• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nayala
    • Mar 2013
    • western victoria

Originally posted by 0415discog View Post
    Yes, he mentioned sikaflex in an earlier post.
    Thanks, I've done mine
    And happy with the result
    Cheers
    Ika

2013 NW 3.2 L GLX R : Boo's bash plate, Roley rear plate, ORS Drawer, GME 3110 plug n play, SPV mod, Redarc BCDC 1220IGN, Pioneer platform, 30" LED light bar on roofrack, ARB bullbar

2004 NP ; Dueller 697 ; ARB bullbar ; Uniden 7760 : RFI CD900 ; eagle eyes headlight ; double din Tablet PC DVD ; 7" spotlight ; (SOLD)

Comment

• stevemc181
      Valued Member
      • Sep 2012
      • Thornlie/Perth

Originally posted by KiwiNTPajero View Post
      yes looking into getting some"rated recovery points on the NT.cant go on trips withthe local 4wd drive club without rated recovery points.They have their own inspectors.does that rear loop go into the receiver,and is it "rated"
      i like your work
      No idea how you are going to fit "Rated" recovery points to the front of the NT. No such thing exists for a late model Pajero with a Monocoque Chassis. The standard factory hooks on the front have been proven sufficient if used in conjunction with an equalising strap. If the local club won't accept this, I would look for another club that knows what they are talking about.

Here is a link to a video done some years ago in conjunction with some Mitsubishi techs. http://youtu.be/wPXixsvjDjY

Ask the club if the chassis that they have their aftermarket hooks attached to has been rated? No manufacturer I am aware of provides a rating for the actual chassis.
      Last edited by stevemc181; 20-12-15, 12:26 AM.
      2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
      3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• caroma
        • May 2012
        • WA - Pilbara

Originally posted by stevemc181 View Post
        And a gratuitous shot of the Paj for good measure

From one Steve to another, your Paj is looks sick! The black rims are tops.
        2008 NS Petrol Auto.

Comment

• stevemc181
          Valued Member
          • Sep 2012
          • Thornlie/Perth

Originally posted by caroma View Post
          From one Steve to another, your Paj is looks sick! The black rims are tops.
          Glad you like it, I've thrown a few dollars and hours into it over the past 3 years. The missus says I love the Paj more than her!
          2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• Natator
            • Jan 2011
            • Brisbane

Glad you like it, I've thrown a few dollars and hours into it over the past 3 years. The missus says I love the Paj more than her!
            I have to agree, that is one great looking Paj. Your work has really paid off.
            2007 NS DiD GLX, Auto. ECB Bullbar, GME TX3440 UHF, Parrot Handsfree, Spotties, Sliders, Rear Storage System, Bash Plates, Dual Battery, Roof Stuff.

RIP: Lost in 2011 QLD floods - 1995 NK GLX 2.8D, 5-speed Manual. ARB Bullbar, Spotties, Cargo Barrier, Tow Bar, Turbo Timer.

Comment

• stevemc181
              Valued Member
              • Sep 2012
              • Thornlie/Perth

Originally posted by Natator View Post
              I have to agree, that is one great looking Paj. Your work has really paid off.

Cheers, it's an ongoing project, always seem to find something else to add while the missus rolls her eyes

Comment

• signo1985
                • Sep 2017
                • Perth

Yep, there was no room on my NW to go under the rubber at all, so I just laid it in the windscreen channel and used a few dabs of sikaflex to hold it in place. You wouldn't know it was there if I didn't point it out. I ran the positive down one pillar and the negative down the other as I couldn't get a good enough earth via the roofrack.

Hi Steve,
                I know this an old discussion but i am about to mount my new led bar onto the pioneer rack.
                Unfortunatley your photos are all blurry, any chance of better ones

Also, did you mean you just run the cable on top of the rubber seal....or did you manage to squeeze it under it??

cheers man

Edit
                Using tapatalk photos are actually o lot clearer so all good.
                Last edited by signo1985; 08-01-20, 01:02 PM.

Comment

• KPJero
                  • May 2019
                  • QLD

Team,
                  I bought a wiring harness off ebay for two led work lights that I plan to mount on my roof rack. One on the front roof rack and one on the rear both facing to the right. The intent is to use them setting up during camping etc.
                  1. My (dumb) question is, do I need specific heat resistant cables/looms to protect the cables from the sun/rain? If so, what do you recommend?

2. My other question is, has anyone recently ran cables from the rear to. The roof? I'm wiring up a fuse block / rocker switches on my drawer system so the switch /power for the work leds will be on the right rear corner of my cargo area. Id before for it to be a permanent setup Rather than having to disconnect anything when closing the door. (NT GLX with factory rails and Aldi roof racks)

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X