• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wyld
    • Jun 2017
    • Wagga Wagga

wheel alignment on a new vehicle

Hey all,

Having to take my nx back for 15k service. Looked at it last week and had to spend 50 bucks as all wheels were out of alignment from purchase. The Two fronts are stuffed, completely scrubbed on the driver inside and scalloped on passenger.

Been told it's now unroadworthy. Check after your dealer services it because I found out last week mine doesn't even have wheel alignment equipment, everything should be checked before giving it to a customer yeah.

So annoyed. 15k and basically four stuffed wheels.
    Last edited by Wyld; 28-02-18, 07:24 AM.
    MY2017 Exceed, Ironman 9500 winch, GME UHF, BOO's Bash Plates, Ironman Light Bar, Ironman premium Bullbar, Redarc tow pro, dual battery system with Ironman 40A dc to dc charger
  • pauld
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2010
    • Melbourne

$50 is usually the price for a front wheel alignmen only, was the back done? Many tyre places don’t appreciate the need to do a 4 wheel alignment on a Pajero and/or don’t know how to do it correctly.
    2015 NX, ARB Bullbar, Bilstein / Lovells HD Front and Kings SP Rear, Polyairs, 17" NP Exceed wheels, D697 LT265/65/17, STEDI Cree 24" 120Watt light bar, Tracklander 2100 Roof Cage, Bushskinz side steps and bash plates, 200AH of Batts under rear floor via Redarc 40 Amp, cargo barrier with custom rear shelf up high, TC mod, EGR mod, catch can, iPhone4 with OBD app, USB ports in all 3 rows, custom storage in rear passenger guard.

Comment

• spot01
      Valued Member
      • Apr 2011
      • Adelaide

A couple of thoughts:
      Was it aligned after all that weight was added to the front? Did the dealer add the extras or were they added after delivery?
      Was the suspension upgraded to carry the weight and/or for towing?
      Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• littleriver
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2013
        • Queensland

Originally posted by Wyld View Post
        Hey all,

Having to take my nx back for 15k service. Looked at it last week and had to spend 50 bucks as all wheels were out of alignment from purchase. The Two fronts are stuffed, completely scrubbed on the driver inside and scalloped on passenger.

Been told it's now unroadworthy. Check after your dealer services it because I found out last week mine doesn't even have wheel alignment equipment, everything should be checked before giving it to a customer yeah.

From purchase you mentioned ... it's a part of Predelivery Inspection (an alignment check) ...
        would hit them up for a new set of tyres ...

like above have you had a lift or any suspension done ?

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• slowcoach
          • Apr 2014
          • SA but travelling around Oz

Slack, I would be annoyed too as its only fair to expect new xcars to be balanced & aligned..
          Really they should reshoe your Paj for you

My local dealer out sources wheel alignments
          They take the vehicle over there and wait then bring the vehicle back to dealership.
          I suspect most do similar.
          TJM snorkel, Smartbar, Firestone air bags, SPV mod, Thumper Redback Extreme agm, Donaldson fuel filter, Bridgestone LT 697 AT, McHitch tow hitch 3.5t, Redarc 2550 bc-dc.

Comment

• MTN-KAT
            Valued Member
            • Jun 2009
            • Gold Coast

Originally posted by slowcoach View Post
            Slack, I would be annoyed too as its only fair to expect new xcars to be balanced & aligned..
            Really they should reshoe your Paj for you......
            well, he has got 15k out of them so a pro rata replacement would not be unreasonable. That is, he only pays for an agreed value for 15k use. Oh, and he should get a free four wheel alignment which it appears was not done before delivery, whether in Nipponland or Aus.
            99 NL Escape 3.5L V6 LWB Wagon, "Aisin Auto", MM Alum Protector Bar, MM factory 'steel' underbody protector plates, Engine oil cooler, Transmission oil cooler, Side rails, Flares, MM Alloy wheels, HANKOOK Dynapro ATM LT tyres, Aftermarket Alarm, MM A.I.S. HPR15 Penrite engine oil. Penrite LS140 diff oil with 250ml LIMSLIP additive 7098.

Comment

• littleriver
              Valued Member
              • Jan 2013
              • Queensland

Originally posted by MTN-KAT View Post
              well, he has got 15k out of them so a pro rata replacement would not be unreasonable. That is, he only pays for an agreed value for 15k use. Oh, and he should get a free four wheel alignment which it appears was not done before delivery, whether in Nipponland or Aus.
              Goodwill / good faith. . Regardless of 15k km .. 4 new tyres is due ... seriously .. I wonder what actual law is there on road worthy with wheels out of alignment. . Is that a safe vehicle ? .. not to mention the stress on the steering components. . All to be noted for future warranty .. ...

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• hichamaziz
                • Feb 2018
                • casa

thank you all members for help

Comment

• GHendo
                  Valued Member
                  • Mar 2012
                  • Northern NSW

I had a very similar thing happen when I bought my NP new in 2003. When the tyres scrubbed out I had a go at the dealer about the alignment and they maintained a wheel alignment wasn’t part of the pre-delivery service – which sounded like bull***t to me. That dealer went broke about 12 months after that, so I think that says something.

Geoff
                  03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• erad
                    Valued Member
                    • Mar 2015
                    • Cooma NSW

Years ago, we bought a new Sigma. Right from new, it pulled strongly to the left (so much for their pre-delivery service). I immediately reported it and they said alignment was not part of the warranty. I reminded them about pre-delivery, so they backed down. When I went to pick it up, they said that they had fixed it, but it was now pulling strongly to the right. Problem tuned out to be tyre size - the tyres had nominally the same size but one tyre was 10 mm wider than the other!

They were Dunlop tyres, and the local tyre store told me about how they made the tyres. They were checked for lateral and radial runout, and any tyres which were out of tolerance were sprayed with a dot of yellow paint and diverted to a reject bin. They then buffed the tyres until either they were in tolerance or they were dumped. He offered to get the Dunlop rep to look at the tyre for me, so we got the brand new spare out from the rear of the car. TaDah! It had a yellow spot in the centre of the tread. He measured the tread depth and in one local spot, it was 2 mm less than the rest of the tread. That tyre was very hard to balance as well (because the steel belt was not properly centered). So much for quality control... Dunlop offered to replace all the tyres, but the price they offered was so abysmal, it was cheaper for me to keep them and wear them out. Naturally I have never bought another Dunlop tyre since then, although our new Outlander has Dunlops and apart from being very noisy, they look like lasting over 100000 km, but I doubt that I will replace then with new Dunlops.

Comment

• Merts
                      Valued Member
                      • Nov 2011
                      • Bendigo Vic

Originally posted by Wyld View Post
                      Hey all,

Spot01 asked a pretty relevant question, which you haven't answered.

Did the dealer do your barwork and other mods, or was it done after delivery?
                      Last edited by Merts; 07-03-18, 12:25 PM.
                      Merts
                      Impulse Blue 2015 MQ Triton GLS Auto

ARB Summit front & rear bars and side steps, Carryboy canopy and rack, Safari Snorkel, VRS 9500 winch, Gecko 16x7 rims with BFG 245/75r16 KM3s, Uniden 8080s UHF, Darche 270 awning
                      Dobinson heavy duty suspension, Harrop rear Elocker, Supertrim Neoprene Seat Covers, Drifta drawers, MSA drop slide, dual battery system and ARB onboard compressor. National Campers Hermit.

Previously a Gunmetal 2007 NS VRX DiD Auto

Comment

• Merts
                        Valued Member
                        • Nov 2011
                        • Bendigo Vic

Originally posted by MTN-KAT View Post
                        It has aftermarket bulbar, winch, dual battery, and bash plates.
                        Whether it was aligned properly in Japan prior to shipping isn't really relevant.
                        It needed to be realigned after all that work was done.
                        Merts
                        Impulse Blue 2015 MQ Triton GLS Auto

ARB Summit front & rear bars and side steps, Carryboy canopy and rack, Safari Snorkel, VRS 9500 winch, Gecko 16x7 rims with BFG 245/75r16 KM3s, Uniden 8080s UHF, Darche 270 awning
                        Dobinson heavy duty suspension, Harrop rear Elocker, Supertrim Neoprene Seat Covers, Drifta drawers, MSA drop slide, dual battery system and ARB onboard compressor. National Campers Hermit.

Previously a Gunmetal 2007 NS VRX DiD Auto

Comment

• Travel Tragic
                          • Nov 2017
                          • Central Coast NSW

Wheel alignment from the factory?

I bought a new Triton 3 years ago, when I put it in for 1500 free service I mentioned the wheel alignment felt out. They checked it and said everything was fine. I still wasn't happy and had my own trusted mechanic check it and he noted that it was well out. Was a different car to drive after he fixed it.It was absolutely standard other than a tow bar. So much for factory alignments.
                          2017 NX Second Battery, Redarc DcDc Charger, Factory towbar, Redarc Brake Contoller. Otherwise standard

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X