Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Do It Yourself Projects

Do It Yourself Projects Anything that you have made up yourself. Rear storage systems etc

Old 25-04-19

Default LED lights under side mirrors

Hello, I have always wanted to install LED lights under the side mirrors to help with night time parking especially when the passenger side of the car needed to be close to kerb. Both the NX side mirrors already have little light globes (red arrow in the pic). Said globes are dim and inadequate for my purposes. So I was thinking of the following:

1. To replace the existing globe with something brighter (LED) and install a by-pass switch so I can manually switch it on during parking.

2. To install a separate LED light and place it under both side mirrors next to the existing light globes (marked red X in the pic).

Would like to hear your thoughts about which is easier or if someone has already done that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg side mirror2.jpg (117.8 KB, 72 views)
Old 14-07-19

If you’ve considered a roof platform then worklights mounted up there would be very effective.

Have you had a look inside the mirror to check for real estate if you were to install a flush mount lamp?

MM Bullbar, DRL/Fog Retrofit, Safari Snorkel, TJM HD Suspension, Rhino Rack Cross Bars, GME UHF, LRA 81L Aux Fuel Tank, Lightforce 170 Lights, Dr Air ProFlow Compressor, 23 Zero Awning, Companion 45L Fridge Half a tank of Diesel.