• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • seadie
    • Jun 2012
    • darwin

Supercheap deals for club+ members

MY05 NP DID GLS,Custom Front&Rear Bars,Custom Side Steps,EWX Runva Winch,2"lift (Bilsteins&Lovells), Rear Polys,Chip-It Chip with EGT Gauge,Beaudesert Exhaust System, 285/75R16 BFG KM2's,Allied Rims, Custom False Floor & MSA Drop Slide, 80Lt Engel, Safari Snorkel,Rally 4000 HID's,Baja Designs 20" LED Light Bar,Bushskinz Intercooler,Sump&Tranny Plates,4.3 Ratio Diffs,Diff,Tranny&Transfer Breather Kit, Dual Battery System in seat well,ARB Compressor,Cross country TMIC,NM 4M41
  • pugsley1967
    • May 2015
    • Thornlie WA

Cheers

thanks for putting this up. I found out a couple of weeks ago (when I needed to use it) that my factory jack was kaput, so this is exactly what I needed to replace it and at a price I like.

Cheers
    Ian
    2005 GLS 3.2 Auto.
    2" lift with Lovell's,
    Bushskinz intercooler, sump & trans guards.
    X-Rox bar with winch on the way,
    auxiliary tank, rear air bags,
    2micron secondary fuel filter,
    turbo timer, HID spots,
    LED light bar, UHF radio.

Comment

• grhyso
      Valued Member
      • Aug 2012
      • Perth

Just picked one up, usually my local store don't have any in stock but today there was around 10.
      2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

• spot01
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2011
        • Adelaide

Originally posted by pugsley1967 View Post
        thanks for putting this up. I found out a couple of weeks ago (when I needed to use it) that my factory jack was kaput, so this is exactly what I needed to replace it and at a price I like.

Cheers
        Ian
        A couple of points to be wary of when buying a replacement jack for a Gen 3 or 4 Pajero:
        - with a flat tyre, the jack needs to be very squat to get under the jacking points (most of these generic jacks don't go low enough)
        - then you have to be able to lift the rear quite high (I used a 4T generic to swap tyres & it only just went under & then only just got the tyre off the ground - this was not with a flat tyre - it can't be used for a flat tyre)

If you have a look at the factory jack, it is very squat & has a 3 stage lift to get the rear high enough - I've yet to see a cheap generic jack that can do this (they are only single stage).

Make sure a replacement jack has the required lift range, or your first flat tyre will turn into a nightmare.
        Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• stevemc181
          Valued Member
          • Sep 2012
          • Thornlie/Perth

Simple solution with the independent suspension, just find a ditch and cross on an angle, she'll lift the wheel in the air for you
          2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
          3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• awill4wd
            Valued Member
            • Nov 2008
            • Pakenham, Melbourne

For me I use the screw type bottle jack that I kept out of my old GQ Patrol.
            Simple and reliable and you never have to worry about hydraulic leaks.
            Regards Andrew.
            2019 MR Triton bog stock at the moment but that will change.

Comment

• seadie
              • Jun 2012
              • darwin

Well as I'm out at work atm I sent the wife in to pick up a jack for me I also asked her to grab some jack stands i figure 4 stands for $50 can't go wrong. http://m.supercheapauto.com.au/Produ...nuFrom=1021467
              I will try the jack out and make sure it is of the correct heights etc spot01 otherwise as stevemc181 mentioned we all know how easy it is to get a irs paj to cock a leg
              Last edited by seadie; 29-08-15, 11:09 PM.
              MY05 NP DID GLS,Custom Front&Rear Bars,Custom Side Steps,EWX Runva Winch,2"lift (Bilsteins&Lovells), Rear Polys,Chip-It Chip with EGT Gauge,Beaudesert Exhaust System, 285/75R16 BFG KM2's,Allied Rims, Custom False Floor & MSA Drop Slide, 80Lt Engel, Safari Snorkel,Rally 4000 HID's,Baja Designs 20" LED Light Bar,Bushskinz Intercooler,Sump&Tranny Plates,4.3 Ratio Diffs,Diff,Tranny&Transfer Breather Kit, Dual Battery System in seat well,ARB Compressor,Cross country TMIC,NM 4M41

Comment

• spot01
                Valued Member
                • Apr 2011
                • Adelaide

Another way is to drive the flat tyre up onto something like a large block of wood, although that is another thing to carry around & you need to make sure it can't slip off whilst you are crawling underneath with the jack.

I've also noticed the generic jacks have a very short handle which may be worth extending for easier & safer use without crawling under the car whilst on a jack.

Can't knock the value at those prices & they all have to meet the Australian Standards. With the cheap Chinese stuff I like to keep a safety margin up my sleeve by not using the gear above 2/3 of it's rated capacity.

PS - I asked my Paj to cock each leg in turn so I could swap the wheels over without jacking but no response - does it all the time on the tracks...............
                Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• nj swb
                  Resident
                  • Jun 2007
                  • Adelaide

Originally posted by spot01 View Post
                  PS - I asked my Paj to cock each leg in turn so I could swap the wheels over without jacking but no response - does it all the time on the tracks...............
                  I've seen it done on a track. Gen 2 pinched a front tyre on a steep climb, and stopped "crossed up" on a relatively flat section. A big bloke (thereafter known as "Jack") climbed onto the rear corner & lifted the flat front tyre clear.
                  NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X