• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • damo83
    • Jul 2010
    • Brisbane

NM Stereo Head Unit Wiring Harness

Hi guys n gals,

I'm swapping out the standard head unit for an aftermarket one and would like to know what plug arrangement the NM's have. Aerpro's website lists a harness with two plugs from the OEM harness but Repco gave me one with a single plug as thats what was in there book. As these are both a general Mitsubishi adapter I'm a bit worried.

For those of you with NMs who have swapped out their head units, can you remember how many plugs there were from the OEM harness?

I'm trying to get all the bits together before the weekend so I only have to pull it all apart once and not have to chase parts on the day.

Many thanks,
    Damo
    *** FOR SALE *** 2000 NM Exceed 3.5l V6 Manual... Lovells 2" SD coils and Lovells shocks/struts... Polyairs... 265/75/16 Goodyear Duratrac... Dual Battery System... Bushskinz intercooler and sump guards
  • Calspec
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2007
    • SA

It has been three years since I did my install, however, I do remember that I only required one adpater harness from Aerpro. In my case it was the APP8JVC for my JVC head unit. You should be able to determine from this what to use for your particular head unit.
    01 NM Exceed 3.5l Auto, SVI LPG, Pacemakers, Alloy Bar, IPF lights, GME TX3440, OME/King Suspension, 2" Lift, Toyo OCII 75's, 2500Kg Tow Hitch, Milford Cargo Barrier, ARB Fridge, ABR Dual Battery isolator, Rear storage drawers, Hema Navigator 7, JVC 7" In dash DVD, TJM Compressor, 2.5T Hand winch and all the bits that go with it, and a 17' Jayco Westport.

Comment

• damo83
      • Jul 2010
      • Brisbane

Thanks mate I'll have a look... I've figured out I only need one harness too but I need the OEM to ISO, the back of my Clarion unit has ISO configuration. I've ordered the Mitsi double plug harness too so I'll have them both and take back whatever I don't need.
      *** FOR SALE *** 2000 NM Exceed 3.5l V6 Manual... Lovells 2" SD coils and Lovells shocks/struts... Polyairs... 265/75/16 Goodyear Duratrac... Dual Battery System... Bushskinz intercooler and sump guards

Comment

• damo83
        • Jul 2010
        • Brisbane

Also three years ago it would of only been one adapter harness but theyve recently changed it so that you now need two... OEM to ISO and ISO to head unit.

Comment

• Calspec
          Valued Member
          • Sep 2007
          • SA

Without taking mine apart, I couldn't be absolutely sure, but IIRC, the Mitsu connectors were ISO, in which case all you would require would be the APP8CLA harness adapter from Aerpro. I know on previous vehicles I have had to make up the adapter set using a combination of OEM-ISO and ISO-head unit sets, but I didn't need to do that with the Paj.
          01 NM Exceed 3.5l Auto, SVI LPG, Pacemakers, Alloy Bar, IPF lights, GME TX3440, OME/King Suspension, 2" Lift, Toyo OCII 75's, 2500Kg Tow Hitch, Milford Cargo Barrier, ARB Fridge, ABR Dual Battery isolator, Rear storage drawers, Hema Navigator 7, JVC 7" In dash DVD, TJM Compressor, 2.5T Hand winch and all the bits that go with it, and a 17' Jayco Westport.

Comment

• damo83
            • Jul 2010
            • Brisbane

I've already got the APP8CLA harness but it doesn't fit my Clarion unit cos its ISO, so if the Mitsu connectors are ISO I won't need any adapters!

I guess I'll find out on the weekend, and if all else fails I've always got the trusty multimeter and soldering iron...

Comment

• damo83
              • Jul 2010
              • Brisbane

Well I got the new head unit fitted over the weekend... I must say it was one of the easiest installs I've done.

For future reference the single plug OEM to ISO harness was the correct one... part no. APP0111.
              This plugged straight into my Clarion head unit after moving the wire for the power aerial.

Comment

• Calspec
                Valued Member
                • Sep 2007
                • SA

I'm glad it worked out to be an easy job.

Comment

• damo83
                  • Jul 2010
                  • Brisbane

So am I... the hardest part was removing the screws that hold the mounting bracket onto the cd player and stacker... the little buggers were in there good and tight! Ended up stripping one screw before I got the drill driver onto them... then had to drill out the stripped screw to get the bracket off.

Comment

• vk3cm
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Tangambalanga

hi
                    I just took delivery of a 2005 NP Pajero exceed, 61,000 kms, not a mark on it inside and out, and couldn't be happier at $9000 in the year 2019 where nothing of value seems to cost $9000. So its got the original sat nav deck mitsi's put in them in 2005(eurovox deck by the looks) and of course, I want to throw that over my left shoulder and put a new android deck in.
                    So my question is, and i have read a few threads on board here, is the aerpro adapters going to work with the exceed, Im just not sure if they ran any amps after the deck on the exceeds. Im hoping they didnt as the instructions form people on this site has been great and with a couple of adapter cables, it seems like its a very easy job. But if there is an amp after the deck, the job just got horrendously harder with me needing to hard wire all the line outs etc. Any one that has an exceed of this vintage that knows, I would be much appreciative.
                    Cheers
                    Brenton VK3CM
                    Tangamabalanga
                    North East Victoria...

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
                      Valued Member
                      • May 2017
                      • Sydney

Originally posted by vk3cm View Post
                      hi

I just took delivery of a 2005 NP Pajero exceed, 61,000 kms, not a mark on it inside and out, and couldn't be happier at $9000 in the year 2019 where nothing of value seems to cost $9000. So its got the original sat nav deck mitsi's put in them in 2005(eurovox deck by the looks) and of course, I want to throw that over my left shoulder and put a new android deck in.

So my question is, and i have read a few threads on board here, is the aerpro adapters going to work with the exceed, Im just not sure if they ran any amps after the deck on the exceeds. Im hoping they didnt as the instructions form people on this site has been great and with a couple of adapter cables, it seems like its a very easy job. But if there is an amp after the deck, the job just got horrendously harder with me needing to hard wire all the line outs etc. Any one that has an exceed of this vintage that knows, I would be much appreciative.

Cheers

Brenton VK3CM

Tangamabalanga

North East Victoria...
                      Our question is, when are you going to post comprehensive pics of a 61,000km NP [emoji1787] lol

(Sorry I can’t help with the audio, I got my NP done at Ryda)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• shaggs1958
                        • Jul 2019
                        • darwin

How did you go with your fit up mate. I have the same model Exceed and the factory unit is dead. What replacement unit and adapters did you use? Would be greatly appreciated .Thanks Shaun

Comment

• MayantiJoshi
                          • Sep 2019
                          • pune

Discussion of electrical systems and accessories.

Great Information was very useful for me...
                          https://nagpur.crbtech.in/electrical...ing-programme/

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X