Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Do It Yourself Projects

Do It Yourself Projects Anything that you have made up yourself. Rear storage systems etc

Old 01-09-08
Valued Member

Exclamation Timing Belt

Hi all.

Just finished changing my timing belt.

I have put all the details on a word doc and will send it to Pickle within the next couple of days for your viewing pleasure.
You can download the PDF file here.
http://www.filehost.net.au/file.php?...nge.pdf&id=147

John
Have a Gunmetal Grey NS V6 Exceed. Already raised with lovells, Poly airs, Colour coded ARB bullbar, Sidewinder Dual Batteries, WAECO CF50.... Just moved to Perth, wife and 2 girls and a bloody big boy dog.

Build Racing bikes in my spare time - check out the link: http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/f120/
Old 02-09-08
Valued Member

Cool thanks...looking forward to it.

Happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.
Old 03-09-08
Administrator

I have added John's excellent Timing Belt document to his original post.
Download and save to hard drive!
Dave
Old 04-09-08
Valued Member

Thanx Pickle for your help. Hope all enjoy and don't get themselves into too much trouble.

John
Have a Gunmetal Grey NS V6 Exceed. Already raised with lovells, Poly airs, Colour coded ARB bullbar, Sidewinder Dual Batteries, WAECO CF50.... Just moved to Perth, wife and 2 girls and a bloody big boy dog.

Build Racing bikes in my spare time - check out the link: http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/f120/
Old 08-09-08

John, Thank you very much for your work on this subject.
I am a mechanic quambi and I found the instructions easy to follow and dare say it in 100,000 k's might give it a bash myself.
Your pictures are a great help and make it easy to understand
All the best
Goody
I love her
Old 08-09-08
Valued Member

Thanx for your good thoughts, it's encouraging when people state their appreciation, will be doing the Fuel Filter one soon.

John

Old 09-09-08

Hey John - I was thinking of having a crack at this myself this weekend now that my Paj has just clocked over the infamous 100,000 km. So I jumped on the forum and saw your post here. Nice work mate.

But... mine is a 2004 Model 3.8 Ltr V6. Do you think your instruction manual would work for me?

Cheers,
The Paj
Old 09-09-08
Valued Member

The 3.8 will basically be the same as the 3.5. So no probs there. Just take your time and there shouldn't be any problem. If you don't fell confident, then please don't do it.

Enjoy

John

Old 09-09-08
Valued Member

yes, mine is the 3.8 and the only difference is the intake manifold on top and as far as looks goes...and the instructions look like they dont have any problems or differences on the 3.8 that I can see, but like john said if you dont feel confident then dont do it.

Happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.
Old 27-08-09

Wink Cheers John

Thanks for your detailed instructions John. I used them last weekend to do my NM. they were fantastic!

However, mine being a 3.5 DOHC motor I found that I had to loosen the A/C mount to remove accessory block. Just couldnt get enough free play to get that last bit out...only needed 5mm too! Don't know if anyone else has had this issue.?.

Anyway, thought I'd just mention it. Thanx again John
2000 NM SWB Exceed, Leather heated seats - aahhhhhhh, DVD/Pioneer sound system, 16" Advanti alloys, 32 inch Kuhmo Mudders, Custom 6mm alloy sump/trans guards, Safari snorkel, Rage Exhaust System, Thule roof racks, ARB winch bar, 9000lb winch, 60mm lift kit......what next???????

"We'll keep our cowsh*t in the country...You keep your bullsh*t in the city"