Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Other Makes including Toyota Nissan etc

Other Makes including Toyota Nissan etc Discussion on pro's and con's of other makes and models.

Old 14-02-18
Valued Member

Got a call from the compliance workshop this morning to say its ready to be collected. Looking to get it tomorrow morning on the way to work. Can't wait!
Old 14-02-18
Valued Member

Awesomeness

Enjoy

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) - OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch front #plate light bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T,Dash cam, 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap
Old 14-02-18
Valued Member

So cool, these things were an absolute weapon back in the day & are still an amazing drive today going on this article http://www.evo.co.uk/mitsubishi/evo/...hi-evos-tested

The Mškinen is 13 years old but has a feel that is much more modern. The ride is firmer and the damping more tightly controlled, but itís certainly not harsh once up to speed. More importantly, that hyper-agility that I remember so clearly has arrived in style. The quicker steering isnít jumpy but the rate of response is fast and pinpoint accurate. Understeer is never an issue at all and the Active Yaw Control feels more aggressive in pinning the front tyres on line and edging the rear just a few degrees wide as you commit to the throttle.

Very envious of you sir - enjoy!!

Cheers,
Stephen
Old 14-02-18
Valued Member

There's a nice looking grade 4B example at auction tomorrow with only 57000kms if anyone is keen.
Old 19-02-18
Valued Member

Picked it up last Thursday and have enjoyed every minute of driving it. The paintwork it very stained (acid rain, fall out, etc), but with a bit of elbow grease I feel it will come up fine. I did a test patch and it cleaned up well. Need to commit a whole day to doing this, maybe more.

Yesterday I removed the huge gamut of electronic gizmos related to tolls, GPS, etc and the big double-din Japanese head unit and installed a simple JVC headunit with bluetooth. I also removed the turbo timer and boost gauge, for no other reason than to give the cops 2 less reasons to defect me.

I made a list of OEM parts and placed an order with Amayama last night with a view to make it as original and complete as possible.

Needs new brake rotors which I'll do when I repaint the Brembos.

Going to change all the fluids over Easter when I can get to my neighbour's hoist.

I haven't had a "fast" car for about 12 years so its been great to scratch the itch again.
Old 19-02-18
Valued Member

Nice mate. Thats exactly what I'd do to......back to factory standard.

Previously
88 NF SWB 2.6 manual
92 NH LWB 3.0 auto
92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
95 NJ SWB 3.0 auto
99 Cruiser 4.5 manual with all the fruit
Old 26-02-18
Valued Member

Gave it a good going over with clay bar, polish and wax. It has come up really good and all the staining has gone. I was recommended to use Bowdens Own products and I must say I'm very impressed.

Pictures speak a thousand words.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 15196356444090.jpg (169.7 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg 15196356822332.jpg (139.0 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 15196356668461.jpg (112.2 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 15196356951923.jpg (130.4 KB, 22 views)
Old 26-02-18
Valued Member

I like..........very very much.

Previously
88 NF SWB 2.6 manual
92 NH LWB 3.0 auto
92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
95 NJ SWB 3.0 auto
99 Cruiser 4.5 manual with all the fruit