• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Peterng
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2013
    • Northern Rivers NSW

Is it my imagination or is someone is playing tricks on me?.
    I bought some FTC decarboniser and the fuel
    Injector Crd cleaner.
    The turbo lag has gone, if not, it's hardly noticeable anymore...
    WTF!!!!
    Plant the right paw from a full stop and the Paj takes off like a scoldered cat..
    No playing with the sports shift..just in plain D for drag..
    I've been using the CRD cleaner for about 12 months, the FTC about 2 months in 3 tanks..
    It seems to start quicker..
    I haven't done any real fuel economy stuff..
    It's a fraction quieter at idle..
    It might be my hearing going..
    But the pickup from a standing position, now that's been noticeable for me as an improvement.
    Interesting...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Joffa
      • Jun 2012
      • Far Nth Qld

Has anybody used or heard reports of " Cost Effective Maintenance " products. http://www.costeffective.com.au/Prod.../aw10-antiwear.
      I was getting extremely high trans temps. Thought this might help.
      Have done a full trans flush. Then fitted a PWR trans cooler. Biggest I could get.
      I just copied this from my post in the NT page.
      I was hoping somebody has used the AW10 anti wear in their transmission
      Thanks.
      2010 NT Platinum DiD. Pearl white, ARB matching colour deluxe bar,Steinbauer, 2.75 BD exhaust, dual batteries, Redarc elec brake controller, Cooper AT3, McHitch auto coupler & WDH, OME suspension lift & air bags with sleeves, Uniden radio, Bushskinz bash plates,
      Scanguage II. PWR trans cooler, Alpine INE-W9970 head unit. Clearview mirrors.

Towing Jayco Journey 17-55-9 OB.

Comment

• Peterng
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2013
        • Northern Rivers NSW

Originally posted by Joffa View Post
        Has anybody used or heard reports of " Cost Effective Maintenance " products. http://www.costeffective.com.au/Prod.../aw10-antiwear.

Have done a full trans flush. Then fitted a PWR trans cooler. Biggest I could get.

Thanks.

Just a question.. are you pulling a heavy van etc in 5th and not using the sports shift.

Comment

• ozdoogie
          • Nov 2015
          • Redcliffe, Qld

Originally posted by Joffa View Post
          Thanks.
          Hey Joffa,

At my last service, I got the AW10 added to my 2010 NT, 3.2 CRD, manual transmission and engine by the mechanic.

I don't know my transmission temps, but it's been 3 months and almost 5000 klms and the transmission is smooth, right from cold now.

When cold used to be a bit notchy 2nd to 3rd. Now just smooth all the time.

Engine sounds smoother, but then I run the CEM FTC decarboniser & CRD enhancer at least every 3-4 weeks. Been doing this for the last 10 months.

I can definately hear the difference in the engine when I add the dose of CRD enhancer.

I'm averaging 9L/100km economy (city cycle) mostly Redcliffe to Brisbane.

Very happy[emoji3] with their products.

Guy
          2010, NT GL, Alloy Bullbar, LED Internal Lights retrofit, UHF radio, "Special EGR Gasket". , LED Spotlights
          Work in Progress.....

Comment

• Peterng
            Valued Member
            • Jun 2013
            • Northern Rivers NSW

Originally posted by ozdoogie View Post
            Hey Joffa,

At my last service, I got the AW10 added to my 2010 NT, 3.2 CRD, manual transmission and engine by the mechanic.

I don't know my transmission temps, but it's been 3 months and almost 5000 klms and the transmission is smooth, right from cold now.

When cold used to be a bit notchy 2nd to 3rd. Now just smooth all the time.

Engine sounds smoother, but then I run the CEM FTC decarboniser & CRD enhancer at least every 3-4 weeks. Been doing this for the last 10 months.

I can definately hear the difference in the engine when I add the dose of CRD enhancer.

I'm averaging 9L/100km economy (city cycle) mostly Redcliffe to Brisbane.

Very happy[emoji3] with their products.

Guy
            Just a question...

With the AW10 added to the engine oil:

Have you noticed a few changes...
            1/.Like the motor feels like it is reving faster?
            2/.It is quieter, quicker and smoother on start up..
            3/. quieter on cruise or around town travel..

Long story short, I got some "CEM Oil flush left in from the last oil change..anyway, today...
            I noticed motor revs quicker and the diesel engine noise is far more less...
            A bloke passed me in a car park driving a 2015 Diesel Prado, it sounded noisy..

Comment

• ozdoogie
              • Nov 2015
              • Redcliffe, Qld

Originally posted by Peterng View Post
              Just a question...

With the AW10 added to the engine oil:

Have you noticed a few changes...
              1/.Like the motor feels like it is reving faster?
              2/.It is quieter, quicker and smoother on start up..
              3/. quieter on cruise or around town travel..

Long story short, I got some "CEM Oil flush left in from the last oil change..anyway, today...
              I noticed motor revs quicker and the diesel engine noise is far more less...
              A bloke passed me in a car park driving a 2015 Diesel Prado, it sounded noisy..
              Hi Peterng,

1. Haven't noticed, but feels smoother

2. Yep, have noticed that.

3. Slightly quieter overall more noticeable on highway runs.

When I put the CRD fuel enhancer in the tank, engine purrs
              2010, NT GL, Alloy Bullbar, LED Internal Lights retrofit, UHF radio, "Special EGR Gasket". , LED Spotlights
              Work in Progress.....

Comment

• Peterng
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2013
                • Northern Rivers NSW

Cost Effective Maintenance FTC DECARBONIZER

My mistake..I should have worded my questions better...

With no 1..
                Have you noticed more flexibility in the rev range.
                The rev needle moves quicker through the rev range... goes from say 1200rpm to 4200rpm quicker.

With No 2..
                Does the engine seem to start quicker first up and the typical noise of the engine getting proper oil pressure is not as harsh.
                As it was before the adding of the AW10.

Last edited by Peterng; 20-02-17, 09:05 PM.

Comment

• Dicko1
                  Valued Member
                  • Dec 2014
                  • Cairns, FNQ

Hi Peterng,

1. Haven't noticed, but feels smoother

2. Yep, have noticed that.

3. Slightly quieter overall more noticeable on highway runs.

When I put the CRD fuel enhancer in the tank, engine purrs

What ratio are you using when adding the fuel enhancer?
                  cheers
                  Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• ozdoogie
                    • Nov 2015
                    • Redcliffe, Qld

My mistake..I should have worded my questions better...

With no 1..
                    Have you noticed more flexibility in the rev range.
                    The rev needle moves quicker through the rev range... goes from say 1200rpm to 4200rpm quicker.

With No 2..
                    Does the engine seem to start quicker first up and the typical noise of the engine getting proper oil pressure is not as harsh.
                    As it was before the adding of the AW10.

Hi Peterng,

1. Yep, definitely revs "easily", doesn't feel "bogged" down. Pulls well. My engine is std and std exhaust, no chips etc.

2. Starts quicker and no harsh noises. Before the AW10, sounded like it took a little while for the oil to circulate.

Cheers mate, sorry I wasn't clear the first time,.

Guy
                    Work in Progress.....

Comment

• ozdoogie
                      • Nov 2015
                      • Redcliffe, Qld

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
                      What ratio are you using when adding the fuel enhancer?
                      cheers
                      Hi Dicko,

Every 3-4 weeks I use 10 mls of the CRD enhancer mixed with 40 mls of the FTC Decarbonsier. Probably a bit conservative but it works.

When I do a long run in rural/remote areas, I use 20 mls per tank of the FTC Decarboniser and every 2nd fill, will add 10 mls of the CRD enhancer. I chatted to CEM and they advised me that the FTC is also good as a fuel conditioner (anti-fungal etc).

Cheers

Guy
                      Work in Progress.....

Comment

• Dicko1
                        Valued Member
                        • Dec 2014
                        • Cairns, FNQ

Hi Dicko,

Every 3-4 weeks I use 10 mls of the CRD enhancer mixed with 40 mls of the FTC Decarbonsier. Probably a bit conservative but it works.

When I do a long run in rural/remote areas, I use 20 mls per tank of the FTC Decarboniser and every 2nd fill, will add 10 mls of the CRD enhancer. I chatted to CEM and they advised me that the FTC is also good as a fuel conditioner (anti-fungal etc).

Cheers

Guy

Thats what I thought. I,ve used it and do not notice any difference what so ever. At 8000 to 1 I wouldnt expect to either...
                        Dicko. FNQ

Comment

• basil
                          • Apr 2012
                          • Gembrook

With 2 percet AW10 antiwear, the oil pressure goes from 2500 psi, which is fairly standard with most decent oils today, to 4200 psi. This is a huge increase which simply keeps more oil so to speak between metal surfaces.

Having large amounts of phosphorus in it is what gives it the antiwear characteristics, and is only put into regular oils in small quantities as it isn't cheap.
                          The huge reduction in friction can literally be heard and is brilliant at start up when most oil has drained back into the sump.
                          It maintains a micro thin layer which pays dividends at such times. Remember, 90 percent of all wear happens in the first 3 seconds after start up.

I personally run it at least 5 percent in the engine and 5 percent in the auto as well.
                          My oil tests show an average iron content of 3 parts per million after 10,000 kms which is ridiculously low, but it is also treated with Xcelplus which helps also.

By the way, run the ftc at 50 mills per tank to get the benefits or until you can hear the slightest noise difference when accelerating smoothly.

I find it hard to let things be a certain accepted way when it can be noticeably better with a few tweaks. Oi results don't lie, and blind Freddy could notice the difference. when mixed at the correct levels.
                          Just my 2 cents worth.

Cheers.

Comment

• boostboost
                            • Jul 2016
                            • Sydney

I've just run my first tank with CRD Enhancer at 10mls/80L and FTC at 100ml/80L. According to the instructions the first tank is 100ml.

How long before I hear or see any difference ? Or is this one of those how long is a piece of string kinda question ?

Comment

• Peterng
                              Valued Member
                              • Jun 2013
                              • Northern Rivers NSW

Originally posted by boostboost View Post
                              I've just run my first tank with CRD Enhancer at 10mls/80L and FTC at 100ml/80L. According to the instructions the first tank is 100ml.

How long before I hear or see any difference ? Or is this one of those how long is a piece of string kinda question ?

I started to feel a difference by the end of the 2nd tank of FTC, very supple changes, the little injector rattle will be a little less noisy. Then by the end of the third tank there will be some changes that you will start to notice.
                              If you can, by the end of the 2nd tank take the vehicle out and give it a good boot full..in manual mode. You should notice a bit of smoke come out of the exhaust. Then travel at 60kph or so and floor it again, the turbo spool up time will fell less...

Comment

• Dicko1
                                Valued Member
                                • Dec 2014
                                • Cairns, FNQ

I started to feel a difference by the end of the 2nd tank of FTC, very supple changes, the little injector rattle will be a little less noisy. Then by the end of the third tank there will be some changes that you will start to notice.
                                If you can, by the end of the 2nd tank take the vehicle out and give it a good boot full..in manual mode. You should notice a bit of smoke come out of the exhaust. Then travel at 60kph or so and floor it again, the turbo spool up time will fell less...

Peter , he was talking about the fuel enhancer not the decarboniser. As I said at 8000 to 1, I cant possibly see how you could feel any difference with the fuel enhancer. The decarboniser is put in at a smaller ratio and does a different job and is a different proposition. I agree...the decarboniser will start cleaning your engine. I,ve used similar stuff in vehicles before..
                                Last edited by Dicko1; 22-02-17, 05:02 AM.
                                Dicko. FNQ

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X