• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GOSSAMER
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2008
    • doncaster east vic

Originally posted by GOSSAMER View Post
    I just sent them an email to see whats happening with a replacement for the twin burner.
    Mid oct arrival
    Back from the Dark side
    NT VRX, Ironbark, Dobinson suspension, Kanati muddies 275 65 18, Boo's bash plates (now with dents )

Comment

• Poita
      Valued Member
      • Sep 2010
      • Adelaide

Originally posted by XTV View Post
      The stove looks much the same - does anyone know what the improvements are?
      Yeah I was having a look at the pictures and couldn't figure out what the difference was!
      NW VRX MY2013
      Jonny Tig FMIC, 3" Exhaust, RalliArt remap, Provent, FuelManager, CouplerTec rust protection, ARB bar, Runva winch, TJM Snorkel, Bilstein/Lovell/Airbags, full Bushskins kit, Asfir AC+fuel, Fyrlyt Nemesis 9000 spotties + LED headlights, Uniden UHF, RedArc TowPro Elite, BRC breathers, Honda sprayers, Automate lockup/paddles, Rhino platform/backbone

Comment

• grhyso
        Valued Member
        • Aug 2012
        • Perth

The issue was to do with an internal shut off valve so that would explain it looking the same. Expensive now but, $29!

My old one is sitting out in storage, bought a coleman triton dual burner for $98, burners are more powerful, wind break is built in (i prefer primus version but the coleman will do the job), can be used with either a gas bottle or with colemans little propane cans so pretty well as portable as butane cans.
        2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

• jimnyjerry
          • Dec 2011
          • BlueMts

They have a rundown of the changes here http://www.expeditionaustralia.com.a...butane-stoves/
          2007 NS R shortie, smartbar, Bushskinz intercooler & sump guard, Bridgestone AT Duelers

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

Comment

• Fritterbug
            Valued Member
            • May 2013
            • Brisbane

Originally posted by jimnyjerry View Post
            They have a rundown of the changes here http://www.expeditionaustralia.com.a...butane-stoves/
            Some of the old models have the pot stand fixed in place as well. They were the same height as the can end but slimmed down over the burner. So fitted in the usual box.

I thought the main change was supposed to be an overheated can ejection system that actually worked.
            MY14 Pajero VRX

Comment

• sharkcaver
              "2000"+ Valued Contributor
              • May 2009
              • Perth

Originally posted by Fritterbug View Post
              I thought the main change was supposed to be an overheated can ejection system that actually worked.
              The supposed problem was that the safety shut off valve did not shut off when the gas pressure got to 90PSI. The cans will increase to this pressure (and greater) when they get hot. They rupture at about 115PSI IIRC.

The reason the cans get hot is from misuse, but the underlying problem supposedly was that the shut off valve did not shut off at the critical pressure before the can ruptured with the disasterous result that entails.

So I would guess the shut off valve in these (and no doubt all the susequent ones to come back to market), will have the shut off valve redesigned to incorporate operator misuse and actually prevent the can from rupturing.
              MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• Dicko1
                Valued Member
                • Dec 2014
                • Cairns, FNQ

Decisions, decisions decisions...how do we look after the mentally challenged?
                Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• GOSSAMER
                  Valued Member
                  • Apr 2008
                  • doncaster east vic

I got an email today from Sitro group the suppliers of Gasmate in regards to the twin burner i returned under the recall, their is a delay with the twin burners so they are sending a free single burner and will send the twin burner when they finally come in.
                  Back from the Dark side
                  NT VRX, Ironbark, Dobinson suspension, Kanati muddies 275 65 18, Boo's bash plates (now with dents )

Comment

• Pushbike
                    • Jun 2017
                    • Sydney

Hi Pickle,
                    I very much appreciate the experiments you have carried out. My previous experience with portable gas stoves has been with GAZ canisters. One of these canisters will boil 2 litres of water for well over 1.5 hours. As they were not to be carried on board aircraft I used to empty them then fill (partially) with water before disposal into general garbage. Refer Hilton bombing theory.
                    Now what I would like to know is how safe is it to dispose of the butane canisters, that you have tested, into general garbage. And how do you carry the unused/partially used canisters, inside the Paj, outside or in a trailer?.
                    Pajero NX GLX MY17, OEM Rubber mats, OEM Towbar and tongue, After market Rev. Sensors, MSA4x4 seat covers, OEM nudge bar.

Remember the science demonstration of a table covered with mouse traps loaded with ping pong balls and the teacher drops a ping pong ball into the middle.
                    Well, the ball has been dropped.

Comment

• Dicko1
                      Valued Member
                      • Dec 2014
                      • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by Pushbike View Post
                      Hi Pickle,
                      I very much appreciate the experiments you have carried out. My previous experience with portable gas stoves has been with GAZ canisters. One of these canisters will boil 2 litres of water for well over 1.5 hours. As they were not to be carried on board aircraft I used to empty them then fill (partially) with water before disposal into general garbage. Refer Hilton bombing theory.
                      Now what I would like to know is how safe is it to dispose of the butane canisters, that you have tested, into general garbage. And how do you carry the unused/partially used canisters, inside the Paj, outside or in a trailer?.
                      I carry 8 cxanisters inside a black plastic battery storage box (as you,d buy from bcf or supercheep. Put thin spong rubber around and just leave in a box in the trailer. No problems. When they are empty I turn them upside down...press the nozzle in and this allows any remaing gas to disperse. Then chuck in the bin.
                      Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Pickle
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2007
                        • All over Oz

Mine are carried in a used washing powder bucket that can hold about 5 . Have them wrapped in odd socks found in the socks draw. Discard as per any other pressurised vessel (ie fly spray /deodorant.) in the bin . Not a danger if the have no gas/ propellant left inside.
                        Dave
                        NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                        Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• nj swb
                          Resident
                          • Jun 2007
                          • Adelaide

I carry mine in a crate inside the car, with the original caps on. When they get towards the end, I run them in a burner until they're empty (at home) and throw them in the bin.

I have also shot some with a rifle, and the results were disappointingly underwhelming.
                          NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Billy500
                            • Aug 2016
                            • Brisbane

Carry all of mine in the rear draws, I slide each can into two rubber beer can cooler, one from the top and one from the bottom. The cartridge fits perfectly, keeps them cool, no rattleing sound and you can drop then without damage.
                            Just remove and use.
                            2002 NM 3.5L V6 Auto GLS, Cooper Discovery AT3, 2" Bilsen King lift, Orion VHF/UHF radios,LED Spot light, Rear drawers, Waeco CFX 50 and slide, 120 amp dual batteries, 2.5x2.5 awning with side shades.

Comment

• Pushbike
                              • Jun 2017
                              • Sydney

Hi,
                              Thanks for your replies. Will check for old socks or similar. By the way an old cotton sock makes a good cleaning mitt. Or just to keep your hands clean when changing a tyre on the way to a party, wedding etc. Keep a pair near your tool kit. I used them when cycling, for lifting the chain back onto the sprockets and to clean and oil the frame, wheel rims and hubs, a very versatile accessory.
                              Pajero NX GLX MY17, OEM Rubber mats, OEM Towbar and tongue, After market Rev. Sensors, MSA4x4 seat covers, OEM nudge bar.

Remember the science demonstration of a table covered with mouse traps loaded with ping pong balls and the teacher drops a ping pong ball into the middle.

Comment

• Pushbike
                                • Jun 2017
                                • Sydney

A little bit more on Butane canisters

Hi,
                                I recently purchased a Butane "blow torch" from Bunnings.
                                In testing it out I found that instead of ejecting a gas stream it ejected liquid. When this liquid was ignited the "blow torch" became a flame thrower. Naturally I turned it off for safety reasons.
                                Thinking about my experience with butane canisters in cookers (and also paint aerosols) I realised that the canister was too cold and needed a little bit of a warm up in the sun.
                                Now, do the cookers have some way of preventing the canister ejecting liquid instead of gas?
                                Or should gas cooker users make sure the canister is warm before use.
                                Also I found that spray paint aerosol cans get cold with use.
                                Tried to get it to maintain its' flame thrower act today but not cold enough?

Sorry did not log ambient temp. Location Sydney, time Sunday a.m. 30/06/2019
                                Attached Files

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X