• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • swamprat
    • Jun 2012
    • western vic

2.6 auto & turbo 2 litre

can anybody tell me if there was a 4speed auto with lockup converter available to go behind a 2.6 or 2 litre , tossing ideas around for my shorty , now ive got the 35,s under it it is overgeared & underpowered as would be expected , got a couple of options with the gearing , didnt want to go down the v6 commodore route for more power so have picked up an import 2 litre turbo 4G63 lwb that i will drive for a bit to see if i like the turbo idea , if so i think an auto would be a good option to repower my shorty , if i like the 4G63 my 2.6 EFI engine will be for sale , anyone had much experience with the turbo 4G63 .
    ND shorty 2.6, EFI, suspension lift , body lift ,fuel tank lift,6 point alloy cage, front bar & winch, upgraded front brakes, 35s"
    NJ lwb 3l auto ,front bar HID driving lights, roof racks as required
    International D1510 4WD 6bt cummins ,air bags 37"s etc
  • nj swb
    Resident
    • Jun 2007
    • Adelaide

The 4G63 dates back to the 1980s, so it's been around for a long time and is well known and supported with aftermarket bits and pieces.

A while back, I did a little research into replacing a 4G54 with the 4G64, and it was reported to be a comparatively easy swap. There was a Gen 1 Paj floating around Australian forums that had this conversion, but I don't recall any discussion of ease/difficulty.

There is also a common belief that the 4G63 heads bolt to the 4G64 block, opening the door to a 2.4 16V turbo using factory stock Mitsubishi parts.

Please - do this, and keep us informed?

Can't help with the 4 speed auto question, but if you're intrigued by the 4G64 concept, I'd be surprised if there's not something out there with the right transmission included.
    NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
    Working...
    X