Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Photos - You and your rig!

Photos - You and your rig! Show off your rig and your mods.

Old 13-04-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolz View Post
Any feedback on your gear now that you've had time to get out with it all?

Will you go bull bar?
No Bull Bar planned. I made the mistake of making my previous vehicle too heavy so want to avoid as much weight as possible on this one.

I would probably go a different roof rack if I did it again. Not real happy with this one. Even disregarding the fact that I had to modify it to fit, it just sits too low - can't get under it. I would spend the extra and get the Pioneer platform with the the Rhino rails.

Other than the roof rack, I'm pretty happy with the mods so far. I have also installed a Uniden 8060S and a 7" Android tablet running Torque Pro so I can monitor Boost and Temperature levels for coolant, intake and transmission. I've also fitted an EGR blanking plate which has been in for over 2000 kays now and hasn't thrown a code.

I'm having a front Lokka installed on the 23rd and that will pretty much complete the mods except for a rear storage system which will be my next project and DRLs which are on their way.
Old 15-04-18

Awesome! Thanks for finding the time to reply. There are so many things we can do to these cars, and without a bit of feedback on gear it can be a real mine field of products. And an expensive exercise.

You've given me plenty to think about while I save my $$$
Old 29-04-18

Another trip away. Deep Creek this time. Really loving the Pajero itís such a great all rounder.

Was on Goolwa Beach on Wednesday trying out the Lokka. So far, so good

Deep Creek 1.jpg
Deep Creek 2.jpg
Deep Creek 3.jpg
Deep Creek 4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by StevoSA; 13-06-18 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Changed pictures to thumbnails
Old 12-06-18

Nice Pajero, well setup, like you've mentioned, it's a great allrounder, keep the updates coming.

Wanted - Dobinsons Suspension, Pioneer Rhino rack, UHF
Old 12-06-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevoSA View Post
No Bull Bar planned. I made the mistake of making my previous vehicle too heavy so want to avoid as much weight as possible on this one.

I would probably go a different roof rack if I did it again. Not real happy with this one. Even disregarding the fact that I had to modify it to fit, it just sits too low - can't get under it. I would spend the extra and get the Pioneer platform with the the Rhino rails.

Other than the roof rack, I'm pretty happy with the mods so far. I have also installed a Uniden 8060S and a 7" Android tablet running Torque Pro so I can monitor Boost and Temperature levels for coolant, intake and transmission. I've also fitted an EGR blanking plate which has been in for over 2000 kays now and hasn't thrown a code.

I'm having a front Lokka installed on the 23rd and that will pretty much complete the mods except for a rear storage system which will be my next project and DRLs which are on their way.

Nice work, it looks great. Interesting point on the low roof rack, what problem does not being able to get under it cause?
I'm building up my wish list, and I'm considering building my own roof tray, so I'm looking out for these sorts of issues to learn from.
2007 NS Pajero GLS Diesel. Factory rear diff lock. Custom rear bumper guard. Custom side steps. Boos front three 3mm bash plates. Maxxis AT980. Couple of CB radios. Provent 200. Traction control diff lock mod. ASFIR hidden winch mount with Domin8r X 12,000lb winch. Dobinsons raised springs and shocks. TJM snorkel
Old 13-06-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrubby View Post
Nice work, it looks great. Interesting point on the low roof rack, what problem does not being able to get under it cause?
It makes it extremely difficult to secure the roof top tent to the rack when you can't get your hand under there to access the fasteners. I have modified the RTT by adding alloy angle brackets so I can use u-bolts from underneath and fasten the nuts from the top.

Also, you cannot access the roof to clean it so the grime is building up. It is a mammoth job in itself to even remove the rack from the brackets because there is no room underneath to access most of the fasteners.
Old 13-06-18

I transferred the drawers out of the Prado into the Pajero last weekend. They fit great but I have to trim the wings to fit yet. Can still access the seat well by sliding out the fridge and the drawer under it. I will modify the other drawer to be completely removable to increase access to the area.
Drawers.jpg
Old 18-06-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevoSA View Post
It makes it extremely difficult to secure the roof top tent to the rack when you can't get your hand under there to access the fasteners. I have modified the RTT by adding alloy angle brackets so I can use u-bolts from underneath and fasten the nuts from the top.

Also, you cannot access the roof to clean it so the grime is building up. It is a mammoth job in itself to even remove the rack from the brackets because there is no room underneath to access most of the fasteners.

Good to know, I'll remember those points when I get that to that point. Thanks
2007 NS Pajero GLS Diesel. Factory rear diff lock. Custom rear bumper guard. Custom side steps. Boos front three 3mm bash plates. Maxxis AT980. Couple of CB radios. Provent 200. Traction control diff lock mod. ASFIR hidden winch mount with Domin8r X 12,000lb winch. Dobinsons raised springs and shocks. TJM snorkel
Old 28-10-18

It's been a while since I updated this thread so thought I'd mention a couple of things I've done over the last few months.

I replaced the front EHD springs with HD springs as they were topping out due to not having enough weight in the front.

I have changed the dual battery setup to move the starter battery next to the firewall and modify the OEM battery carrier to fit a N70Z size marine type battery.
Dual_Battery.jpg
Fitted a removable solar panel to the roof rack which performs double duties - also acts as a wind deflector for the roof top tent.
Solar.jpg
Scored a set of 17" Triton wheels and fitted a used set of 265/70 BFG KO2s to try out.
Triton_Wheels.jpg
And have been doing a bit of camping
Katarapko.jpg
Geranium.jpg
Dust.jpg
Old 07-01-20

Installed factory DRLs. Figured Iíve never used the fog lights so may as well replace them with something useful. Instructions suggested a 1 hour task but took me 4 hours.
IMG_2162.jpg
IMG_2163.jpg
IMG_2234.jpg

Also bought a camper trailer
IMG_2214.jpg