• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kiwi1973
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2012
    • New Zealand

New 4wd video from NZ South Island

Last weekend we went and explored another South Island NZ river valley (there are quite a few of them!) and I've made a short video. The video shows a really beautiful and remote area to take a 4wd and, as we often find, we were out there alone again.

2007 Shogun 3.2DID. UK Diamond Spec. Harrop Eaton front E-locker. MCC Bullbar. Runva 11XP winch. 17" Dotz rims with 32" STT Pro. Koni HT RAID 90 series with +2" EHD Lovells springs. ASFIR protection plates for engine & transmission. DIY steel rocksliders. LRA 81 litre auxiliary fuel tank. Waeco CFX-40. Home made drawers & fridge slide. Dual power - 120a/h AGM with CTEK DC-DC. LED lighting. 43 litre water tank with two electric pumps - one for tap (via filter) & one via heat exchanger.
  • sharkcaver
    "2000"+ Valued Contributor
    • May 2009
    • Perth

Originally posted by kiwi1973 View Post
    Last weekend we went and explored another South Island NZ river valley (there are quite a few of them!) and I've made a short video. The video shows a really beautiful and remote area to take a 4wd and, as we often find, we were out there alone again.

https://youtu.be/qQjMAsLsdQg
    Sure is beautiful. So different to the spinifex and sand over here. Can you tell us more about your front recovery point I noticed?
    MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• kiwi1973
      Valued Member
      • Sep 2012
      • New Zealand

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
      Sure is beautiful. So different to the spinifex and sand over here. Can you tell us more about your front recovery point I noticed?
      That's not a recovery point. I think you're referring to my winch? It's a Runva 11XP Premium model and that's how it came - in place of a hook on the end of the winch rope this model came fitted with a shackle and an interface piece that goes between the rope and shackle, as shown in the attached photo.
      Attached Files
      2007 Shogun 3.2DID. UK Diamond Spec. Harrop Eaton front E-locker. MCC Bullbar. Runva 11XP winch. 17" Dotz rims with 32" STT Pro. Koni HT RAID 90 series with +2" EHD Lovells springs. ASFIR protection plates for engine & transmission. DIY steel rocksliders. LRA 81 litre auxiliary fuel tank. Waeco CFX-40. Home made drawers & fridge slide. Dual power - 120a/h AGM with CTEK DC-DC. LED lighting. 43 litre water tank with two electric pumps - one for tap (via filter) & one via heat exchanger.

Comment

• sharkcaver
        "2000"+ Valued Contributor
        • May 2009
        • Perth

Ahh I see. A flat link on a winch. I obviously didn't look hard enough. Cheers!
        MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X