• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RATWGN
    • Dec 2012
    • Beaconsfield

mud maps for android

As the title suggests you can now get the mud maps app on android phones/tablets.

my question is if anyone has got it yet?
    i have a galaxy note 10.1 tablet wifi only model and was wondering if i could get the app for this and would it work? or will it be similar to needing a 3g version like when running it on an ipad.
    My NJ, 3.5, lifted, custom snorkel on 34's
  • JoshF
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2008
    • Brisbane

NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
    Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/

Comment

• RATWGN
      • Dec 2012
      • Beaconsfield

i have seen and read that but it does not answer whether i need a 3g model or wifi only.

Comment

• JoshF
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2008
        • Brisbane

android fortunately isn't broken like Icrap

you need a GPS model
        NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
        Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/

Comment

• RATWGN
          • Dec 2012
          • Beaconsfield

mine is a wifi only model but it does have GPS so it would work?

Comment

• JoshF
            Valued Member
            • Jan 2008
            • Brisbane

I have had both Memory Maps and Oziexplorer running on a WiFi only Droid tablet with GPS, can't see why not unless mud maps does something very different.

Comment

• Downunder35m
              Valued Member
              • Feb 2011
              • Near Melbourne

You need to have WiFi to download the maps, once that is doen they can be used offline.
              Same for your own maps that you copy on the device.
              If you use a model with a Sim card it makes sense to double check the settings for mobile data.
              Some people ended up with huge bills as they downloaded huge maps over their 3G connection instead of the WiFi connection.
              '94 2.8TD, 2" lift, low mount winch, bullbar, roofrack, UHF, custom drawers, HID spotties, cam, GPS....
              Password for all my files: downunder

Comment

• tonymOz
                • May 2013
                • Perth

ORUXMAPS for Android

After trying most of the mapping applications out there I have opted for Oruxmaps on my 10.1 Samsung tablet. A great product and it's free. It offers both online and offline mapping and works extremely well. There are a number of mapping options available and it is compatible with Garmin, OziExplorer and many other map formats. It allows you to select a map area whilst online and download it for offline use later when you don't have connectivity.

Offline maps are also available from openandromaps.org and I have just downloaded a set for next weekends trip.

It supports kml overlay files for POI's and waypoints and also has tracking and route capabilities.

I tried all the other apps, MemoryMap, TurboGPS, Google Maps in offline mode, Oziexplorer and others and Oruxmaps was the easiest to use, most powerful and most flexible.

Anybody else used it?

Cheers
                2011 NT 3.2, ARB bar, UHF, roof bars, dual battery, Lovells / Bilstein 2" lift, 12000lb winch

Comment

• dimmo
                  • Mar 2011
                  • Radelaide

Originally posted by RATWGN View Post
                  As the title suggests you can now get the mud maps app on android phones/tablets.

my question is if anyone has got it yet?
                  i have a galaxy note 10.1 tablet wifi only model and was wondering if i could get the app for this and would it work? or will it be similar to needing a 3g version like when running it on an ipad.

roflmfao at this review:

Comment

• Naviguesser
                    Valued Member
                    • Dec 2013
                    • Crib Point Vic

LOL at the comeback.

FWIW I use Mud Maps on iPad and happy with it.

Mind you I also have Memory Map with the whole of Victoria Vicmap 1:25000 because it was cheaper to buy that map set that way. I scored Memory Map before they started charging for the app
                    MY14 NW GLX-R DiD
                    ARB Bull Bar, Safari Snorkel, Dual Batteries, Tinted Windows, Spare Tyre Lift, Toyo Open Country 2. EGR Block. GME UHF. Illuminator 9" LED Driving Lights.
                    TJM XGS Gold Series Shocks, EFS Coils, Polyairs.
                    Now towing a 19ft regent Caravan

Member of the Cynical Old Bloke Club

Comment

• Catchin Jack
                      Valued Member
                      • Feb 2012
                      • Central Coast NSW

I much prefer Oruxmaps over the rest of them.

Comment

• jcd
                        • Jan 2008
                        • Gold Coast

I have run Mud Maps on my iPad2 for awhile and have never been entirely happy with it, nothing major just lots of little niggles. There is now a new version (mud Maps 2) which incorporates an open source map of Australia, haven't tried it and probably won't.
                        I've used OruxMaps on a Google Nexus 7 (1st gen) and it works pretty well with the latest version of Shonky Maps (free). However, the interface is pretty rough and ready and not at all pretty, nor intuitive. I find the smaller screen a bit of a worry for my ageing eyes so a 10" tablet may be better.

Bye Jeff.
                        NS Pajero SWB R, Diesel, Automatic, BFG AT/KO's, AirTech Snorkel, LRA Auxillary Tank, Dual Batteries, Thule Aerobars & Roof Box.

Comment

• grhyso
                          Valued Member
                          • Aug 2012
                          • Perth

Originally posted by tonymOz View Post
                          After trying most of the mapping applications out there I have opted for Oruxmaps on my 10.1 Samsung tablet. A great product and it's free. It offers both online and offline mapping and works extremely well. There are a number of mapping options available and it is compatible with Garmin, OziExplorer and many other map formats. It allows you to select a map area whilst online and download it for offline use later when you don't have connectivity.

Offline maps are also available from openandromaps.org and I have just downloaded a set for next weekends trip.

It supports kml overlay files for POI's and waypoints and also has tracking and route capabilities.

I tried all the other apps, MemoryMap, TurboGPS, Google Maps in offline mode, Oziexplorer and others and Oruxmaps was the easiest to use, most powerful and most flexible.

Anybody else used it?

Cheers
                          I currently use orux. I have used ozi, locus, androzic, memory maps etc and it's currently the one I like the most. Currently I'm only using my phone (samsung galaxy s3) and I modified the layout so the menus etc take up less space. Eventually I'll be getting an android based stereo and using that for navigation. I'll have a look at mudmaps but at this stage I'll probably stick with orux or ozi if they update it and make it more stable with large maps.
                          2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X