• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mark221263
    • Nov 2008
    • Brisbane

Originally posted by Dion View Post
    You mean for how many litres of oil you put in?

I find the factory one is only good for 9.8litres. If I only put 9litres in then I have to use a longer dipstick. I save money on oil, but the cost of longer dipsticks offsets that somewhat.
    But those sticks dont look like they have the oil retention barbs to make reading oil level easier like the pineapples do

Comment

• InJapan
      • Oct 2013
      • Japan

Originally posted by TheTaipan View Post
      ...and if he charged you for nine would you be asking the same question?

To answer your fair question,

9 is only 0.5 litres off spec, I see no problem there.

If they were more than 1 litre off from spec I'd ask for an explanation of the discrepency.

Comment

• chriso of penrith
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2013
        • emu plains

Originally posted by Dion View Post
        You mean for how many litres of oil you put in?

I find the factory one is only good for 9.8litres. If I only put 9litres in then I have to use a longer dipstick. I save money on oil, but the cost of longer dipsticks offsets that somewhat.
        I used up my spare change on the watermelons before I heard that pineapples were cheaper. Have to go with the 9ltr dip stick

Comment

• amitasdhir
          • Aug 2013
          • Hornsby

What is the story with one side of the dipstick showing one level and other side shows different? I have had MX5 and Forester but never saw this before. is it a Pajero thing?
          My other vehicle - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p64KvHs5M6Y

NW 2011 3.2 DiD, Safari Snorkel, Bilstien and Lovells 2" lift, Warne WD 9000 Winch, Smartbar, Centre & Rear Diff Lock, Bushskinz Underbody guards, Lightforce Driving lights, Uniden UH7700 NB White CH5T Antenna, Continental Cross Contact 265/65/17/ Bridgestone Dueler D697 LT

Comment

• Bundyk
            Valued Member
            • Jan 2012
            • North Nowra

Hot and cold levels perhaps? Same as power steering etc
            Cheers, Bundy.

Currently: 2001 NM GLS MY2002 3.5 V6 Manual, Bullbar, GME TX3520, Falken Wildpeak A/T02 LT265/70/16, Pacemaker extractors, KYB Skorched 4's, Villain Lighting 22" lightbar, Bushskinz Front and sump guard, Pioneer 7" screen

Items to be fitted: ARB 2.5 x 2.1 awning.

Items to be purchased: Bushskinz- Gearbox/Transfer plates and sliders, Roof racks, Safari Snorkel, Lifted Springs, maybe more...

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X