• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • disco stu
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2018
    • Wollongong

LPG tank not filling

Just putting this out there in case someone else has seen this issue.

LPG tank won't fill on my Camry. It is a wagon and has the round icom tank in the spare wheel well. This tank takes the multivalve, which had to be replaced in January this year for the 10yr test at the small price of $350......just to replace the burst valve which is covered in the cost for normal tanks Typical European design that costs way more than it should to service

Anyway, all I can do is put in about 10-20c worth at a time. If I hold the pump handle in it will squeeze a few cents more in very slowly. It seems to me that its just filling up the hose between filler and tank, but moving extremely slowly past the tank valve into the tank itself.

Just wondering if anyone has come across this and has any ideas?

Called the place that did the tank test this year. The gas guy is in and out and I haven't been able to get hold of him. I've got till 10 in the morning and then he is away for a week. If that happens it looks like I'll be popping out the multivalve myself to have a look (range has been down since this valve replaced, I'm guessing the pickup is sitting higher so I want to extend that to the bottom of the tank)

Appreciate hearing from anyone who might have experienced this and have any ideas

Cheers

Stu
  • disco stu
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2018
    • Wollongong

Figured out the issue. The float is stuck at full, forgot that it was reading full tank the whole time I was using it. Out of gas now but still reading full. Can't get it to fall down, so looks like I'm going to have to pull it out

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
    Working...
    X