• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • smccask
    • May 2008
    • Perth

Nice work! Pics? Vids?!

When the guy deletes VATs there is a tab in extras that u can change the number of tach output pulses per engine rev. So u can make the pak tacho work perfect.i never got notifications for the last acitvity on this thread.. I'll back and read it and send something soon.
    - Simon
    NS Pajero GLX LWB, 5.7L V8 conversion
    RIP NH Pajero GLS LWB, 5.7L V8 conversion

Comment

• smccask
      • May 2008
      • Perth

That diagram in the manual, page 244, shows the pajero ECU sources +5Vdc to the tacho.
      on the LS1 PCM, Pin 10 on the red connector is the tacho output signal. You should connect a multimeter to volts between pin 10 and GND and run the engine and see what you get. Its either sourcing or sinking, but i would say most likely it is sourcing +5V dc thru an internal pull-up resistor. Hook it up to your paj tach wire and chekc the voltage again while hooked up. tell me what happens then we can work it out.
      - Simon

Comment

• smccask
        • May 2008
        • Perth

The brake input signal to the LS (PCM Blue plug, pin 33) is reverse logic, so when brakes are off, apply +12V to this wire. When brakes are on, disconnect +12V. use a normal SPDT changeover relay to reverse the logic if you don't have this from the brake switch itself. Obvioulsy the PCM won't lockup the converter without the +12V (brakes off). btw, with HPTuners you can alter all the torqe converter lockup speeds and gears
        - Simon

Comment

• MonteroEv
          • Oct 2018
          • US, Washington State

Originally posted by smccask View Post
          Nice work! Pics? Vids?!

When the guy deletes VATs there is a tab in extras that u can change the number of tach output pulses per engine rev. So u can make the pak tacho work perfect.i never got notifications for the last acitvity on this thread.. I'll back and read it and send something soon.
          I had shipped the PCM out to a guy to delete vats and change some other things, I am not sure what he did with the tach, I'll have to ask. Right now I have the wire from the GM pcm hooked straight up to the tach input for the Mitsu. It doesnt move the tach at all. I'll see if I can measure the LS1 tach wire when its running. I posted a vid on my youtube channel. Next video will probably be a walk around or something.

first drive is at the end of the video!

Comment

• smccask
            • May 2008
            • Perth

Nice one mate! Well done

Yeah let me know the voltage enginer running, tach connected and not connected
            - Simon

Comment

• MonteroEv
              • Oct 2018
              • US, Washington State

Originally posted by smccask View Post
              Nice one mate! Well done

Yeah let me know the voltage enginer running, tach connected and not connected
              Hey man its been a little while, but a few weeks back I saw my tach working! I forgot that before I ripped the 3.5 out of the monty the tach had stopped working, or came on very intermittently. So naturally, when I had the V8 in it, the tach did not work and I thought I needed the converter box or something. But I guess that it reads the right signal and the tach worked perfectly. Thank you for your help and generosity through this whole process! Loks like I'm off to get a new gauge. Take care!

Comment

• 06 np vrx
                • Aug 2021
                • Albany WA

Originally posted by Pauly Faulkner View Post
                There's a guy in Nowra that does the LS2 6ltr conversions for the gen3 3.2td using the holden auto mated with the paj transfer so it's definitely doable.
                No doubt you'd get it done without breaking a sweat
                Old thread and post I know, but could you share anymore info on the LS3 into gen 3 conversion.

Thanks Jim

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X