• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • littleriver
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2013
    • Queensland

Diamond advantage 10yr/200,000km warranty

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap
  • Dicko1
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2014
    • Cairns, FNQ

What a rip off...pay exorbitant capped price fee for 10 years or use a decent private mechanic and save heaps but you lose 5 years of warranty..crap! Smells like a bribe to me..
    Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• littleriver
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2013
      • Queensland

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
      What a rip off...pay exorbitant capped price fee for 10 years or use a decent private mechanic and save heaps but you lose 5 years of warranty..crap! Smells like a bribe to me..
      For the first 5 yrs take it to the local mechanic.. then go to Mitsubishi after that .. if you still have the vehicle

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
        Valued Member
        • Aug 2016
        • Greater Sydney

Totally agree Dicko.I have read recently the ACCC are looking into the if you do this you warranty be A. If t you don't it will be Z trap.

“This new 10-year extended warranty puts owners in control,” Mitsubishi Motors’ Director of Marketing and Operations, Rob Nazzari said.

Come on Robert that's marketing speak for come in suck It puts Mitsubishi in control. Sure some poor suckers will do it.

First service $490 for an oil/filter change and a 'walk around'? Watch out for the phone call and the up sell.

When we purchased our NS we had a 130,000k or 10 year warranty plus 2 or 3 year roadside assist. It was NEVER serviced by MM but we kept the warranty and roadside assist.

I'm not knocking the product. We love our Pajero. It's the BS marketing crap ALL vehicle manufactures come up with to make you think they are doing you a favour.

I supply the oil and filter. Cost s me $80. Mechanic charges $100 for the job and that includes the 'walk around'. Plus they clean the wheels and spray the tyres.Total cost $180.

Why don't I do it myself? At 75 climbing under a vehicle is not going to happen.

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
          Valued Member
          • Aug 2016
          • Greater Sydney

Originally posted by littleriver View Post
          For the first 5 yrs take it to the local mechanic.. then go to Mitsubishi after that .. if you still have the vehicle

Come on.

As if that would work.

Did you miss this?

10-year/200,000km new car warranty (if owners do not service with a Mitsubishi dealer they will still be covered by Mitsubishi’s 5-year/100,000km warranty).

Comment

• spot01
            Valued Member
            • Apr 2011
            • Adelaide

The MMAL website has been updated with all the details re the MY21, warranty, CPS, etc.

Main change for the MY21 is the return of the Exceed.

The changes to warranty & CPS apply to MY20 & MY21 sold new from today 1/10/20.
            Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• littleriver
              Valued Member
              • Jan 2013
              • Queensland

Originally posted by BruceandBobbi View Post
              Come on.

As if that would work.

Did you miss this?

10-year/200,000km new car warranty (if owners do not service with a Mitsubishi dealer they will still be covered by Mitsubishi’s 5-year/100,000km warranty).
              That’s the catch hey ... like others have said it’s in the ACCC court ... but I don’t like our chances ..

Comment

• Ozzz
                • May 2019
                • Brisbane

what a fun practice from MMAL. the exceed is back!!!! I was hunting for an exceed mainly for the leather and the dealer had no exceed left. So I bought a gls. 3 months later gls with leather model showed up. o well...time for a leather seat upgrade
                My20 Nx Gls Graphite | Tow Bar| Plates Sum,Trans&Rear| Munji Egr| Provent Catch Can| Automate Pro| Rock Slider| Paddle Shift| 265 70 r17 Goodyear Silenttrac| Koni 90&88 plus Kings| Tuningkit Race​​​​​

Comment

• dean
                  Valued Member
                  • Jul 2007

Bloody brilliant....I always buy new and always use a dealer for servicing...Happy Days
                  Dean
                  NM V6 since August 2000. Cargo Barrier, Satphone, Decent Suspension, Decent Tyres Eg. Any 10 PLY E Load Brand Not Important. Aux Tank, Rola Sports Racks/Basket, Decent Canvas Bag, Quality Esky. A Good Setup For Outback Touring/Desert Crossings.

Comment

• Dicko1
                    Valued Member
                    • Dec 2014
                    • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by dean View Post
                    Bloody brilliant....I always buy new and always use a dealer for servicing...Happy Days
                    Dean

Glad your happy with getting ripped off. Some people spend their money a little more carefully and get value.
                    Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Wimpey
                      • Nov 2009

So is this the reason Perth driveaway prices on carsales have gone up 10k ?
                      Been thinking of upgrading to new and last week it was about $51k driveaway price with 7yr warranty, now you get the pleasure of paying $61k for the same car with 5yr warranty if not dealer serviced. Or go to Mitsi and pay over $7k in fixed price service costs to avail of the 10yr warranty.

Think may have to try and find a decent priced used Paj.
                      Last edited by Wimpey; 02-10-20, 03:29 PM.

Comment

• Keithyv
                        Valued Member
                        • May 2018
                        • Perth

Yeah nice to know my NW is worth more than $10K MORE than what I bought it for 2 or 3 years ago.. NOT.

What a joke this is

Find Cheap and Discounted New and Used Cars, Vans & Utes available in Welshpool 6106, WA. Buy and sell almost anything on Gumtree classifieds.
                        2014 NW MY14 3.2 DID GLX-R Auto. Champagne in colour!
                        MM Lockup mate. King KCRS-35 rear springs. Monroe Gas Magnum TDT rear shocks. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors and rear cargo area. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear (2nd row) USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with LED light bar. Provent catch can. LED interior lights. Rear cargo area twin Andersons and Merit socket. Anderson plug in rear bumper. 6 channel TPMS.

Comment

• Jasonmc73
                          Valued Member
                          • Jun 2019
                          • Brisbane

I see this kind of marketing in the machinery field often,

Generally Warranty is for faulty manufacturer & workmanship, this would be a very grey area with quite a few components i feel at the back end of your 10 years/ 200k's?

The longer the warranty depending on how many claims/ cost to the manufacturer also depends on how harsh they are at judging the warranty being administered by the dealer.

Yes of course absolutley your have consumer rights you can take the dealer & or the multi national company to court of course you can, if you feel you have been unduly treated
                          How often do you think this actually happens?

Your signing up to a "service agreement", your also more than likely paying an extended warranty premium within the sale price even if it has been levied against all vehicles being sold for as long as they choose to run the programme depending on how succesful the sales tool they view it as being when reviewed
                          Last edited by Jasonmc73; 02-10-20, 07:42 PM.
                          Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

• Ozzz
                            • May 2019
                            • Brisbane

from every 2nd service, the cost is about 1000 such as 4th, 6th, 8th, 10th. Do you guys know where the money go? 1000 bucks, it seems a lot need to be replaced
                            My20 Nx Gls Graphite | Tow Bar| Plates Sum,Trans&Rear| Munji Egr| Provent Catch Can| Automate Pro| Rock Slider| Paddle Shift| 265 70 r17 Goodyear Silenttrac| Koni 90&88 plus Kings| Tuningkit Race​​​​​

Comment

• spot01
                              Valued Member
                              • Apr 2011
                              • Adelaide

Originally posted by Ozzz View Post
                              https://www.mitsubishi-motors.com.au...ero_CPS_A4.pdf

from every 2nd service, the cost is about 1000 such as 4th, 6th, 8th, 10th. Do you guys know where the money go? 1000 bucks, it seems a lot need to be replaced
                              Every 30k the valves are adjusted (2 to 3 hours labour + about $130 for the parts kit) + various filters & fluids - refer to the service schedule on the MMAL website for full details.

The major 2 year services usually cost around $1,500 at dealers - some are more.
                              Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X