• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • m_and_m
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2010
    • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

Originally posted by BB63 View Post
    I haven't read through the entire thread, but I did read very early in there that you were looking at doing one for the NP, did this get anywhere?
    If so i'd be sticking my hand up for one.
    Cheers Brian
    Hi Brian, sorry, no plans in the near term for the Gen 3.
    2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
    2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too
    Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• Ian H
      Valued Member
      • May 2015
      • Melbourne

The product doesn't really need any more plugging, it sells itself but I took our 2.5t caravan back to it's storage place today which involved a trip through the winding roads of the Dandenong Ranges. Auto Mate off and the trans temp was 72 in the pan and 85 at the pipe. Turn Auto Mate on and it dropped quickly down to 70 and then settled around 62 on both readings.

I turned it off again for the trip home and noticed that even without the caravan on the back, the trans temp got back up to 80at the pipe and 72 in the pan, so on it went again and it settled back to low 60's as it did before.

I'm very glad I got it, towing or not.
      2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• Dicko1
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2014
        • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by Ian H View Post
        The product doesn't really need any more plugging, it sells itself but I took our 2.5t caravan back to it's storage place today which involved a trip through the winding roads of the Dandenong Ranges. Auto Mate off and the trans temp was 72 in the pan and 85 at the pipe. Turn Auto Mate on and it dropped quickly down to 70 and then settled around 62 on both readings.

I turned it off again for the trip home and noticed that even without the caravan on the back, the trans temp got back up to 80at the pipe and 72 in the pan, so on it went again and it settled back to low 60's as it did before.

I'm very glad I got it, towing or not.

Thats why I have to laugh at thsoe people who say their suv or twin cab, with no aftermarket gauges, tows 3 tonne easy and no problems whatsoever. No temperature gauges means all is well...wouldnt call the factory water temp a gauge..more of a "shit its boiled and your motors gunna have problems" gauge.
        Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• nj swb
          Resident
          • Jun 2007
          • Adelaide

I'm amazed that Wholesale Automatics still sell analogue transmission temperature gauges for modern vehicles. I couldn't do that in good conscience - I'd have to tell owners about OBD2 devices.
          NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Keithyv
            Valued Member
            • May 2018
            • Perth

Nothing wrong with good old fashioned temp gauges IMHO. No messing around, what you see if what it is.
            2014 NW MY14 3.2 DID GLX-R Auto. Champagne in colour!
            MM Lockup mate. King KCRS-35 rear springs. Monroe Gas Magnum TDT rear shocks. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors and rear cargo area. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear (2nd row) USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with LED light bar. Provent catch can. LED interior lights. Rear cargo area twin Andersons and Merit socket. Anderson plug in rear bumper. 6 channel TPMS.

Comment

• Ozzz
              • May 2019
              • Brisbane

Just placed an order for auto mate. I have been working from home for two weeks, its the best timing to install this little kit
              My20 Nx Gls Graphite | Tow Bar| Plates Sum,Trans&Rear| Munji Egr| Provent Catch Can| Automate Pro| Rock Slider| Paddle Shift| 265 70 r17 Goodyear Silenttrac| Koni 90&88 plus Kings| Tuningkit Race​​​​​

Comment

• m_and_m
                Valued Member
                • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Ozzz View Post
                Just placed an order for auto mate. I have been working from home for two weeks, its the best timing to install this little kit
                Thanks Ozzz, order received. It will ship on Tuesday once post offices are open again.

I agree, with the extra time spent at home nowadays it's a great opportunity to install the kit.
                2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
                Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• Ozzz
                  • May 2019
                  • Brisbane

Hi Marshall

A quick question. Can I mount the resistor on the plate which holds the ecu? drilling a hole on the plate is far easier for me, thanks

30mins later,I have already done it. the drilling area is pretty hot but the rest plate is pretty cool, i guess it will be ok...

final update. the instruction provides the best location. resistor in my position may touch the wires after putting the plate back. I will sort it out.
                  Last edited by Ozzz; 19-04-20, 05:04 PM.
                  My20 Nx Gls Graphite | Tow Bar| Plates Sum,Trans&Rear| Munji Egr| Provent Catch Can| Automate Pro| Rock Slider| Paddle Shift| 265 70 r17 Goodyear Silenttrac| Koni 90&88 plus Kings| Tuningkit Race​​​​​

Comment

• Ozzz
                    • May 2019
                    • Brisbane

Just went out for a spin. Felt like driving a clutchless manual. When I released the gas, the rpm held around 2k for engine braking. The fuel economy got improved, cant tell the exact number due to short distance plus many times on and off auto mate to feel the difference. Downsides were a bit noiser while below 60kph, more like vibration and a bit harsher while gear shifted up or down between 3rd and 4th. But automate has shift point adjustment function, I will do more tests tomorrow to suit my personal preference. Overall, very good unit

Comment

• m_and_m
                      Valued Member
                      • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Ozzz View Post
                      Just went out for a spin. Felt like driving a clutchless manual. When I released the gas, the rpm held around 2k for engine braking. The fuel economy got improved, cant tell the exact number due to short distance plus many times on and off auto mate to feel the difference. Downsides were a bit noiser while below 60kph, more like vibration and a bit harsher while gear shifted up or down between 3rd and 4th. But automate has shift point adjustment function, I will do more tests tomorrow to suit my personal preference. Overall, very good unit
                      Thanks Ozzz. I recommend people leave it on the default settings for a while to get used to the different feel of the car before adjusting shift points. Because it’s now more like a manual, it naturally needs to rev a little higher before it can change gears, which can take a little getting used to.

Comment

• NTBenny
                        • May 2017
                        • Newcastle

Marshall,

Do you plan to post the recent dyno results from your email sent out? I would like to also see the torque graph if possible?

Cheers,

Benny.
                        2011 NT Pajero Platinum, DCS 80AH Extreme Battery, Stedi 8.5" LED driving lights, Bushskinz side steps & bash plates, Provent 200, Auto-mate TC lockup, Derale fan forced trans cooler, custom 3inch exhaust, JT intercooler, Bilstein + Lovells 2 inch lift, Airbag Man bags, DBA slotted rotors, braided brake lines, diff+gearbox+transfer breathers, Redarc boost & EGT gauge, Tuned by TME 141rwkw 598nm.

Comment

• m_and_m
                          Valued Member
                          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by NTBenny View Post
                          Marshall,

Do you plan to post the recent dyno results from your email sent out? I would like to also see the torque graph if possible?

Cheers,

Benny.
                          Will do. I'll do it in a new thread.

Comment

• m_and_m
                            Valued Member
                            • Mar 2010

Originally posted by m_and_m View Post

Originally posted by NTBenny View Post
                            Marshall,

Cheers,

Benny.
                            Will do. I'll do it in a new thread.
                            here

Comment

• Ocean
                              • May 2014
                              • Blue mountains NSW

Impressed with mine also installed it last week end. Living in the Blue Mountains and working in the Horsley Park area I noticed before installing it on my recently purchased NX MY 2020 driving home Lapston Hill to home is approximately 20km of steady climbing from an altitude of 100 to 615m the trans temp would peak at around 90 degrees car is stock standard weigh wise appears from new electrics and second battery. After installing the AM it now peaks at 58 degrease. Impressive difference.

It does tend to labour and create more drive train noise on the climb home maybe this is because of the DPF version has a taller gear ratio. Am also wondering if I amend the gear change speeds so the is less laboring.

Looking forward to seeing the difference when the van is hooked up. Really like the idea of being able to exclude 5th for towing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Oct 2005 NP Diesel Auto, Roof Racks, Redark Brake controler, Tobar, Rear Suspension Air Bags, Turbo Timer, Oricom UHF030 CB, ARB Bar, Warn 10000 Magnum Winch, Old Man Emu 2" Kit, Bushskinz Cooller, Sump, Transmission and Transfer Bash Plates, Tigerz11 Rear Awning and Net, Tigerz11 side Awning, Dual Batteries, Cooper AT3s, home made steel rack, rear home made Draws, Donaldson 3 micron second fuel filter, ERG blank, all breathers extended and Integra side steps.

Comment

• glsgls
                                Valued Member
                                • Dec 2007

hi guys,I have fitted the auto mate to my paj,it is very easy to fit took me around 2 hours,instructions are very easy to read inmo ,if you have not yet got one it should be on the want list,your paj will thank you for it , and as for towing the camper,the trans temps are much lower great product well done marshall

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X