• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BOBSRETURN
    • Jun 2013
    • cairns

recaro seats

have 2012 nw and bought a pair of seat bases to fit recaro seats i have had for a few years , they fit just fine ,however i didnt realize the original seats have airbags in the seat ,its self . to fit would have to get new seats with airbags built in ,or use without wich may be an insurance problem . has any one found a way to fix this problem? or do i just sell the seats and bases ,as cant afford new seats . thanks Bob
  • Nat&Craig
    • Feb 2014
    • Wellington Point, QLD

Hi Bob, I cannot comment about any insurance problems, however years ago while playing around with import Mitsi's & Mazda's I would overcome airbag light & fault codes by installing the correct ohm resistor in the plug that would normally plug into the factory air bag, basically giving it the reading it wants.
    Hope this helps.
    Are your Recaro's that much better than the factory seats? Just curious is all.

Comment

• brad1985
      • Jan 2013
      • Tin Can Bay

I would assume that the vehicle would now be classed as unroadworthy? The example is that is is illegal to change the steering wheel on a vehicle fitted with an airbag fitted to a steering wheel with no airbag fitted, So i would assume it would be the same.
      MY12 NW Pajero Platinum 2.
      ARB Deluxe winch bar, Custom rear draws system, HR Tow bar, 26" 120w LED Light bar, 9" 55w HID Spotlights, Canvas seat covers, Rhino roof cage, Maxxtrax, ARB dual batt tray, Redarc BCDC1220-IGN, ARB Awning, Rhino Roof cage, ARB 47L fridge and slide, ARB Air compressor, GME TX3540s.

Comment

• G Potter
        • Apr 2012
        • Colac

Bob,
        Can be done as i drive in recaros all the time now.
        I have sent you a pm about it.
        Cheers
        Greg

Comment

• BOBSRETURN
          • Jun 2013
          • cairns

recaro,s

had the drivers side in for about 50 klms .after this exhaustive test ,and replaceing with original after much verballing from wife , i would say the recaros are great,hold you in position and very comfortable , will be working on sneaking the drivers seat back in soon

Comment

• G Potter
            • Apr 2012
            • Colac

Bob,
            You no you want them in, get some ear plugs and outlast

Comment

• BOBSRETURN
              • Jun 2013
              • cairns

recaros

you are right i do ! just have to get the warning light out and put seat in , quoted a new recaro with airbag $2900 plus frieght boy thats why everyone dont have them , love the car cheers Bob

Comment

• Yclept
                Valued Member
                • Jan 2013
                • Sydney

Originally posted by brad1985 View Post
                I would assume that the vehicle would now be classed as unroadworthy? The example is that is is illegal to change the steering wheel on a vehicle fitted with an airbag fitted to a steering wheel with no airbag fitted, So i would assume it would be the same.
                I was talking to the Recaro rep at the Supershow this week who advised me that it was illegal to replace a airbag seat with a non-airbag seat.

Cheers, Brett

2013 NW Pajero VRX - White - 3000kg Tow Kit - Sports Mesh Grille - Bonnet & Light Protectors/Weathershields - Thule Wingbar - Tyre Snake - Couplertec Electronic Rustproofing - Maxtrax Mk1 - Piranha Aux Battery Tray - Redarc 1240 Charger - ARB 47 Litre Fridge - MSA Fridge Drop Slide - Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier - ORS Drawers - ARB Deluxe Bullbar - GME TX3540 UHF & AE4703 Antenna - ARB Intensity Lights - ARB Onboard Compressor - Bilstein/Dobinsons Susp - Bushskinz x 4

Comment

• MSF
                  Valued Member
                  • Jul 2009
                  • Sydney, Northern Beaches

If anyone is after some side airbag recaro seats...
                  This is from another forum I am on....

I have a pair of Recaro Topline leather seats for sale. Full electric. Was originally going to fit them to our Caldina, but after 2 years I still have not had time to fit them, & now don't have the motivation either.

These seats came out of an Audi S3 - so they still have the Audi rails attached. Being Recaros, Recaro or similar aftermarket rails/mounts will bolt up
                  (These seats are over $10,000 each new from Audi)
                  These have side airbags

Very good condition. A few small depressions in the leather on the drivers seat from storage, but they will come out with use. One tiny mark & minor belt rub mark on the side of the passenger seat (see pic)

Asking $1,200 the pair. Very rare seat to find in Aust.

Pickup Cheltenham or possibly Seaford (Vic). May be able to organize freight at your cost to local depo (e-go)

Toby 0437665518

Comment

• mk2grimace
                    • Feb 2013
                    • Benalla, Victoria

Apart from being illegal and therefore unroadworthy reducing the crash safety of the Pajero, I don't doubt they are more comfy, the seats in my NM are pretty crappy, 3 hours is my limit... dont have to worry about side airbags so have contemplated better seats...
                    2001 NM 2.8TD GLS Pajero, ARB bar, 9000lb Tmax winch, Airtec snorkel, GME UHF, breathers, 265/75 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, rear storage, Ebay HID's, King EHD lift, LED lighting, dual battery kit, bushskinz intercooler/sump guards, narva +120 globes, tigerz awning, Exedy HD SMF clutch/flywheel kit, pinstriping aplenty...

To do list: Locker, sliders, transmission guard, blah blah blah....

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X