• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marknshaz
    • Jul 2015
    • Glenmore Park

will an NW nudge bar fit NX?

Hi All, we have recently bought a new NX Paj and love it so far, now starting to shop for aftermarket accessories.

I noticed a huge difference in price between the NW & NX nudge bars and was wondering if the NW bar fits the NX.

I have been told everything on the models are the same except for the new look grill, DRL & HL washers.

have the mountings been modified too or are the changes only cosmetic?
    2015 NX GLX Pajero.......Stock for now
  • KymJ
    • Aug 2015
    • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

I really don't know the answer but I found it interesting that I could get a dealer to fit one to a NW for $250. I figured they were getting rid of them because they didn't fit the NX.

Comment

• jimsutt
      • Jun 2012
      • Sydney

Originally posted by KymJ View Post
      I really don't know the answer but I found it interesting that I could get a dealer to fit one to a NW for $250. I figured they were getting rid of them because they didn't fit the NX.
      Dealers are getting rid of them and yes it will fit the NX, I have one on mine from a previous model. I fitted mine myself, not very difficult.

Comment

• DT6061
        • May 2015
        • Tea Gardens

Originally posted by jimsutt View Post
        Dealers are getting rid of them and yes it will fit the NX, I have one on mine from a previous model. I fitted mine myself, not very difficult.
        Dealer advised me NW bar would not fit NX hence different part numbers. When you say not difficult to fit did it require any modification?
        2015 NX GLS with stuff added

Comment

• jimsutt
          • Jun 2012
          • Sydney

Originally posted by DT6061 View Post
          Dealer advised me NW bar would not fit NX hence different part numbers. When you say not difficult to fit did it require any modification?
          Mine had different part number but still fitted with no modification. I think mine was earlier than NW but not sure I got mine through someone that worked for MMA.. If it didn't fit I was able to return it. Takes about 3 hours to fit as you have to remove top part of the grill. Took me that long as I was being very careful not to damage anything. Cheers jim. .

Comment

• DT6061
            • May 2015
            • Tea Gardens

Originally posted by jimsutt View Post
            Mine had different part number but still fitted with no modification. I think mine was earlier than NW but not sure I got mine through someone that worked for MMA.. If it didn't fit I was able to return it. Takes about 3 hours to fit as you have to remove top part of the grill. Took me that long as I was being very careful not to damage anything. Cheers jim. .
            Thanks Jimsutt.

Comment

• erad
              Valued Member
              • Mar 2015
              • Cooma NSW

Not sure, but maybe the different part number was part of the sales pitch. You would not feel right if you paid the dealer to fit a nudge bar and your new NX was fitted with a nudge bar for a NS model. My guess is that it will fit even going back that far. I fitted a genuine MM NS bullbar to my NW Pajero no problems at all. The bar had a label on it saying NS, but that fell off ages ago. I would be surprised if the NW nudge bar didn't fit your NX.

Comment

• DT6061
                • May 2015
                • Tea Gardens

Ok, thanks for the advice/info. I can get my hands on a NT nudge bar cheap but it doesn't have the mounting bolts. Apparently there are just 4 bolts, 2 at the top and 2 underneath. Can anyone verify this and tell me what type, size etc the bolts are or have pic of them please?

Comment

• erad
                  Valued Member
                  • Mar 2015
                  • Cooma NSW

Originally posted by DT6061 View Post
                  Ok, thanks for the advice/info. I can get my hands on a NT nudge bar cheap but it doesn't have the mounting bolts. Apparently there are just 4 bolts, 2 at the top and 2 underneath. Can anyone verify this and tell me what type, size etc the bolts are or have pic of them please?
                  Sorry, I cannot remember the bolt size, but the bullbar I bought was missing one bolt, so I had to buy one myself. From memory, they are 12 mm dia and about 70 mm long. There was a template supplied with the bar to drill the chassis, so check that you have that as well, because locating the hole will be difficult without it. You have to drill one hole only on each side, and it was a PITA to get at. I used a right angle drill with one of those stepped drill bits (starts at 6 mm, then steps up to 8, 10 12 etc. Only one side was difficult, the other was OK.

Comment

• msman
                    • Mar 2012
                    • melbourne

erad hes got a nudge which is really just cosmetic.

dt I will get the info just give me a few days have a new nudge sitting in the shed waiting for me to fit it.

Comment

• msman
                      • Mar 2012
                      • melbourne

also should come with a couple of other bits, 2 strap brackets and some spacers

Comment

• erad
                        Valued Member
                        • Mar 2015
                        • Cooma NSW

Originally posted by msman View Post

My genuine bullbar is not much more than cosmetic either! [OMG! Now I will have the MM demons after me]!

And yes, I forgot about the mounting brackets. They are the most important part of the package. They are thick and heavy and would be a pain to make up from scratch unless you had some to copy from.

Comment

• DT6061
                          • May 2015
                          • Tea Gardens

Originally posted by msman View Post

dt I will get the info just give me a few days have a new nudge sitting in the shed waiting for me to fit it.
                          Sweet, many thanks msman.

Comment

• msman
                            • Mar 2012
                            • melbourne

standard bolt are 8.8 grade
                            cup/coach head bolt is 4.6 grade

if you need more info on the brackets let me know and I will measure up but will take a few days.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• DT6061
                              • May 2015
                              • Tea Gardens

Thanks, great info. Cheers.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X