• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fatpants
    • May 2012
    • Brisbane

75K Service in Brisbane

Hi all

What are people generally paying for a 75k service.

Mitsubishi has quoted $690 which is excessive for a 'Minor' service, something mind you that they have dropped from all their servicing jargon. No such thing as a 'minor' service according to the lad I spoke to today.

Local service centres close to my work are around the $300 mark, but am I missing something as that is a major gap.

If anyone uses someone on Bris northside that they are happy with, please let me know.

Cheers
    Fatpants
    2010 NT Platinum (the ideas are there, just need to action them!)
    2006 Trackabout Offroad Deluxe Camper
    Wife, 2 children and dog, sometimes not in that order
  • TheTaipan
    Banned
    • Jan 2009
    • sydney

Originally posted by fatpants View Post
    Hi all

Mitsubishi has quoted $690 which is excessive for a 'Minor' service, something mind you that they have dropped from all their servicing jargon. No such thing as a 'minor' service according to the lad I spoke to today.

Local service centres close to my work are around the $300 mark, but am I missing something as that is a major gap.

If anyone uses someone on Bris northside that they are happy with, please let me know.

Cheers
    Fatpants

All you are missing is the MM Tax and the tick all boxes..

I supply my own oil as I buy it cheaper from Supercheap than my mechanic pays for it wholesale

Mechanic charges $170, that's to remove and fit bash plates and genuine oil filter.

Comment

• littleriver
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2013
      • Queensland

seems a bit excessive ...

Compare quotes from local auto service providers and book online! The easy way to search, compare and book auto experts reviewed by real customers. Book Now, Pay Later!

- the only thing I can see as an extra may be the brake-fluid change (2yrs/30000km)

*** You can click on the button right of page "See Service Inclusions" for what's done in the service ***
      2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• JFella
        • Feb 2009
        • Brisbane

Originally posted by fatpants View Post
        Hi all

Cheers
        Fatpants
        Motorcare at Albion is worth a try, not necessarily the cheapest (cheaper than MM) but he seems to know and care about what he is doing.

Last edited by JFella; 21-05-14, 04:54 PM. Reason: typo
        Cheers, J

NT RX 2009 3.2TD Manual Ironbark with the usual stuff

Comment

• JoshF
          Valued Member
          • Jan 2008
          • Brisbane

I also recommend Ron from Motorcare, he has been looking after me for 5+ years now
          NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
          Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/

Comment

• fatpants
            • May 2012
            • Brisbane

Cheers Guys. I will check it out.

Comment

• 11T.Co
              • Oct 2013
              • Brisbane

Any recommendation for a reliable service on the South-side?

Comment

• Trojan
                • Jan 2013
                • Coconuts

Originally posted by 11T.Co View Post
                Any recommendation for a reliable service on the South-side?
                Unless you're a long way south of the city Motorcare could still be an option for you.

They're in Albion which is inner-North. Adjacent to the Sandgate Rd exit off the ICB.
                Troy
                04 GLS DID Auto, Bilstein & Lovells 2 inch HD, Bushskinz I/C & Sump Guard, Pielli Scorpion ATR 265/70/R16 P, Pioneer AVH-X3500DAB 2DIN
                17 NX Exceed, Steel OEM Bar (Gone and not missed)

Comment

• 11T.Co
                  • Oct 2013
                  • Brisbane

Originally posted by Trojan View Post
                  Unless you're a long way south of the city Motorcare could still be an option for you.

They're in Albion which is inner-North. Adjacent to the Sandgate Rd exit off the ICB.
                  Thanks for the info; they're about 20kms from home so that's not too bad & I'll keep them in mind for my next service.

Comment

• Jamesy3000
                    • Apr 2012
                    • Kingaroy

Got my 75k service done last week at my local MM dealer, $380 all up. I'm only still going there as there's not much choice out here and at least it makes warranty claims a little easier. Still it's considerably cheaper than your quote of $690. Thats closer to what I paid for my 60k service, although they didn't do my valve adjustment like they said on the bill. Good luck and hope you find someone reputable.
                    2010 NT Pajero VRX - O/L 3 loop bullbar, Lightforce Striker 170, Oricom UHF, Lovells Raised Coils & Shocks with Polyair Air Bags, TBA HD towbar with Tekonsha Primus IQ brake controller, Maxxis MT-762 Bighorns, Bushskinz intercooler and sump guards, Rhino Track System, Tigerz11 roof basket, Flip N Easy Boat loader, bluetooth obd11 scanner, wireless reversing Camera, Navman MiVue 388 Crash Cam, SPVi EGR Mk3.1, Airtek Snorkel

Comment

• fatpants
                      • May 2012
                      • Brisbane

Booked in for Tuesday of next week. Super keen as I love that just serviced feeling when you drive out of the shop.

Spoke to Ron on the phone for a good 20 minutes, seemed really forthcoming and honest. Always nice to hear.

I will post up my findings/results next week

Cheers

Comment

• Trojan
                        • Jan 2013
                        • Coconuts

Careful, he doesn't mind a chat. Might take a while to get out of the place.

He's definitely passionate about his business.

Good luck.
                        Troy
                        04 GLS DID Auto, Bilstein & Lovells 2 inch HD, Bushskinz I/C & Sump Guard, Pielli Scorpion ATR 265/70/R16 P, Pioneer AVH-X3500DAB 2DIN
                        17 NX Exceed, Steel OEM Bar (Gone and not missed)

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X