• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pickle
    Administrator
    • Jun 2007
    • All over Oz

Controversial threads....no more!

If it is gone well I probably deleted it.
    Lately we have been having a run of shall we say posts that are really not relevant to this forum. Topics that are normally found on other forums seem to be making there way here and being in a sense a brand specific forum I don't think we need to have heated discussions on everyday matters in the world. Me and Gus have probably talked more over the last few weeks regarding some threads than we have ever had to in the last year. This forum is one of the better forums for 4 wheel drives, and in saying that it has some fantastic people who really donate the time to make worthy comments and help newbies along with their quiries. Do we need it tainted by threads that are either politically inclined or just someone else posting about their bad day at the office. Plenty of other forums around to post that stuff on and get bites from other members to start arguements.
    We have Gold Class, if your inclined to post something out of the ordinary and it could possibly cause a stir well then that is where it can go. At least the public wont see it.
    So from now on if me or Gus thinks it is not in this forum spirit with your posts, simply it will be deleted and you will be sent a PM directing you to this post.
    On the better side the forum will be doing some things later this year in regard to milestones. Won't say too much at this stage but some interesting things developing.
    Dave
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club
  • Faereag
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2009
    • Aberfoyle Park, SA

Wholly supported from my point guys. It is a pleasure to deal with the members of this forum, but I have noted the odd thread that has crept in that is not in keeping with that spirit.

It would be a sad day if we loose that spirit.
    Regards

Rory

2010 NT DID Auto Platinum. ARB Bar; 12000lb winch; Light-force 240 spotlights; Bushskinz plates; dual battery with upgraded wiring; Diff breathers; ECU re-tune; 3" exhaust Toyo AT11's; Ultra-gauge and OBD11 dongle; Garmin 52LM; Icom UHF; Craig Davies transmission cooler with fan; raised EHD Lovells coils; Mann & Hummel Catch Can; Bilstein B6's; Firestone airbags; Tekonsha P3 controller; towball capacity 300KG; GVM 3110KG. Sunland Patriot SE van with a few other mods.

Comment

• xrrob
      • May 2011
      • Abermain NSW

As i'm new to this forum, but belong to a few others and i'm glade you have made this decision. Good job.

Cheers Rob
      3.0L 97NK SWB. 2"Body Lift,Front & Rear ARB Air Lockers, ARB Air Compressor,Front & Rear Diff Breathers Under Bonnet, Aisin Free Wheeling Hubs, ARB Steel Winch Bar & 9500lbs Winch, Tyres 265/75 R16 BF Goodrich Mud T/A KM2, UHF, 2" Suspension lift,Koni Adjustable Shocks,Lovells Coil Springs,New Torsion Bars,PolyAir Bags, Tinted Windows, Snorkel,Rock Sliders with Side Rails, Piranha DBE180S Dual BatterySystem,Drifta Rear Draws Installed, 27 Watt LED Rear Light, LightForce Genesis,32"LED Light Bar.

Comment

• Traveller43
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2011
        • Perth, WA

Originally posted by xrrob View Post
        As i'm new to this forum, but belong to a few others and i'm glade you have made this decision. Good job.

Cheers Rob
        I fully agree with Rob and support the decision you have made Pickle.

I reviewed several forums before joining this one and I find the quality of support and advice given here is far better than my experience elsewhere.

This forum knows what it is on about and people freely give their time to help others improve the quality of their 4WD experience. I would hate to see that diluted by the intrusion of off topic threads.

Keep up the great work.

John
        Cheers

John

2010 MY11 NT RX Diesel Turbo: Smart Bar, Bush Skinz Bash Plates, Bush Skinz rock sliders, Ironman side awning, Cibie driving lights, rear LED work/reversing light, Black widow rear drawers, 2nd battery, UHF, cargo barrier, Airtec snorkel, Bilstein shocks, King Springs, poly airs, air compressor, Hankook RF10 265/65R18s, Rhino aero bars

Wish list: Rear diff locker, long range tank, 48L water tank in rear seat well, 3" exhaust, Rhino roof basket

Comment

• peterdeg
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2007
          • NW Sydney

This is one of the politest forums on the net I belong to.
          More than happy for you two to keep it that way.
          Peter
          2018 QE Pajero Sport Exceed.

4WD History: 2011 MN Triton GLX-R. 2004 NP GLS DiD. 2002 Freelander Td4. 1996 Subaru DL. Learnt in a 1980 Ford F100.

Comment

• Bing
            Valued Member
            • Sep 2009
            • Currently QLD

For a Internet forum the quality and decorum is amazing. Any moves to enhance that get my vote.
            2010 Platinum LE. Cool Silver, Auto, DiD, MM Rear Difflock. HD MM Tow bar and Lift Kit. Buzz Racks.

Comment

• road rat
              • Dec 2010
              • Geelong, Vic

Originally posted by Bing View Post
              For a Internet forum the quality and decorum is amazing. Any moves to enhance that get my vote.
              what he said x2
              92 NH ARB rear air locker, safari snorkel, TJM alloy bull bar with 9500 pound winch, TJM side steps, 32" wheels, 3ltr v6, indash 7" gps dvd player running of road maps
              soon to come. 80 channel uhf radio, front locker, 3.8 ltr supercharged V6 out of a 2002 VX commadore

Comment

• Gus
                Administrator
                • Mar 2008
                • Traralgon. Vic

Great to see you guys agree with what Dave & I have decided..
                This is a great forum & we will be making sure it stays that way...

Gus.
                VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
                NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• amr75wcr
                  Valued Member
                  • Dec 2009
                  • Sunny Coast

I will drink to that as well
                  04 NP DID GLX ARB Steel Bullbar 2" ARB/King Springs, Billies, Warn Winch, Rhino Track Mount Racks, Rola Basket, Rallye 4000 HID, UHF, Reverse camera, Custom Console, Fridge Slide and Rear Door Table, DVD Screen, 40lt Engel, Dual Battery Sytem with Auto Isolator, Cargo Barrier, polaris gps, Sat Phone, BFG A/Ts, Foxwing awning, ARB Locker, Bush Skinz sliders $ inter plate, 3" exhaust chip, custom bar & twin tyres

And a PB Challenger with a list if goodies getting as long as the Paj

Comment

• Goodsy
                    Who ya gunna call....
                    • Dec 2010
                    • Hervey Bay

Originally posted by Gus View Post
                    Great to see you guys agree with what Dave & I have decided..
                    Gus.
                    Hold on a minute I've been away all weekend and I didn't agree to anything. You could have at least called.

BTW Great job guys.

Might head over to Overlander to stir the pot.
                    Last edited by Goodsy; 24-07-11, 07:24 PM. Reason: Gus told me too.
                    .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
                    NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

• Pickle
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2007
                      • All over Oz

Originally posted by Goodsy View Post
                      Hold on a minute I've been away all weekend and I didn't agree to anything. You could have at least called.

BTW Great job guys.

Might head over to Overlander to stir the pot.
                      Overlander Might have to put in for being a mod over there as well, keep an eye on you

Dave
                      NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                      Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• bakerboy
                        "valued 3000+ member"
                        • May 2008
                        • Perth

Oi! No conversation
                        If I agreed with you, then we would both be wrong

'89 NG Paj, 3L V6, now running 2" suspension lift, 33" Micky T Baja Claws's, Front LOKKA & 12,000lb winch

Comment

• Gus
                          Administrator
                          • Mar 2008
                          • Traralgon. Vic

Originally posted by Goodsy View Post

What makes you think we would have taken notice...

BTW Great job guys.
                          now that my get noticed!
                          Gus.
                          VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
                          NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• my.paj
                            • Dec 2010
                            • Tullamarine

I'm Happy to just chat about the cars we drive and what we do with them and help where I can, keep it up.
                            Rick
                            Old, NP Exceed 3.5 petrol, ARB Bull bar, Warn winch, Bush Skinz Bash plates ,2inch lift, Safari Snorkel. ***Now Sold***
                            New, RG Colorado Dual Cab Tray

Comment

• Stevie-Ray
                              Valued Member
                              • Jun 2009
                              • Peakhurst, Sydney

Originally posted by peterdeg View Post
                              This is one of the politest forums on the net I belong to.
                              More than happy for you two to keep it that way.
                              Originally posted by Bing View Post
                              Honestly think that's just a reflection of the type of people who own & drive Pajeros!

Steve
                              Steve

Runner-Paj; '95 NJ SWB 2.5L TD GL J-Top, low kms Project-Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, also low kms. Donor Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, with some parts & goodies to go onto other GLS.
                              "I try to take life one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me all at once!"

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X