Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

Warning To ALL forum Members: If you see this it's not us..

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gus
    Administrator
    • Mar 2008
    • Traralgon. Vic

Warning To ALL forum Members: If you see this it's not us..

To all Forum members it's come to our attention that we have the following link attached intermittently:

Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Search Forums Search Results

The way it attaches means that any post you click on will take you to the below PAJEROCLUB.COM ... DO not register on it but please let us know on this thread if it happens to you.

You will notice when you hit "New Posts" at the top of page you will notice Search Results has a Red Line under it.. other ways that have also come to our attention is in a post a member has done two words are joined together & again have a Red Line under them..

We have not been able to see this ourselves at this stage & believe it may well in fact be a virus that can attached to some users computers. So at this stage we ask that 1/ you clear your cookies 2/ let us know.

Gus.

PAJEROCLUB.COM

You Selected This Offer

PrizeKing Mobile Content Service
    Unlimited Wallpapers, Ringtones, Videos & Celebrity Gossip!
    Weekly Auctions & Prize Giveaways!
    HELP? Call 1300 354 411
    STOP? SMS STOP to 19751975

Confirm Your Mobile Number Below

Mobile Number: 04 IN this spot is a registration I have removed so no one hits by mistake.

Subscribe for 3 msgs, $15.00/week+$10.00 join. 25c/msg sent. Stop? SMS Stop to 19751975

Summary Terms: This promotion is opened to Australian residents who are at least 18 years old at the time of entry. The promotion commences at 12:01am (AEST) on 01/07/2012 and closes at 11:59pm (AEST) on 31/12/2012. Promotion will be drawn on the 1st day of each month at 10:00 AM AEST on 01/08/2012, 01/09/2012, 01/10/2012, 01/11/2012, 01/12/2012, 01/01/2013. Each month, one subscriber will win either 1 x Apple iPad 2, 1 x Apple MacBook Pro or 1 x $500 Universal Visa Gift Card. Total maximum prize value is up to $2500. Apple, MacBook Pro, iPad 2 and Visa are registered trademarks of their associated owners. Apple & Visa are not a sponsor of, nor a partner in this promotion. The prize will be distributed by the promoter within 15 days of contacting the winner. Winners will be published on removed link here within 2 days of contacting the winner. See full Terms and Conditions for details of this promotion.By signing up for this service and replying with 'YES' to the confirmation message sent to your mobile handset, you acknowledge that you are subscribing to our service. By opting in, you agree to joining a subscription service charged at $15.00 per week + $10.00 join. Carriage fee or data charges may apply. Your phone handset must be WAP/GPRS enabled to receive weekly products menus. You agree to receive occasional promotional messages. Send 'nomarketing' to 19751975 to opt out of marketing system. You may stop this subscription service at any time by sending a text message with STOP, to 19751975 or by calling the Helpline number 1300 354 411. You must be the owner of this device and either be at least 18 years old or have the permission of your parent or guardian.removed link here
    VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
    NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals
  • Cormac
    • Jul 2012
    • Sydney

Cheers for the heads up
    Cormac
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    1992 NH 3.0 Manual
    few months old, Tough Dog shocks, GQ Coils in the rear, Torsion Bar wound, Maxxis bighorn 32" 764....
    Sales Manager Sydney City Mitsubishi
    Member of Triple Diamond 4WDClub NSW
    ~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

• Gus
      Administrator
      • Mar 2008
      • Traralgon. Vic

Webmaster is on to it..

Hi all, our Webmaster is on to it for us..
      If anyone sees the problem please let us know here or PM me..

Thanks,

Gus.

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• Wrex
        Valued Member
        • Aug 2007
        • Perth

It occurred on my computer on a couple of other forums as well as this one. My I.T nerd brother got rid of the Malware virus on my computer. It is not the forums fault.
        Run Malwarebytes and Spybot will get rid of 99% of issues.

Comment

• Gus
          Administrator
          • Mar 2008
          • Traralgon. Vic

Originally posted by Wrex View Post
          It occurred on my computer on a couple of other forums as well as this one. My I.T nerd brother got rid of the Malware virus on my computer. It is not the forums fault.
          Run Malwarebytes and Spybot will get rid of 99% of issues.
          Thanks Wrex we are thinking this will be the case, our webmaster was saying a trojan virus was going around a while back affecting certain URLs & not others..

So as Wrex has said run your anti virus programs..
          I'll also keep you up to date with what/if our Webmaster finds.

Gus.

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• dimmo
            • Mar 2011
            • Radelaide

You should be emailing this to all forum members, or making a prominent link to it on the header of every page.
            I'd guess that only a small fraction of members venture into this subforum, and so it wouldn't be seen by many people at all.

Originally posted by Gus View Post
            To all Forum members it's come to our attention that we have the following link attached intermittently:

Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Search Forums Search Results

The way it attaches means that any post you click on will take you to the below PAJEROCLUB.COM ... DO not register on it but please let us know on this thread if it happens to you.

You will notice when you hit "New Posts" at the top of page you will notice Search Results has a Red Line under it.. other ways that have also come to our attention is in a post a member has done two words are joined together & again have a Red Line under them..

We have not been able to see this ourselves at this stage & believe it may well in fact be a virus that can attached to some users computers. So at this stage we ask that 1/ you clear your cookies 2/ let us know.

Gus.

PAJEROCLUB.COM

You Selected This Offer

PrizeKing Mobile Content Service
            Unlimited Wallpapers, Ringtones, Videos & Celebrity Gossip!
            Weekly Auctions & Prize Giveaways!
            HELP? Call 1300 354 411
            STOP? SMS STOP to 19751975

Confirm Your Mobile Number Below

Mobile Number: 04 IN this spot is a registration I have removed so no one hits by mistake.

Subscribe for 3 msgs, $15.00/week+$10.00 join. 25c/msg sent. Stop? SMS Stop to 19751975

Summary Terms: This promotion is opened to Australian residents who are at least 18 years old at the time of entry. The promotion commences at 12:01am (AEST) on 01/07/2012 and closes at 11:59pm (AEST) on 31/12/2012. Promotion will be drawn on the 1st day of each month at 10:00 AM AEST on 01/08/2012, 01/09/2012, 01/10/2012, 01/11/2012, 01/12/2012, 01/01/2013. Each month, one subscriber will win either 1 x Apple iPad 2, 1 x Apple MacBook Pro or 1 x $500 Universal Visa Gift Card. Total maximum prize value is up to $2500. Apple, MacBook Pro, iPad 2 and Visa are registered trademarks of their associated owners. Apple & Visa are not a sponsor of, nor a partner in this promotion. The prize will be distributed by the promoter within 15 days of contacting the winner. Winners will be published on removed link here within 2 days of contacting the winner. See full Terms and Conditions for details of this promotion.By signing up for this service and replying with 'YES' to the confirmation message sent to your mobile handset, you acknowledge that you are subscribing to our service. By opting in, you agree to joining a subscription service charged at $15.00 per week + $10.00 join. Carriage fee or data charges may apply. Your phone handset must be WAP/GPRS enabled to receive weekly products menus. You agree to receive occasional promotional messages. Send 'nomarketing' to 19751975 to opt out of marketing system. You may stop this subscription service at any time by sending a text message with STOP, to 19751975 or by calling the Helpline number 1300 354 411. You must be the owner of this device and either be at least 18 years old or have the permission of your parent or guardian.removed link here

Comment

• Gus
              Administrator
              • Mar 2008
              • Traralgon. Vic

Originally posted by dimmo View Post
              You should be emailing this to all forum members, or making a prominent link to it on the header of every page.
              I'd guess that only a small fraction of members venture into this subforum, and so it wouldn't be seen by many people at all.
              G'day dimmo, we will not being doing as you suggest mate, most members will on logging on hit "New Posts" so will see as it is We have had 150 odd views.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Gus.

PS. If we determine that it's forum based we will indeed notify all as a matter of course, at this stage we believe it's a Trojan virus & not forum based.

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• Gus
                Administrator
                • Mar 2008
                • Traralgon. Vic

Just received email from Webmaster. He stated that at this stage nothing shows it's forum based & is sure that as Wrex posted, if you see it run a spyware/anti-virus program on your computer.. again our Webmaster is still keeping an eye on this..

Gus

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• Pauly Faulkner
                  Valued Member
                  • Feb 2012
                  • Maitland, NSW

Sounds like adware to me, do as Wrex suggests and also download the hosts file ad blocker from winhelp unzip it and run the .bat file as administrator and restart your PC, this will block 90% off ad servers ip addresses
                  97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
                  97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X