• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Belli
    • Apr 2013
    • brisbane

Air Vents broken

Hey guys,

It might be just my paj but the majority of my air vents have their control knob broken. I can adjust the air flow up and down but the little bar that moves the inner fins keft and right have mostly all snapped in half. Im not rough with them but im at a loss.

Seems light plastic hardens then breaks. Does anyone have a good fix for this? The bar seems thin and im not sure how glue would go...

Cheers Nate
    NS exceed, EFS suspension, air bags, egr block, Bushskinz intercooler guard, sump guard and transmission guard,T2 upgraded brakes, Tekonsha brake controller, electronic rust controller, Anderson plug, Dunlop AT3G, oricom 300 uhf, rfi cd900 raised feed antenna, rhino racks, Roof top rack, smartbar, rear bumper protection
  • vladguan
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2015
    • Adelaide

Originally posted by Belli View Post
    Hey guys,

It might be just my paj but the majority of my air vents have their control knob broken. I can adjust the air flow up and down but the little bar that moves the inner fins keft and right have mostly all snapped in half. Im not rough with them but im at a loss.

Seems light plastic hardens then breaks. Does anyone have a good fix for this? The bar seems thin and im not sure how glue would go...

Cheers Nate
    Just get a set from wreckers. As for glue, it depends on what type of plastic is used. PP or PE will require priming. You can get the Selleys plastics super glue and give them yet. They comes with a primer pen and a super glue tube. I have had mixed success with them.
    Please call me Vlad.
    -----------------------
    MY15 NX GLS - SPV EGR; Donaldson filter; Front sensors; Compass; DEI506T and DEI507M; LED interior and exterior lights; Blue LED step lights; 3T tow bar; 20% front & clear tint over privacy windows; Chrome handle protectors; 3x Bushskinz guards; Nudge bar; Hella Sharptones; Dual alarm horns; STEDI lightbar; TC mod loom; Paddles; ProVent 200; Dobinsons springs and MRR shocks; Bonnet struts; OCAM awning; Rear work light; Air compressor. TBD - UHF.

Comment

• erad
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2015
      • Cooma NSW

A bit of bastardry here but have you considered positioning the broken bits back on and drilling through both the broken bit and the root part of the orginal lever, and pinning it in place before you glue it? A fine drill and a 16 mm nail would would work well, and if you are clever no-one will even see it. This way, the repair is much stronger that a straight glue job.

Comment

• Belli
        • Apr 2013
        • brisbane

Originally posted by erad View Post
        A bit of bastardry here but have you considered positioning the broken bits back on and drilling through both the broken bit and the root part of the orginal lever, and pinning it in place before you glue it? A fine drill and a 16 mm nail would would work well, and if you are clever no-one will even see it. This way, the repair is much stronger that a straight glue job.
        Not a bad idea, just looks so fiddly! both my front vents broken and a rear one high on the roof line. Right pain in the ass Oh well ill give that fix a try what the hell got nothing to lose

Cheers
        NS exceed, EFS suspension, air bags, egr block, Bushskinz intercooler guard, sump guard and transmission guard,T2 upgraded brakes, Tekonsha brake controller, electronic rust controller, Anderson plug, Dunlop AT3G, oricom 300 uhf, rfi cd900 raised feed antenna, rhino racks, Roof top rack, smartbar, rear bumper protection

Comment

• vrx26
          • Sep 2014
          • Melbourne, Victoria

Broke my vents too found a seĺller in ebay. He was actually selling the nav unit on NX Pajero and inquire about the vents. Got it for 120$ both centre vents. Fits perfectly on the NT a bit more bling for my dash too.
          Attached Files
          09 NT Pajero Exceed V6 (OEM Nudge bar, Bonnet Protectors+Headlight Protectors, Stedi light bar, IDrive throttle controller, Lifted with Dobinson IMS Suspension)
          Bucket list: Bushkinz plates

Comment

• MSF
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2009
            • Sydney, Northern Beaches

Ours were replaced under warranty. Both broke. Certainly not rough with them.

Comment

• bundyjr
              • Sep 2012
              • brisbane

hit the wreckers and hit the anything late model Mitsubishi.
              Reason i say this i recently brought and wrecked out 2 vrx 380's
              turns out the drivers side nearest the door is exactly the same as whats in my
              mk triton. only discovered this as mine where broken. same deal with passenger side also.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X