• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheTaipan
    Banned
    • Jan 2009
    • sydney

Hilux from Thailand, Mercedes from Brazil and South Africa, Volkswagen Beetle shares the same platform as the Jetta and is built in Mexico.

Comment

• schnitzel
      Valued Member
      • Dec 2009
      • Bendigo

subaru BRZ

Australia's leading independent automotive news site. Comprehensive coverage of New Models, Recalls, Technology, Industry Research and Motor Shows.
      Current vehicles: 2017 Toyota Hilux, 2022 Hyundai Kona,2022 VW T-Cross1995 3.5l nj Pajero , 1995 2.8td Mitsubishi Delica,2011 , 2 x 1971 ta 22 celicas, 74 ta 22 celica, ke 35 corollla with 18rg, 95 gtr 1000, 79 leyland terrier bus ( 350 chev),1978 ke 35 corolla, 1980 ra 40 celica 18rgeu,2011 agricat jd495,chamberlain g6 plus a few other odds and ends

Comment

• dgrev
        • Sep 2010
        • Broken Hill

Originally posted by schnitzel View Post
        Thanks, I will have a read.

Regards
        Doug

Comment

• Mintox
          • Sep 2013
          • Western Australia

Originally posted by JRM View Post
          Thirdly maybe just being over pedantic but there are a lot of functions listed in the user manual (maintenance, trip data etc) that for some reason I am unable to access. Seems kind of silly to have a top of the range Pajero without full functionality of this.

All told though I really do like the vehicle quite alot and these are really minor complaints in the whole but it would be a better vehicle if they weren't there
          I have a sneaking suspicion that these missing functions are probably programmable in the unit. I too have the RCA jacks in my NW Platinum but no USB port. I suspect the usb port is actually on the back of the unit. It would be a matter of getting the cable and plugging it in. I'm going to pull my unit out to test my theory this weekend and see what I find.
          My12 NW Platinum DID Auto, ARB Delux Bar, RidgeRyder 12000LB winch, Rhino Roof Racks, Twin Rhino Jerry can holders, OffRoad Battery Tray + Yellow Top D34, OME suspension (Hvy duty front, medium duty rear), Poly airbags rear, Toyo 265/70/R17, GME TX3220 UHF, TJM snorkel, TJM sump and transmission bash plates, ARB compressor, KOR LED 80Watt driving lights, RedArc BCDC1220.

Comment

• Yclept
            Valued Member
            • Jan 2013
            • Sydney

Originally posted by JRM View Post
            I recently bought my first Pajero, its a MY13 exceed and while I like the MMCS for the most part, I have a couple of annoyances that I don't know if it is just me missing something or a shortcoming of the product.

First one is when you connect the ipod classic it takes forever to connect which I note above is a complaint by other posters. Is this likely something that can be easily fixed or likely to be fixed via updates?

Second one is the file limit in the SD card mode. I used a 32gb card and it only recognises roughly half of the files and tells me music file limit reached.
            I finally solved the 32GB limit with my iPod Classic. Just bought a new Mazda as our daily drive and got a Mazda iPod Bluetooth Audio Transmitter with it, that gets around the 32GB limit that is apparent in the Mazda as well - it must be a USB limitation as it takes the Mazda exactly seven minutes to talk to the iPod through USB just as it does in the Paj.

Tried it in the Paj and suddenly I can have my whole 60GB of music on the road. Who bloody ray. The missus is over the moon.

Expensive little bugger at $124 but after the frustration I have with the MMCS I was willing to pay. It has a 12 volt charger that plugs in the centre console to keep it pumped up as the Bluetooth rips into the iPod battery. You just open the console set some music going and slip it back in the console. You can also disconnect the cable and use it until the battery runs down. I suppose there is something cheaper out on the www but I'm happy with this one at the moment.

The other thing with the Mazda MMCS equivalent is that it uses TomTom for sat nav which means you sign up for the normal TomTom subscription at a reasonable price as opposed to the MMA ripoff and download updates from the www as necessary. It also means you get decent map graphics. About time MMA looked around and saw how some of the others are doing it - much better than them.

Cheers, Brett

2013 NW Pajero VRX - White - 3000kg Tow Kit - Sports Mesh Grille - Bonnet & Light Protectors/Weathershields - Thule Wingbar - Tyre Snake - Couplertec Electronic Rustproofing - Maxtrax Mk1 - Piranha Aux Battery Tray - Redarc 1240 Charger - ARB 47 Litre Fridge - MSA Fridge Drop Slide - Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier - ORS Drawers - ARB Deluxe Bullbar - GME TX3540 UHF & AE4703 Antenna - ARB Intensity Lights - ARB Onboard Compressor - Bilstein/Dobinsons Susp - Bushskinz x 4

Comment

• Yclept
              Valued Member
              • Jan 2013
              • Sydney

Another thing I forgot to mention is that the Mazda in dash TomTom does not have that damned annoying nag screen, it just goes straight into the map.

If Mazda can do it, then why do Mitsubishi carry on like it is something that has been carved in a stone tablet by god and cannot be changed without bringing forward the apocalypse???

Cheers, Brett

2013 NW Pajero VRX - White - 3000kg Tow Kit - Sports Mesh Grille - Bonnet & Light Protectors/Weathershields - Thule Wingbar - Tyre Snake - Couplertec Electronic Rustproofing - Maxtrax Mk1 - Piranha Aux Battery Tray - Redarc 1240 Charger - ARB 47 Litre Fridge - MSA Fridge Drop Slide - Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier - ORS Drawers - ARB Deluxe Bullbar - GME TX3540 UHF & AE4703 Antenna - ARB Intensity Lights - ARB Onboard Compressor - Bilstein/Dobinsons Susp - Bushskinz x 4

Comment

• Muzza
                Valued Member
                • Jul 2007
                • Nsw

Originally posted by Mintox View Post
                I have a sneaking suspicion that these missing functions are probably programmable in the unit. I too have the RCA jacks in my NW Platinum but no USB port. I suspect the usb port is actually on the back of the unit. It would be a matter of getting the cable and plugging it in. I'm going to pull my unit out to test my theory this weekend and see what I find.
                I looked at a New my14 pajero VRX the USB was next to the other plugs in the glove box, don't know about the rest of the unit as the vehicle had no interior light, no trip computer, no gps working, I suspect they had pulled fuses to stop the battery going flat, not a good way to sell a vehicles
                Muzza
                2014 NW VRX , Alloy ECB bar, Poly air bags, EGR fixed. EDS scan gauge, lockup mate.
                2003 NP DID GLS retired and gone to a good home
                2007 21' Lotus spirit caravan

LH Torana

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X