• Show
Clear All
  • demlock
    • Nov 2014
    • Japan

Pajero starting in second gear and not shifting

1997 Mitsubishi Pajero Junior 4x4
    Automatic

Recently (about a month) my Pajero will start up fine but won't change out of second gear (P, R, N still work). No problems besides that.

However, sometimes it will start fine and cycle through all gears while driving without issue. Never seems to slip or hit hard, its perfect.

Now lastnight my wife drove the Pajero for about twenty miles around town with any issues but after parking and going into Reverse the Pajero died. Started back up fine and drove fine. Just died going into reverse.

No check engine lights are on. However, when you have the key in the ignition to accessory power it shows the seatbelt light, battery light, and AT light plus your other standard lights. Once the car is turned on no lights will remain.

Transmission fluid is still pink, shows no signs of deterioration. Not sure when last change was as I bought it used about 1000km ago.

My best guess is to replace the TCM (transmission control module) as I don't believe the entire transmission is faulty. Its just not knowing what gear to use, my thought is computer related.

Thanks for any help.
  • Pyneman
    • Aug 2013
    • Yarrawonga

Solution

Hey mate, did you ever get a solution to your question. My NL is doing the same thing but if I drive it like a manual it works fine. L-2-D.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
    Working...
    X