Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Bolted on bits, factory and aftermarket accessories

Bolted on bits, factory and aftermarket accessories Discussion of after-market extras: winches, bull bars, tow bars (and Towing), roof racks, snorkels, and other cool stuff

Old 01-09-12
Valued Member

Default Anyone bought a snorkel from "kingsleycrew" or "offroading australia" on eBay?

As per the thread title, has anyone bought a snorkel from "kingsleycrew" on eBay? ("offroading australia" is the name of the seller's eBay store)

If you have, what was it like (ie quality, ease of install, accuracy of template)?

I am considering buying one for my 'blister guard' NL 3.5L Petrol but I guess all of their kits would be similar in regards to quality, ease of install, and accuracy of template.

Here's a link to one of their many snorkels...
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/pajero-sn...item2ebff14be8

| ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | airbags | Cooper AT3 LT's | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank in rear seat well | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')
Old 01-09-12
"2000"+ Valued Contributor

Send a message via MSN to sharkcaver Send a message via Skype™ to sharkcaver

No I haven't and not in regards to snorkels themselves, but Dave seems to be a good guy. I know a few have bought parts of him and been more than happy. He is also a commercial advertiser on this site, have a look in the commercial section.

MY16 NX GLX5, Dobinson's HD springs + MRR shocks + Firestone airbags, 17" Toyo Opats, XXX bar, Dominator winch + IB500 relay, Full Bushskinz kit, Rhino track mount, 7" led spots, 23" light bar, SPV block, Ultragauge, Donaldson secondary filter, LRA 81L aux, 105AGM in rear + Projecta IDC25, 2 tier rear shelf + slide, ARB on board compressor, 2.5 x 3.0 awning

NX build

My Journeys
Old 01-09-12
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkcaver View Post
No I haven't and not in regards to snorkels themselves, but Dave seems to be a good guy. I know a few have bought parts of him and been more than happy. He is also a commercial advertiser on this site, have a look in the commercial section.
i got mine from this ebay user, direct4x4accessories, all went well,and for $222.50 is cheaper too.
Old 02-09-12
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geopaj View Post
As per the thread title, has anyone bought a snorkel from "kingsleycrew" on eBay? ("offroading australia" is the name of the seller's eBay store)
I bought mine from this crew and am pretty happy with it - comes with instructions too.

http://stores.ebay.com.au/4x4-and-Pe...id=p4340.l2563

Geoff
03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.
Old 02-09-12

I didn't buy a snorkel but bought an oil cooler line and was very happy with price, service and quality of part.

I would buy from him again!!
Old 02-09-12
Valued Member

I'd forgotten Kingsleycrew was an advertiser/supporter of the forum.

I also appreciate everyone's comments too.

| ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | airbags | Cooper AT3 LT's | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank in rear seat well | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Old 14-11-12

I got one from him looks ok but no template for the drilling! But he has lots of good items.
Old 14-11-12
"valued 3000+ member"

Apart from the occasional listing for genuine parts that aren't genuine -.- but over all lots of new parts which is always a good thing.

'89 NG Paj, 3L V6, now running 2" suspension lift, 33" Micky T Baja Claws's, Front LOKKA & 12,000lb winch
Old 14-11-12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun 2000 View Post
i got mine from this ebay user, direct4x4accessories, all went well,and for $222.50 is cheaper too.
I also got one from direct4x4accesories only paid 174 with postage but mine was missing the caster plate which I didn't realise till it was to late,lucky my bro inlaw is handy with a welder, found the template holes were out a little but she is on there and doing job
Make sure you take the extra time and get the template on right

2006 pajero exceed
Old 14-11-12
Valued Member

I ended up buying one from direct4x4accesories via eBay auction ($152.50).

The template was a bit out 5-10mm (but this didn't matter as the holes I had to elongate were covered by the snorkel), and the plumbing from the snorkel to the airbox did not fit and I had to make it from scratch. On a good note, the external part of the snorkel fits great and direct4x4accesoriesafter sale service was great! (when I told them about the issues they offered a full refund including the cost to freight it back to them - unfortunately by this stage I'd already cut the holes in the guard so they did a generous partial refund to cover the cost involved in making the snorkel to air box hose.

My Build Thread - HERE