• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • StevoSA
    • Feb 2016
    • Adelaide

StevoSA's NW VRX Pajero

I have been keen on a Pajero for a couple of years now and finally picked up a NW MY13 VRX. One owner, full service history, 98000kms, nudge bar, dual batteries, tow pack with electric brake controller and Goodyear Wrangler ATs.

as bought edit.jpg

My forum history here if interested: https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=51004

Picked this rig up last Thursday and ordered a heap of stuff on Friday and it has started to arrive already. I have ordered the following so far:

OCAM Alloy Flat Roof Rack
    Kings RTT Tourer
    Darche Eclipse 270 Awning
    BoosBashPlates - IC, Sump, Trans and Rear
    Slimline Weather Shields
    Rubber Floor Mats
    Sand Flag (Beach trip scheduled for Easter)
    GME AE4018K1 Antenna (yet to select Transceiver)
    26" LED Light Bar and 3" Alloy Clamp Brackets

And have just installed the front bash plates and weather shields. I'll update this thread as I install accessories.

boos bash plates edit.jpg
    ebay weather shields edit.jpg
    NW VRX
  • StevoSA
    • Feb 2016
    • Adelaide

Installed rear bash plate, light bar, sand flag mount and roof rack rails today. Unfortunately, the roof rack that was supplied does not mate to the rails without modification. Now to see how the supplier handles the problem...
    IMG_1129_edit.jpg
    IMG_1130.jpg
    IMG_1131.jpg
    NW VRX

Comment

• erad
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2015
      • Cooma NSW

Your car is remarkably clean underneath for a car of this age.

Comment

• StevoSA
        • Feb 2016
        • Adelaide

So I ended up drilling new mounting holes in the Roof Rails to get the rack on. I had do something as we're going away for Easter and I needed to get the awning and tent mounted.

IMG_1156.jpg
        IMG_1157.jpg
        IMG_1158.jpg
        IMG_1170.jpg
        NW VRX

Comment

• littleriver
          Valued Member
          • Jan 2013
          • Queensland

nice unit ... well done ...

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• StevoSA
            • Feb 2016
            • Adelaide

Now with front window tint and 2" Kings/Bilstein HD lift

Lifted_Edit.jpg
            NW VRX

Comment

• aussieintas
              Valued Member
              • Feb 2013
              • Sorell, Tasmania

Nice
              2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
              88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
              92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
              92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
              99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
              95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
              08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• StevoSA
                • Feb 2016
                • Adelaide

Some photos from the Easter trip (Border Track and Beachport to Robe ) showing the RTT and awning set up.

20180330_161457_edit.jpg
                20180331_181844_edit.jpg
                20180401_172600_edit.jpg
                20180330_140420_edit.jpg
                NW VRX

Comment

• StevoSA
                  • Feb 2016
                  • Adelaide

Washed it..

washed.jpg
                  NW VRX

Comment

• Nolz
                    • Apr 2018
                    • Sydney

That's all come along well in a fury of mods and travelling over a short space of time.

Looks great! I'm working on something similar, but may be a good year before I get to where you are lol but I did have very similar mods in mind. Any feedback on your gear now that you've had time to get out with it all?

Will you go bull bar?

Comment

• StevoSA
                      • Feb 2016
                      • Adelaide

Originally posted by Nolz View Post
                      Any feedback on your gear now that you've had time to get out with it all?

Will you go bull bar?
                      No Bull Bar planned. I made the mistake of making my previous vehicle too heavy so want to avoid as much weight as possible on this one.

I would probably go a different roof rack if I did it again. Not real happy with this one. Even disregarding the fact that I had to modify it to fit, it just sits too low - can't get under it. I would spend the extra and get the Pioneer platform with the the Rhino rails.

Other than the roof rack, I'm pretty happy with the mods so far. I have also installed a Uniden 8060S and a 7" Android tablet running Torque Pro so I can monitor Boost and Temperature levels for coolant, intake and transmission. I've also fitted an EGR blanking plate which has been in for over 2000 kays now and hasn't thrown a code.

I'm having a front Lokka installed on the 23rd and that will pretty much complete the mods except for a rear storage system which will be my next project and DRLs which are on their way.
                      NW VRX

Comment

• Nolz
                        • Apr 2018
                        • Sydney

Awesome! Thanks for finding the time to reply. There are so many things we can do to these cars, and without a bit of feedback on gear it can be a real mine field of products. And an expensive exercise.

You've given me plenty to think about while I save my $$$

Comment

• StevoSA
                          • Feb 2016
                          • Adelaide

Another trip away. Deep Creek this time. Really loving the Pajero it’s such a great all rounder.

Was on Goolwa Beach on Wednesday trying out the Lokka. So far, so good

Deep Creek 1.jpg
                          Deep Creek 2.jpg
                          Deep Creek 3.jpg
                          Deep Creek 4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by StevoSA; 13-06-18, 07:53 PM. Reason: Changed pictures to thumbnails
                          NW VRX

Comment

• sa_on_patrol
                            • Aug 2016
                            • Mt Barker

Nice Pajero, well setup, like you've mentioned, it's a great allrounder, keep the updates coming.
                            2013 NW GLX-R CRD Auto | ARB Bullbar | Projecta IDC25 | Tow Pro Elite | Khumo AT51 265/70R17 | Home Made Rear Storage Unit

Wanted - Dobinsons Suspension, Pioneer Rhino rack, UHF

Comment

• rgrubby
                              Valued Member
                              • Apr 2018
                              • Wellington - NZ

Originally posted by StevoSA View Post
                              No Bull Bar planned. I made the mistake of making my previous vehicle too heavy so want to avoid as much weight as possible on this one.

I would probably go a different roof rack if I did it again. Not real happy with this one. Even disregarding the fact that I had to modify it to fit, it just sits too low - can't get under it. I would spend the extra and get the Pioneer platform with the the Rhino rails.

Other than the roof rack, I'm pretty happy with the mods so far. I have also installed a Uniden 8060S and a 7" Android tablet running Torque Pro so I can monitor Boost and Temperature levels for coolant, intake and transmission. I've also fitted an EGR blanking plate which has been in for over 2000 kays now and hasn't thrown a code.

I'm having a front Lokka installed on the 23rd and that will pretty much complete the mods except for a rear storage system which will be my next project and DRLs which are on their way.

Nice work, it looks great. Interesting point on the low roof rack, what problem does not being able to get under it cause?
                              I'm building up my wish list, and I'm considering building my own roof tray, so I'm looking out for these sorts of issues to learn from.
                              2007 NS Pajero GLS Diesel. Factory rear diff lock. Custom rear bumper. Custom side steps. Kaon and ASFIR bash plates. Cooper Evolution MT tyres. Couple of CB radios. UltraGauge. Provent 200. Traction control diff lock mod. ARB Comercial bull bar with custom brush bars and Domin8r X 12,000lb winch. Dobinsons and Kings raised springs and shocks. TJM snorkel

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X