Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-2 Pajero

Generation 4-2 Pajero NT model 2009 - 2011

Old 6 Days Ago

i should add, confirm it's an NT. Much better spec than the NS...
Old 5 Days Ago

Interesting to hear some opinions in the other direction... The reason why I innitially entertained the idea is that I do similar KMs with my Challenger now (30k KMs a year) and it's mostly highway driving (super easy on a diesel motor), no guarantees that this Pajero has had it so easy though...

Obviously there's a risk with any used car but which increases towards the 300k mark (especially with a gap in service history). I was in touch with the dealer today to let them know I'd sell privately, he mentioned there was a sticker on windscreen for more recent service but that doesn't mean much.

Thanks everyone for list of things to check, chances are I'll give this one a miss still but it will be good to know what to look for in case I change my mind/ when looking at other vehicles.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
Old 5 Days Ago

Default 300k plus 2008 NT?

Out of curiosity mate, you say above that you want to change from a Challenger to a Pajero because youíre having another bub (I saw the listing in the other thread too)... but what feature/ specifically in the Pajero is/are convincing you to want a Pajero rather than the Challenger?

The Challenger is still a great vehicle - my wifeís uncle loves his and another mate likewise.

On our Pajero, my wife misses being able to open the tailgate and have the door provide protection over the boot area, which definitely comes in handy when changing a babyís nappy while out and about. You already have that in the Challenger.

Changing from a 95,000km Challenger to a 300,000km Pajero is a big deal... thatís a huge difference in mileage... If it was me and there was nothing wrong with the Challenger Iíd entertain keeping it. The Pajero wonít feel that much smaller for your wife to drive surely? So if she doesnít like the Challenger will she like the Pajero? Also the Challenger will likely cost less $$ for maintenance in the long term too since it has way less kays on it. And itís not like itís less capable off road.

Just my thoughts. As a dad of three young kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 5 Days Ago

It's a bit of a story, comes down to cash in the end, and keeping the wife happy (that mostly comes down to cash also).

I love the Challenger, had been after a 4wd for ages and originally bought it for myself to drive. Purchased between arrival of first born and new bubba, wifey was happy driving our older Subaru Forester (with just the one bub).

She's never been a fan of the Challenger, doesn't like it. Driving manners is the issue mostly but she does find the space handy including ease of loading kids in and out...

Since arrival of second bubba, she's been driving the Challenger and I've had the Subie (older car makes sense to use it for my work commuting and not devalue the Challenger).

She'd ultimately be happier in an SUV/ softroader so likely outcome will be sell the Challenger and but something along those lines for her to drive kids around in.

We are short on cash too without her working so selling Challenger/ buying cheaper car to loosen up funds is the main motivator.

I was looking at the Pajero as a way of still be able to have a 4wd while having something that has better raps manners. Wishful thinking though, can't have it all I guess...

Hope this makes sense.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk