• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aaron.miller
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2011
    • Epping, NSW

Hi Shutterbug,
    Can you tell me the brand of the fridge slide. I don't recall seeing any before with the table extending out like that.

When the fridge is pulled out, how do you stop the rest of the crap in the back from falling behind it?

Aaron
    2012 PB 30th Anniversary Challenger, Arb 2.5m awning, Maxtrax, ORS Platform and MSA dropdown slide, Boo's Bashplates, MSA seat organisers with trays, GME 3120s uhf, GME 4705 UHF, Lovells Springs, Arb Deluxe Bullbar, Mitsubishi tow bar, 265/65 17 D697's At's, triple ram mount with ipad and lots more to come.

Comment

• rc211e
      • Oct 2013
      • NSW

Originally posted by Shutterbug View Post
      I made up a floor out of ply, took the tie-down points out and bolted the floor to these. I'll let the photos do the talking. Haven't had an issue with the whole time it's been in the back. I'd say that would be about two years now.

Cheers
      I did something similar;I removed the carpet and tie downs.

I made a template of the rear floor using thick cardboard and marked the tie down bolt holes and winder carefully.

I used 17mm form ply as old Jack suggested and taped the template directly onto the ply and cut with a jigsaw and power saw.

I also added extra carpet pieces for sound deadening in the low spots in the existing foam.

I used 40mm high tensile m6 bolts countersunk into ply with large mudguard washers to hold it all down.

Flaps in carpet cover all 4 bolts and another flap goes over spare wheel winder.

Fridge slide is held in with 8 bolts and t-nuts so I can remove if required. Hardest part was cutting, folding, gluing the carpet underside. I used marine carpet from Bunnings.

I posted photos in the thread on drawer systems http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...t=12401&page=4
      Last edited by rc211e; 27-11-13, 05:45 AM.
      MY14 Challenger, manual, Dobinson 40mm lift,Peddars 5899 cones , all terrain BFs, front E-locker and factory rear locker XROX bar and side steps, Bushskinz, Hayman Reece towbar, rear fridge slide and ORS aluminium drawer. Samsung tablet with external GPS for navigation. CB radio. Redarc electric brake controller. .

Comment

• Shutterbug
        • Mar 2011
        • Adelaide

Originally posted by Motorace View Post
        That looks great man! What type and thickness of ply did you use?
        Hi Motorace,

From memory I used 18mm marine ply for the base. I went that thick as I didn't know how much flex there would be when the fridge was pulled right out. For the slide part I think the thickness is 15mm and it's also marine ply. The whole lot was then covered with marine carpet. The Waeco 60lt fridge weighs a fair bit when loaded up but there is very little movement when fully extended.

Cheers,
        Marc

Comment

• Shutterbug
          • Mar 2011
          • Adelaide

Originally posted by aaron.miller View Post
          Hi Shutterbug,
          Can you tell me the brand of the fridge slide. I don't recall seeing any before with the table extending out like that.

When the fridge is pulled out, how do you stop the rest of the crap in the back from falling behind it?
          Hi Aaron,

The fridge slide is a DIY job. I looked at some of the commercial ones available but nothing was suited for what I was looking for. I didn't want to be carrying a table and setting that up each time we stopped so I made the table part of the slide. The fridge slides are locking 125kg ones from memory and the table slides are 25kg capacity.

What I have since added is a small platform behind the slide with a couple of tie downs where I place my battery for the fridge. As the cargo barrier slops backwards quite dramatically there is actually not much clearance between the top of the fridge and the cargo barrier when the fridge is full in. The battery fits in nicely but there is really no more room to fit anything else in. I haven't had any trouble with anything falling behind the fridge when pulled out as its mainly large bags that are put in the back. I'm the one who packs all the gear in so I pack so that nothing is falling down when the fridge is pulled out. This is not to say that the bags don't shift and end up leaning against the fridge. Generally a bit of a shove and the bags move away from the fridge. I've been contemplating making a steel wire cage to go around the fridge so that no bags or anything rests against the fridge but this is still in the thought stage at the moment.

Cheers,
          Marc

Comment

• Shutterbug
            • Mar 2011
            • Adelaide

Originally posted by rc211e View Post
            I did something similar;I removed the carpet and tie downs.

I made a template of the rear floor using thick cardboard and marked the tie down bolt holes and winder carefully.

I used 17mm form ply as old Jack suggested and taped the template directly onto the ply and cut with a jigsaw and power saw.

I also added extra carpet pieces for sound deadening in the low spots in the existing foam.

I used 40mm high tensile m6 bolts countersunk into ply with large mudguard washers to hold it all down.

Flaps in carpet cover all 4 bolts and another flap goes over spare wheel winder.

Fridge slide is held in with 8 bolts and t-nuts so I can remove if required. Hardest part was cutting, folding, gluing the carpet underside. I used marine carpet from Bunnings.

I posted photos in the thread on drawer systems http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...t=12401&page=4
            Hi rc211e,

Very much alike in how we've both done them. I haven't countersunk my bolts but left them exposed. They haven't caused any problems to date. I have also been thinking about making up a removable drawer that would go on the other side but this is still a thought at the moment.

Cheers,
            Marc

Comment

• rc211e
              • Oct 2013
              • NSW

Hi Marc
              I have purchased a 540x1030x280 aluminium drawer system from ORS but not fitted it yet. I have had it sitting in place and it fits, just!

I plan to make it easily removable, once again by using t-nuts on the underside. I will need to modify the bottom frame slightly for the spare wheel winder. If I need to wind the wheel down I will just roll out drawer and access through a hole in the top of the drawer frame. Looks like you have about 500-540mm width so you could consider something similar but shorter (to clear cargo barrier).

ORS aluminium system is expensive $500+ but appears to be good quality and light. Steel looked good too and was cheaper.

I like your table might adapt for my slide.

I will post more photos as I progress

Cheers
              MY14 Challenger, manual, Dobinson 40mm lift,Peddars 5899 cones , all terrain BFs, front E-locker and factory rear locker XROX bar and side steps, Bushskinz, Hayman Reece towbar, rear fridge slide and ORS aluminium drawer. Samsung tablet with external GPS for navigation. CB radio. Redarc electric brake controller. .

Comment

• Jayctee
                • Mar 2015
                • Brisbane

Removing tie downs in PC

Could I get some hints on removing the 4 tie downs in the rear.
                I cannot remove the plastic cover bracket to access the bolts that hold them in. What's the trick ??The parts diagram is a little lacking in finer detail.
                SOLD: MY14 PC LS Auto Challenger, Airtec snorkel, GME TX3100 UHF, RV360 TPMS, Hema HN7, Provent 200 CC, Torque-Pro, Thunder Weekender battery box, Redarc BCDC 1225D charger.
                SOLD 1997 NK GLX 3.5 Auto

Comment

• davefjedi
                  • Aug 2018
                  • Vic

Originally posted by Jayctee View Post
                  Could I get some hints on removing the 4 tie downs in the rear.
                  I cannot remove the plastic cover bracket to access the bolts that hold them in. What's the trick ??The parts diagram is a little lacking in finer detail.
                  flick them up with a small screwdriver

Comment

• Jayctee
                    • Mar 2015
                    • Brisbane

Thanks davefjedi.
                    Sounds easy. I have tried screw drivers, trim removal tool and even a little pressure under the edge with a 24" wrecking bar !! Not moving. I haven't broken anything yet.

I have attached a pic - am I levering in the right place, around the edge, and are we talking about the same clips ??
                    Attached Files
                    SOLD: MY14 PC LS Auto Challenger, Airtec snorkel, GME TX3100 UHF, RV360 TPMS, Hema HN7, Provent 200 CC, Torque-Pro, Thunder Weekender battery box, Redarc BCDC 1225D charger.

Comment

• gumbs
                      • Jul 2015
                      • Brisbane

Thanks davefjedi.
                      Sounds easy. I have tried screw drivers, trim removal tool and even a little pressure under the edge with a 24" wrecking bar !! Not moving. I haven't broken anything yet.

I have attached a pic - am I levering in the right place, around the edge, and are we talking about the same clips ??
                      No you leaver the small black bit inside and it pops up to reveal the bolt. I think it was back to front to the way I thought it would be but I could be wrong it was a while ago.

Comment

• Dicko1
                        Valued Member
                        • Dec 2014
                        • Cairns, FNQ

Thanks davefjedi.

WRONG. Lever the plastic cover in the centre of the unit...it is on a plastic hings. Its the narrow centre cover that covers the tie down bolt.....your trying to remove the whole cover
                        Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Jayctee
                          • Mar 2015
                          • Brisbane

Thanks Dicko1 and gumbs. That's the trick - easy ! No worries now, much appreciated.

Comment

• ilikeachallenge
                            • Feb 2017
                            • victoria

I was going to mount my 40 lt Engel in the rear but without a slide it is very difficult to access.
                            My solution was to remove the r/h rear seat and I made a base plate from form ply and bolted it down with some longer high tensile bolts to the original seat mounts and mounted the fridge behind the driver and fixed it in place with 4 tie downs.I packed out the underside of the base plate to kick it on an angle toward the passenger side of the car a little which enables the lid to open fully backward and gives easy access without the need to try to hold the lid up.
                            We only ever have one rear seat passenger so this works for us and leaves the rear cargo area free except for my battery.the rear seat passenger can also access the fridge whilst travelling which is handy if your trying to get some serious kms under your belt.i have posted picks on here somewhere but not too sure how to add a link Sorry
                            In the rear I have a custom made for ply box with recovery gear etc bolted to a false floor from formply
                            2014 Ironbark Auto PC. TJM Bullbar and 9500 lb winch with rope,Safari snorkel,ARB bashplates,factory rear locker,BFG KO2 all terrains,custom rear storage and false floor,second row Engel 40 lt fridge mount,tint,Rasslar rock sliders,100 amp dual battery with 40 amp dcdc charger,45 cent EGR resistor mod,MM tow bar,GME 40 channel uhf with RFI antenna,I drive throttle controller,hard wired 180 lt per minute compressor,kings 2.5x3mt awning,Xray spots,OztecKings combo.

Comment

• RUGGA
                              Valued Member
                              • Nov 2014
                              • Adelaide

Originally posted by ilikeachallenge View Post
                              i have posted picks on here somewhere but not too sure how to add a link Sorry
                              Here you go

02 NM 3.2, Auto, Exceed, I/C and sump guards, L&B 2" lift, 265/75/16 OPAT2.

Comment

• Jayctee
                                • Mar 2015
                                • Brisbane

Thanks Rugga and ilikeachallenge (and OJ) for the hints and links. And now I know to use T-nuts for mountings - and use formply - that Brunnings cut to size for me today. Next to attach it to the 4 tie-down mounts with M6 thread bolts.
                                I intend to use overlength bolts firmly attached to the existing mounts with Locktite applied, then cut them off to length and apply nylon lock nuts/washers to hold the formply down.
                                I also have a sheet of "Best Step Anti-fatigue Flooring" to go under the formply.

I looked at the Titan 900 mm rear drawers - they seemed good value, but decided to start with a single floor sheet where I can attach my own setup as and where I like. Ordered a Dunne and Watson fridge slide.

I welcome any suggestions to improve the plan. I needed help at step 1 - to expose the tie-down bolts !!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X