• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • denmonkey
    • Oct 2017
    • Newcastle NSW

diff breather install NT

Hey Guys,

I picked up a set of the diff breathers from AOB last week and got a chance to do the install today.

It's an easy job and the longest bit is running the breather hose from the rear up to the engine bay.

I found the rear breather is only a press fit, so the threaded adapters that come with the kit were useless. Not super happy about this tbh.

Happy to be corrected here.
    So I ended up just reusing the rear connection for the hose as is.

Like others, I just extended the front one up from under the air box to the same spot.

Here's the vid as usual

cheers Brett
  • Axis
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2011
    • Highett Vic

I got the AOB 4 breather kit ages ago - only ended up fitting the rear breather so far! Same as you, I fitted the blue tube straight to the white plastic fitting on the rear diff - didn't remove mine though.

Great vids.
    07 NS DiD GLX Manual, Alloy Bullbar, 2" lift, Bilstein shocks, King Springs, Kumho MT51, Oricom UHF088, Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Airtec Snorkel, Bushskinz Intercooler Guard, Boo's Sump and Tansmission Bash Plates

Comment

• denmonkey
      • Oct 2017
      • Newcastle NSW

cheers Axis.

I was quite disappointed that the screw in one didn't fit.

Besides paying for it, I like the look of it

Seriously, I though it was going to be harder. Not sure why I took so long to get it done .

Comment

• redbruce
        Administrator
        • Sep 2019
        • Melbourne

Given Auto and transfer both vent into the adaptor plate between them, and it vents through a single hole in the bottom, has anyone tapped the hole and run a breather hose from that?
        PCOV Member 1954
        MY15 NX Exceed, Auto Mate PRO, Paddle shift, Vlads TC mod, EVC U9, Unicorn Power upgraded intercooler, Ultimate Diesel tune, Fuel manager 2 micron post filter, Redarc BCDC + Lithium, MM tow hitch, Teshonka brake controller, Provent catch can, GME 3350 UHF, RHS Offroad bash set, Falken Wildpeak AT3W LT265/70R17, TPMS, Dobinson IMS/Kings HHD/EHD 40mm lift, Rhino bars, Drifta 270 awning, spare tyre lift, Ultraguage MX 1.4, Ultravision 205 4.5K lightbar, auxiliary PWR 23 row transmission cooler and radiator bypass, upgraded bar/plate intercooler, KAON barrier and shelf, XTM drawer, ARB Smartbar.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X