• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andythiing
    • May 2019
    • Adelaide Hills

Short 3

Purchased my NT X a few weeks back and absolutely loving it. Did our first off road test trip last weekend with friends. Did the border track (Pinnaroo to Keith) - my first time. Loved it and was surprised at how challenging some of the climbs where in quite soft sand. Served the purpose of a test trip for our upcoming July trip to Fraser.

Thought I’d share my build, which in large part is being guided by my friend Craig who also owns a LWB NT.

I’m 3rd owner and with only 130k on the click she is very tidy. Ive added a rola flat rack, in process of adding dual battery and some 12v additions. She goes in Monday to have an ARB commercial bar fitted along with snorkel and airbags to assist with towing. Order a catch can yet to fit.

Managed to get some second hand clearview mirrors.

Already had 2inch pedders lift by previous owner.

Also hoping to add ARB front diff locker before July trip and some aftermarket rims with muddies for touring and save the excellent existing rims for daily use and small trips. Will also be working on rear storage options for upcoming trip.

Any comments or constructive criticism welcome as I’m hear to learn.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Andythiing; 25-05-19, 08:45 AM. Reason: Forgot detail
    SWB Pajero NT X diesel auto
    2 inch lift
    ARB bar and snorkel
    Bushskinz bashplates and sliders
  • kblof
    • Apr 2017
    • Radelaide

looks like a good buy.
    there's a few of us now in the Adelaide Hills, great place to live.
    2011 NT Pajero| DID

Comment

• cruisn06
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2011
      • Perth WA

Tidy little rig mate
      07 Mitsubishi Pajero Shorty - Currently rolling around... Parked in Armenia for the moment

Insta: https://www.instagram.com/wrongturnadventure/

Comment

• RUGGA
        Valued Member
        • Nov 2014
        • Adelaide

Shorty's looking great!

Originally posted by Andythiing View Post
        P. Did our first off road test trip last weekend with friends. Did the border track (Pinnaroo to Keith) - my first time. Loved it and was surprised at how challenging some of the climbs where in quite soft sand. .
        Did you tow the camper along the border track?
        02 NM 3.2, Auto, Exceed, I/C and sump guards, L&B 2" lift, 265/75/16 OPAT2.

Comment

• Andythiing
          • May 2019
          • Adelaide Hills

Sure did - a few tough spots but really only got stuck at top of the last big dune and only required a short tow over the ridge - paj was awesome - very impressed after owning a few 100 series
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Andythiing; 25-05-19, 05:27 PM.
          2 inch lift
          ARB bar and snorkel

Comment

• DID Dash
            • Aug 2016
            • Australia

Wow, what a good effort to get the Jayco down the Border Track. Did the track last year with swags. Wouldn’t take my camper through there. Any damage?
            17MY Pajero Sport, Factory Towbar, King Springs KCRS-23/Pedders 5899 Cones, 265/70R17 A/T's for the rough trips.

Comment

• Andythiing
              • May 2019
              • Adelaide Hills

Originally posted by DID Dash View Post
              Wow, what a good effort to get the Jayco down the Border Track. Did the track last year with swags. Wouldn’t take my camper through there. Any damage?
              No damage - but we did make the mistake of putting our bananas and mandarins in the corner wire baskets - mandarins peeled and seeded themselves and had banana smoothie in the bottom of the cupboard - took it easy - the penguin is the outback version so has some extra height. I’d say the border track is close to its limits though - anything rougher would be too risky
              2 inch lift
              ARB bar and snorkel

Comment

• Andythiing
                • May 2019
                • Adelaide Hills

ARB mt barker fitted bull bar, snorkel and airbags - did a great job
                Attached Files
                2 inch lift
                ARB bar and snorkel

Comment

• Andythiing
                  • May 2019
                  • Adelaide Hills

Lake Eyre

My daughter finished her yr 11 mid year exams and had a few days off school - so we decided to have a father daughter trip to lake eyre - stopping 2 nights at William creek - so far the little paj has performed well on the trip
                  Attached Files
                  2 inch lift
                  ARB bar and snorkel

Comment

• Andythiing
                    • May 2019
                    • Adelaide Hills

On our way to glass house and Fraser - a few nights on the Gold Coast - a few more mods for the trip
                    - got some 17 inch aftermarket rims with muddies from a good mate as my touring tyres
                    - put in my icom 400 from my old lx470 to replace the newer cb that was in car as the icom is so much better
                    - took out tear dual seat for extra storage as only my younger daughter is on this trip
                    - put in single kings drawer with fridge slide (cut my old dual drawer in half out of lx470)
                    - installed Marshall’s excellent auto mate kit

Can’t wait to try her out on a few tracks - more pics to come in a few days
                    Attached Files
                    2 inch lift
                    ARB bar and snorkel

Comment

• Andythiing
                      • May 2019
                      • Adelaide Hills

Well with some spare time on my hands like nearly everyone else I decided to tackle a DIY on the SWB. A bug bear with the SWB for me has been the usability of the little boot space - I know it comes with owning a SWB - so I researched all the excellent storage DIY efforts on this forum and got inspired.

So I have built a shelf unit for daily use when seats are upright - but have built to height so when seats folded forward flat (but not all the way up against front seats) I can possibly put in a false floor and install additional draws or fridge slide on top. Seeing others efforts really helped so a huge thanks to all those who have shared DIY in the past.

It’s also light and only a few fixings if I want to remove - door on side to access jack etc and also on floor to access the small underfloor storage space - I removed the factory floor cover so this shelf sits directly on top of subfloor space.

It cost more to build than I planned, took longer than I expected but I had lots of fun and am happy with the results I achieved as a bit of a hack DIYer
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Andythiing; 07-05-20, 11:58 PM.
                      2 inch lift
                      ARB bar and snorkel

Comment

• Andythiing
                        • May 2019
                        • Adelaide Hills

Going away this weekend to eagle view/Saunders gorge - time to dress up SWB 👍
                        Attached Files
                        2 inch lift
                        ARB bar and snorkel

Comment

• Andythiing
                          • May 2019
                          • Adelaide Hills

Made a false floor to cover rear double seat - probably get a drop fridge slide eventually - allows for 3 of us to travel - need to secure a bit better and finish of - will eventually Make second unit to go alongside for when we travel with just Two of us
                          Attached Files
                          2 inch lift
                          ARB bar and snorkel

Comment

• Turorit
                            • Oct 2016
                            • Adelaide

Very tidy build mate, looking good!
                            Have you thought about putting some netting/webbing/bungy cord above the rear storage to make use of the roof space? Good for jackets/pillows & the like
                            What's next on the to-do list?
                            2013 NW GLX. 285,000km | ARB Deluxe Bar, Boo's bashplates, 4x4 Tough Winch, underbonnet dual battery & db140i isolator, D697 265/70r17, Rhino tracks & vortex bars, DIY rear drawers, Waeco CF40, 60L water bladder, 2.5m awning, Vlad TC mod, Provent 200, TJM Airtec, Uniden UH8060.
                            --SOLD--1995 NJ GLS 3.5L Manual. 348,000km 2" Toughdog/EFS suspension, 265/75r16 Toyo Open Country A/T II

Comment

• Andythiing
                              • May 2019
                              • Adelaide Hills

Funny you should mention the webbing idea as I was only speaking with my wife about it yesterday - not sure at this stage -‘with sunroof etc will have to
                              Look at how it fits - I still have a bit to do to tidy up the existing build - edging, lights, tie down points and perhaps some more shelves and tuck in spots on the sides etc.

I also went to a local supplier of crates recommended by some other Pajero owners - admerch - https://admerch.com.au/ to look at some crates - trying to decide if I’ll install a drawer on top next to fridge slide in longer term or buy some decent storage boxes instead?
                              2 inch lift
                              ARB bar and snorkel

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X