load which would put the roller rocker mount at 1080mm from the rear tailgate.

OJ.