X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • msman
    • Mar 2012
    • melbourne

i thought about doing it but chickened out.
    to me it looks like the fact filter pipes are a press in job could not see any hints of a thread.
    to top it off a replacement filter head was $100 from a wrecker on ebay.
    I used Z hose and extra elbow fittings on second filter head to get a 'neater' finish after i also found normal fuel hose rubbed on the bonnet.

Comment

• Hill
      Valued Member
      • Sep 2007
      • Adelaide

I took some brave tablets and applied a pair of vice grips to fitting. It is factory pressed into position.

Fitting as secondary filter is always an option!!
      200 Series
      AOR Quantum 4

Comment

• Rovingman
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2014
        • Blue mountains

Originally posted by vladguan View Post
        I plan to use the bolt that the plastic clip nut is screwed onto to secure the baffle. Anyone see any issues with this? I will be using a 35mmx3mm aluminium with the two holes for the OEM towards the bottom edge and the new one towards the top edge, keeping the bar level. I will have to bend it back to follow the buldge in the baffle.
        I had the same idea but my uncle reckoned that bolt is too small and not strong enough. Also dont know how it is secured and really holding nothing serious in place.
        Pajero NT RX 2011
        Dark tint: Driftadraws:bushskinz set:tough dog lift:50lt waeco:MSA drop down slide: optima 66AH blue top: oricom cb:GME antenna:120w solar:narva 170 lights:hayman reese brake controller:18/265/65 BFG's :roof basket & bag:SPV MK3.1:ARB compressor: Donaldson fuel filter:breathers:Redarc 40amp:century 120AH dual batt: Blue tongue offroad trekka camper trailer :2016 winch n bar Airtek snorkel
        LIVING THE DREAM!! My Build http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=44476

Comment

• Hill
          Valued Member
          • Sep 2007
          • Adelaide

A piece of steel will eliminate the need for secondary mounting points
          Last edited by Hill; 25-03-19, 01:49 PM.
          200 Series
          AOR Quantum 4

Comment

• Rovingman
            Valued Member
            • Jan 2014
            • Blue mountains

Originally posted by Hill View Post
            A piece of steel will eliminate the need for secondary mounting points
            Certainly is a good piece of steel.
            I agree with the bracket I just want to illuminate any vibration movement.
            Can you possibly post a pic from the side of the filter mounted?
            Pajero NT RX 2011
            Dark tint: Driftadraws:bushskinz set:tough dog lift:50lt waeco:MSA drop down slide: optima 66AH blue top: oricom cb:GME antenna:120w solar:narva 170 lights:hayman reese brake controller:18/265/65 BFG's :roof basket & bag:SPV MK3.1:ARB compressor: Donaldson fuel filter:breathers:Redarc 40amp:century 120AH dual batt: Blue tongue offroad trekka camper trailer :2016 winch n bar Airtek snorkel
            LIVING THE DREAM!! My Build http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=44476

Comment

• Rovingman
              Valued Member
              • Jan 2014
              • Blue mountains

Originally posted by Hill View Post
              I took some brave tablets and applied a pair of vice grips to fitting. It is factory pressed into position.

Fitting as secondary filter is always an option!!

Brave is not the word.. I would shit myself, bad enough drilling in the firewall
              Pajero NT RX 2011

Comment

• Rovingman
                Valued Member
                • Jan 2014
                • Blue mountains

Originally posted by vladguan View Post
                I am not planning to use the third bolt to provide vertical strength but more for reducing lateral vibration and flexing of the bar.
                Same as me, I decided against it. Its also a long way from other bolts.
                Do it and see, post results. I tend to be more over kill.
                Pajero NT RX 2011

Comment

• Hill
                  Valued Member
                  • Sep 2007
                  • Adelaide

Originally posted by Rovingman View Post
                  Certainly is a good piece of steel.
                  I agree with the bracket I just want to illuminate any vibration movement.
                  Can you possibly post a pic from the side of the filter mounted?
                  As requested
                  200 Series
                  AOR Quantum 4

Comment

• Rovingman
                    Valued Member
                    • Jan 2014
                    • Blue mountains

Cheers.
                    Did you find it easy enough to bleed the filter? Im not sure if I want to do it my self,
                    fitting the lines no problems.
                    Pajero NT RX 2011

Comment

• Hill
                      Valued Member
                      • Sep 2007
                      • Adelaide

Bleeding

When installed as secondary filter- open bleed screw and pump primer until diesel overflows.

When installed as primary filter - don't open bleed screw - just pump

5 minute job to put new filter on and bleed
                      200 Series
                      AOR Quantum 4

Comment

• Rovingman
                        Valued Member
                        • Jan 2014
                        • Blue mountains

Thanks mate
                        Can you explain By pumping? Is it ignition to acc. Or foot pedal?
                        New to servicing fuel filters.
                        Pajero NT RX 2011

Comment

• Hill
                          Valued Member
                          • Sep 2007
                          • Adelaide

Thanks mate
                          If not confident do a little more research
                          200 Series
                          AOR Quantum 4

Comment

• GHendo
                            Valued Member
                            • Mar 2012
                            • Northern NSW

Thanks mate
                            No mate, nothing to do with having the ignition on or starting the motor. Leave the motor off and use the pump handle on the top of the filter, as in Hill’s photo above. It pumps the fuel through to bleed the air out of the line with the motor off.

Cheers

Geoff
                            03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• Rovingman
                              Valued Member
                              • Jan 2014
                              • Blue mountains

Cheers lads will give it a go seems pretty straight forward.
                              Pajero NT RX 2011

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X