• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 2bad4u
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2009
    • Perth, Western Australia

Out with the old, in with the new.

Just updated our old Coromal van to a new Jayco Journey Outback. We had the Coromal for 7 years (it was a 2007 build which we bought in 2012) and never had any trouble with it. Took it to a lot of fun places and did 20000km over those 7 years. So hopefully we have as much fun and trouble free years with the new one.

On a side note, the Coromal weighed just under 2500kg with 230kg on the ball (loaded) and I always used a WDH. We had also had the suspension upgraded in the Pajero. With the new van it weighs just under 2800kg and 180kg on the ball (loaded). But we found there was no need for the WDH. There was a noticeable, but only slight, increase in bounce in the rear end but overall it towed well. Just need to do a longer trip now and get to see how the whole combo handles.
    Attached Files
    Warren
    2012 NW DiD Activ - Retired
    2023 Nissan Y62 Patrol Ti
  • sharkcaver
    "2000"+ Valued Contributor
    • May 2009
    • Perth

Nice one
    MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• cannonsjs
      • Mar 2014
      • Melbourne

Great setup!
      2016 NX Pajero GLX - Bushkinz Bash Plates, 50mm Ultimate Suspension Lift, Uniden 8050S, Projecta Dual Battery Kit, Kuhmo AT51
      2014 PC Challenger Base - Bushskinz & MM Bash Plates, Uniden 8050S, Projecta Dual Battery Kit, Falken Wildpeak AT02

Comment

• Bosbok
        • Jul 2020
        • Perth

Hi 2bad,
        I have a very similar setup to you. What size Journey you got?

Comment

• 2bad4u
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2009
          • Perth, Western Australia

Mines a 19.6. I’ve actually done a fair bit to it over the last 12 months. Upgraded all the electrics to Victron gear, installed an Amptron 150ah lithium battery, diesel heater, stone stomper and about to put flood lights on the sides and back to help when pulling into bush camps at night.

You can see it all here ==>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC66...mhTz6TrWaCLZsg
          Warren
          2012 NW DiD Activ - Retired
          2023 Nissan Y62 Patrol Ti

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X