Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Pajero Sport > Pajero Sport QE 2015 - 2019

Pajero Sport QE 2015 - 2019 The Pajero Sport new to Oz

Old 01-12-19

Use a synthetic long drain oil and you can maintain the 15,000km service intervals without damaging your engine. My preference is to use an oil that is suited for use in truck engines as a 4wd engine can work just as hard when towing or slogging away in low range.

I do reduce the service intervals for transmission and diff oils when operating in similar conditions from 45,000 km to 30,000 km.
Old 03-12-19

I reduced service intervals when towing with the Patrol because it was recommended in the owners manual. I haven't seen anything like that in the PS manual. So as long as the oil level doesn't creep up to high, nomal service intervals as recommended.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
Old 03-12-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwhitty View Post
I reduced service intervals when towing with the Patrol because it was recommended in the owners manual. I haven't seen anything like that in the PS manual. So as long as the oil level doesn't creep up to high, nomal service intervals as recommended.

That's interesting,

I drive A 2014 Triton & it is definately in their harsh conditions halve the intervals.

As I don't tow 24/7 done every 10,000k's.

My wives Mazda 3 book says 10,000k's, she drives mixed operation & she's no lead foot, I change it every 8000k's ish.

Too me it's common sense,

Example, if your driving highways yardstick 30 mintutes with engine at operating temps (boil off moisture) to 10 hour stints stock standard weights, great go to recommended absolutley.

If you drive short runs stop/ start, traffic idling & or large loads thats what I consider harsh conditions & pull back my inervals, depends how harsh I suppose.

DPF Adds another dimemsion to look out for, sumps full of diesel.

As someone mentioned only way you won't be guessing is oil sample.
Old 03-12-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwhitty View Post

It should be in the manual to change oil & filter @ 7,500km if towing (one of the "severe conditions" specified).
Refer to MMAL website: https://www.mitsubishi-motors.com.au...nance-schedule