• Show
Clear All
  • Patagonia
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2009
    • Santiago, Chile!!!!!

rear shock mounting bolt specs

Hi,
    does somebody has the specs of the lower bolt of the rear shock of a SWB NL? I lost one and cannot find the replacement here, with the spec I can buy an alternative one else I will need to remove the other one to use as sample but don´t want to be left on foot these days...

Part number is MF106175

thanks
    2000 SWB NL 3.5 SOHC V6 AT.
    Adjustable suspension, Rear Locker, Suspension Seats, Cruise Control, 8500 Lbs winch, all factory fitted.
    31x10.5R15 Pirelli ATR?s and forever thinking on the lift.
    2009 SWB NS 3.2 DOHC DID AT 265/70/17 BFG AT/KO, OME SD Springs +4 Rear locker, 8.500 Lbs Winch...new toy!!!
  • aussieintas
    Valued Member
    • Feb 2013
    • Sorell, Tasmania

All the sites I looked at including Amayam and Partsouq say M16×65mm long. Pic attached below.
    Attached Files
    2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
    88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
    92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
    92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
    99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
    95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
    08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• aussieintas
      Valued Member
      • Feb 2013
      • Sorell, Tasmania

Forgot to add, M16 thread has a standard thread pitch of 2 but can be 1.5.

I cant say for certain as I haven't measured the thread pitch but would be saying those shock bolts would have a 2 pitch thread.

Hope someone can assist further.
      2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
      88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
      92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
      92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
      99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
      95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
      08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• Patagonia
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2009
        • Santiago, Chile!!!!!

Thanks! Think that will do, pitch sohuld be not that important as I need to buy the corresponding nut also...
        Adjustable suspension, Rear Locker, Suspension Seats, Cruise Control, 8500 Lbs winch, all factory fitted.
        2009 SWB NS 3.2 DOHC DID AT 265/70/17 BFG AT/KO, OME SD Springs +4 Rear locker, 8.500 Lbs Winch...new toy!!!

Comment

• old Jack
          Regular
          • Jun 2011
          • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by Patagonia View Post
          Thanks! Think that will do, pitch sohuld be not that important as I need to buy the corresponding nut also...
          I thought the nut was welded to the suspension arm, if so then the thread pitch is important.
          If the nut is not welded on then make sure the plain shank of the bolt is long enough to protrude through the nut side of the mounting bracket.

OJ.
          2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
          MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• Patagonia
            Valued Member
            • Dec 2009
            • Santiago, Chile!!!!!

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
            I thought the nut was welded to the suspension arm, if so then the thread pitch is important.

If the nut is not welded on then make sure the plain shank of the bolt is long enough to protrude through the nut side of the mounting bracket.

OJ.
            That would explain why the whole setup dissapeared[emoji2]

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X