• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • littleriver
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2013
    • Queensland

Originally posted by Toddyh View Post
    Just had a chat to Roo. The reason their exhaust is cheap is that it's cat back only. I'm looking for full turbo back. They don't do a 3" because they foud it droned too much.
    The 2.5" has been a good result for you though it seems.
    I had also talked with the techs at Roosystems and they mentioned that they had better gains with the 2.5 inch
    even with the competitors they still have to go out from the back of the turbo at
    2 1/4 inch and step up 2 1/2 to cat 3inch after cat ...
    I guess Roosystems is being more concious of value for money and testing proving for the best results to the customer ...
    been reading up a lot about the 3 inch systems and some would say is a little too large for the 2.5L motor, but sufficient for 3L (even our local exhaust shop mentioned this from day 1).

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• Camsally
      • Jul 2012
      • Toowoomba

Dyno chart link below. Exhaust is great as the exit point is now down more and to the right side so misses the tow bar. Stainless exhaust close to a $1000 but we only do beach driving once or twice a year, mainly outback.
      2012 PB LS Auto, Cooper AT3 265/65/17, ARB bar, Redarc Dual Battery controller, Scangauge II, TPMS, King Springs 2" (200Kg rear springs), Bilstein Shocks and Air Bags, Factory tow bar, Anderson plug, Rear single draw ORS, Foxwing awning, Rhino roof racks and Tracks, Uniden UHF 80 Channel, 7" Chinese GPS with OziExplorer and Hema maps, Engel fridge and ORS slide, IPF 800 HID converted Spotties, 20" Light Bar, 110lt replacement tank, Complete Campsite 2010 Exodus 11 Off Road camper

Comment

• littleriver
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2013
        • Queensland

@CamSally

Just going off your profile ... it doesn't look like you have a snorkel, is this correct ... ?
        going over your dyno results and doing comparisons to our tune which was more for economy (as we don't tow)...
        looks like the guys at roosystem gave you exactly what your required ...
        2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• fester
          Valued Member
          • Feb 2013
          • Gympie Qld

Originally posted by Camsally View Post
          Dyno chart link below. Exhaust is great as the exit point is now down more and to the right side so misses the tow bar. Stainless exhaust close to a $1000 but we only do beach driving once or twice a year, mainly outback.
          http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...hp?albumid=955
          Bit of a pain to read that graph sideways but where does it show you hitting 500nm at 70 kph and boy do I hate those dyno operators who graph against speed and not RPM. And a good dyno operator will also give you a graph of AFR against boost.

Comment

• Camsally
            • Jul 2012
            • Toowoomba

Originally posted by littleriver View Post
            @CamSally

Just going off your profile ... it doesn't look like you have a snorkel, is this correct ... ?
            going over your dyno results and doing comparisons to our tune which was more for economy (as we don't tow)...
            looks like the guys at roosystem gave you exactly what your required ...
            No snorkel. On our Kimberley trip changed air filter twice. Once in darwin after savannah way and lawn hill then in broome after gibb and Mitchell falls. Never had a snorkel only use car bra twice. Mainly outback driving solo so no convoy to follow.
            Midge range torque is great. Only have to be gentle on accelorator. No trip towing yet just around town and Brisbane and back.
            2012 PB LS Auto, Cooper AT3 265/65/17, ARB bar, Redarc Dual Battery controller, Scangauge II, TPMS, King Springs 2" (200Kg rear springs), Bilstein Shocks and Air Bags, Factory tow bar, Anderson plug, Rear single draw ORS, Foxwing awning, Rhino roof racks and Tracks, Uniden UHF 80 Channel, 7" Chinese GPS with OziExplorer and Hema maps, Engel fridge and ORS slide, IPF 800 HID converted Spotties, 20" Light Bar, 110lt replacement tank, Complete Campsite 2010 Exodus 11 Off Road camper

Comment

• Giddyup
              • Oct 2013
              • Melbourne

Your before plot looks pretty strange compared to the one they have on their website. That's for a 2.5 triton with exhaust and remap.

It almost looks like they weren't at 100% throttle to start off with then put their foot down at around 75 kph where the torque starts to go up. Would have been nice to see what the boost was doing too.

MY14 Titanium manual. Stock.

Comment

• littleriver
                Valued Member
                • Jan 2013
                • Queensland

Originally posted by Giddyup View Post
                Your before plot looks pretty strange compared to the one they have on their website. That's for a 2.5 triton with exhaust and remap.

It almost looks like they weren't at 100% throttle to start off with then put their foot down at around 75 kph where the torque starts to go up. Would have been nice to see what the boost was doing too.

would say that may have been early on in the piece and comparing the challenger to the Triton there are more parameters to play with on the challengers with the ECU (also note the torque is Ft Lbs- {1 ft lbs = 1.355817948nm} ... there are 3 different tunes available from Roosystems - Optimized, Touring and Performance (also it depends on what the customer would like to achieve).
                NB all motors perform different to a certain degree ... and a few factors come into place with oil used (approx.5kw) and how the motor was run in ...
                it's good to see that Roosystems is actually fitting a exhaust that is beneficial to the demands of the 2.5L motor and not just going with the 3inch she'll be right factor ...
                I take my hat off for the guys that think outside of the box ... and put their time and effort into something that actually works

Comment

• Camsally
                  • Jul 2012
                  • Toowoomba

I must say i am very happy with the results. I pondered over this for some months and spoke to the salesman a few times and watched Glen Hadden's videos before deciding.

Comment

• littleriver
                    Valued Member
                    • Jan 2013
                    • Queensland

Originally posted by Camsally View Post
                    I must say i am very happy with the results. I pondered over this for some months and spoke to the salesman a few times and watched Glen Hadden's videos before deciding.
                    great to hear ...

here's a dyno graph from a triton 2.5L with a 3 inch full system & Chip from a reputable company ... (the numbers don't lie).... Camsally you are lightyears ahead

Comment

• littleriver
                      Valued Member
                      • Jan 2013
                      • Queensland

hope you don't mind I put the pic up for you Camsally

Ecu Touring Tune with 2.5inch cat back system

Comment

• rotare
                        Valued Member
                        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by littleriver View Post
                        great to hear ...

here's a dyno graph from a triton 2.5L with a 3 inch full system & Chip from a reputable company ... (the numbers don't lie).... Camsally you are lightyears ahead

The actual numbers recorded are less relevant than the before and after difference (% increase) as different dynos will produce different power and torque figures.

On this basis when comparing peak power the result is pretty well similar between those two dyno graphs, with roo systems achieving 16% increase from standard and the other graph showing an 18% increase over standard.
                        2013 NW VRX

Comment

• littleriver
                          Valued Member
                          • Jan 2013
                          • Queensland

Originally posted by rotare View Post
                          The actual numbers recorded are less relevant than the before and after difference (% increase) as different dynos will produce different power and torque figures.

On this basis when comparing peak power the result is pretty well similar between those two dyno graphs, with roo systems achieving 16% increase from standard and the other graph showing an 18% increase over standard.
                          well noted

first graph (roosystems) with 2.5inch cat back system at 16% power gain

second graph (reputable company) with full 3inch 18% power gain

in summary - 2% more power gain with extra 1/2 inch ...

Comment

• Toddyh
                            Valued Member
                            • Nov 2013
                            • Lalor Park, NSW

Got the 3" exhaust installed today. $940 which I think is pretty good considering the Scott's Rod is $860 odd without installation.
                            100 cell cat and muffler in place. Also had them realign the tail pipe to I've got room to install my aux fuel tank.

I monitored boost on the way home and never got it over 21psi and I tried hard. It does rumble but no drone and there is a decent turbo whistle when it spools down.
                            Too early to tell if it's made a difference to lag but the engine seemed to run a couple degree cooler which is impressive considering it was 40C today.
                            2010 PB LS- ARB Bull Bar, Runva 11XP winch, Cooper ST Maxx 265/70/17, Ultimate suspension lift, Bushskinz plates, Kaymar rear bar with single wheel carrier.

Comment

• supazuk
                              • Jun 2014
                              • Katherine

Update on my 3" scots rods system.
                              Still very happy with the system however didn't like the way it exits onto the towbar so had the tail pipe changed a bit. The difference to noise levels in the cab is pretty substantial.
                              2014 PC Challenger, TJM winch bar, RUNVA 9500 winch, MMA tow bar, $0.09 EGR resister mod, 114L fuel tank, narva 225 HID driving lights, scan gauge 2, uniden UHF, TAIT VHF, TJM battery tray, bush skins , dobinsons lift and plenty more to still do

Comment

• fester
                                Valued Member
                                • Feb 2013
                                • Gympie Qld

I can see that copping a hiding if you are into offroading supazuk and possibly even getting pushed up into the bumper bar. The towbar is not necessarily going to save it either.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X