Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Bolted on bits, factory and aftermarket accessories

Bolted on bits, factory and aftermarket accessories Discussion of after-market extras: winches, bull bars, tow bars (and Towing), roof racks, snorkels, and other cool stuff

Old 11-02-16

Default DO35 Offroad Trailer Hitch

Anybody out there with one of these DO35 hitches on a Gen 4?

I have rented a TVan that has one, even with the spare lift, it appears that to hitch the trailer over the tapered pin is going to require reversing on with the rear door open and possibly on an angle.

Hopefully someone out there can help out.
2014 Black VRX NW Pajero - ARB Winch Bar, Dual Battery, Hayman Reese H/Duty Tow kit inc Electric Brake module, Engel 40L Fridge, Sunroof, Tint, Boo's Bash Plates, IPF Spotlights, Kings HD Springs & Bilstein shocks 2" Lift, 58L LRA Aux Fuel Tank, AOB Quad Breather kit, Fuel Manager 2u secondary fuel filter, 120amp Anderson outlet, Roo Systems RTT, GME TX3520W 80ch UHF,Stedi Fog/DRL, Redarc Pyro & Battery gauges, Western Filters Catch Can, 150W Solar Blanket, still in progress
Old 11-02-16
Valued Member

I hired a Tvan after Xmas that also had a DO35 Hitch. I don't have the spare wheel lift kit but had to change the receiver tongue that came with the trailer to my genuine Mitsubishi Tongue. I just swapped the pin into my tongue and I had no problem opening the rear door fully or connecting the trailer?

It was slightly nose down, but at least I could open the door.
I'd ask the hire place if they have some different receiver tongues to try or just swap it to the original MM receiver tongue if you have it?

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |
Old 12-02-16
Valued Member

I have one, i flip the std Mitsu tongue so it sits higher, i have a spare wheel lift but i also have a bigger tyre and it clears ok. I can open the door until it hits the camper.
Old 12-02-16

I also have one. Just flipped the Hayman Reece tongue so my all terrain Podtrailer sits level. Have no lift kit on the NS and no problems with opening the backdoor. Easy to hitch and unhitch even when out bush.

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Old 12-02-16

Thanks for the responses

The hirer was looking for 550mm to the tongue to get a level bed in the van.

I have some levelling ramps, so they maybe useful to take.

stevemc181, How did you find the TVan for fuel consumption, comfort, towing? Anything you would recommend?
2014 Black VRX NW Pajero - ARB Winch Bar, Dual Battery, Hayman Reese H/Duty Tow kit inc Electric Brake module, Engel 40L Fridge, Sunroof, Tint, Boo's Bash Plates, IPF Spotlights, Kings HD Springs & Bilstein shocks 2" Lift, 58L LRA Aux Fuel Tank, AOB Quad Breather kit, Fuel Manager 2u secondary fuel filter, 120amp Anderson outlet, Roo Systems RTT, GME TX3520W 80ch UHF,Stedi Fog/DRL, Redarc Pyro & Battery gauges, Western Filters Catch Can, 150W Solar Blanket, still in progress
Old 12-02-16
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallfry View Post
Thanks for the responses

The hirer was looking for 550mm to the tongue to get a level bed in the van.

I have some levelling ramps, so they maybe useful to take.

stevemc181, How did you find the TVan for fuel consumption, comfort, towing? Anything you would recommend?
I didn't record fuel use on this trip, but I loved the Tvan. We towed it along some pretty rough and closed in tracks and it performed extremely well. We rarely set up the tent and just threw the fly screen over the backdoor. All of about 2 minutes to set up. I didn't worry too much about a level bed, If we were pointing downhill, we just slept with our heads at the other end

I have a trip report up here about it: http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=50117

3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |
Old 12-02-16
Valued Member

Another happy DO35 user here, but again, I use the Mitsi tongue.
SOLD: 2013 DiD VRX, MM locker, Dueller 697s, ARB bull bar, Runva EWX9500-Q winch, full Bushskinz plates and sliders, Lovells/Bilsteins with PolyAirs, Airtec snorkel, Jonny Tig Front Mount Intercooler, Pacemaker 3" exhaust, RalliArt ECU, FuelManager diesel pre-filter, EGR block & catch can, BRC breathers, Hella 4000 HIDs, LED Light Bar, BCDC dual battery system, Tow Pro Elite brake controller, Couplertec, spare tyre lift, Whispbar roof racks.
Old 13-02-16
Valued Member

I am happy with my DO 35 mine is attached to my H/Reece hitch for towing the off road van I have no problems opening the back door but I do have the wheel lift kit and its certainly the best hitch I have found for connecting up even on undulating terrain I find it very easy to line up when using my reverse camera
Cheers
George

Wish List lots

SOLD 2013 GLX- R Pajero
Old 13-02-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemc181 View Post
I didn't record fuel use on this trip, but I loved the Tvan. We towed it along some pretty rough and closed in tracks and it performed extremely well. We rarely set up the tent and just threw the fly screen over the backdoor. All of about 2 minutes to set up. I didn't worry too much about a level bed, If we were pointing downhill, we just slept with our heads at the other end

I have a trip report up here about it: http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=50117
Great info, thanks

By the way how do you get the photo's to display large rather than a thumb nail?

Looking forward to my trip to Central Australia at the end of Summer
Old 13-02-16
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallfry View Post
Great info, thanks

By the way how do you get the photo's to display large rather than a thumb nail?

Looking forward to my trip to Central Australia at the end of Summer
I upload my pics to photo bucket and then just paste the link here. I've got photobuck set to only copy the image tag so it doesn't link back (This means the picture is not a clickable link) I've also got Photobucket set to display any linked pictures at 1024 x 768.

This tutorial may help if you aren't familiar with image hosting sites.
http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewto...p?f=23&t=31205