• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pajeromack
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2014
    • NSW

With such a price advantage and a very capable well-engineered package, I'm honestly surprised that the PS hasn't taken a larger market share. It is a fantastic platform, powered by a decent engine and great 4WD system. And it undercuts the Prado by nearly 15k. It should sell itself.

I blame the atrocious rear styling and delay in getting 7 seats. Small fuel tank doesn't help. Neither do the oversized 18" rims. Still a very good product but Mitsubishi always seems to miss the mark on the details.

Toyota has misses too. The side-folding rear seat setup in the Fortuner is terrible, and the lack of a centre differential is just cheap

But in terms of a well sorted package, the new Prado GXL ($63k + ORC) with 3t towing, standard rear differential lock and 150L fuel tank shows that Toyota continues to have their finger on the pulse. This is the winning combination and they know it. They lead in service costs too.

Comment

• Jizza
      • May 2016
      • Adelaide

Originally posted by pajeromack View Post
      With such a price advantage and a very capable well-engineered package, I'm honestly surprised that the PS hasn't taken a larger market share. It is a fantastic platform, powered by a decent engine and great 4WD system. And it undercuts the Prado by nearly 15k. It should sell itself.

I blame the atrocious rear styling and delay in getting 7 seats. Small fuel tank doesn't help. Neither do the oversized 18" rims. Still a very good product but Mitsubishi always seems to miss the mark on the details.

Toyota has misses too. The side-folding rear seat setup in the Fortuner is terrible, and the lack of a centre differential is just cheap

But in terms of a well sorted package, the new Prado GXL ($63k + ORC) with 3t towing, standard rear differential lock and 150L fuel tank shows that Toyota continues to have their finger on the pulse. This is the winning combination and they know it. They lead in service costs too.
      The rear of a PS looks great, and a hell of alot better looking than the front of a Fortuner

Comment

• littleriver
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2013
        • Queensland

maybe late this yr or into the next yr would be great of Mitsubishi to put a bigger fuel tank in ...
        a 17inch wheel version (with A/Ts) - then the PS will tick all the boxes ... (cargo area is still ahead of the rest ) ...

As for the servicing Toyota still has the 6 monthly service on their vehicles (guess that's the similar $$$ value then to the PS ? but a little inconvenient ) ...

NB Toyota only has 3 yrs Warranty / 100k km

Last edited by littleriver; 23-02-18, 03:49 PM.
        2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• pajeromack
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2014
          • NSW

Originally posted by littleriver View Post
          maybe late this yr or into the next yr would be great of Mitsubishi to put a bigger fuel tank in ...
          a 17inch wheel version (with A/Ts) - then the PS will tick all the boxes ... (cargo area is still ahead of the rest ) ...

As for the servicing Toyota still has the 6 monthly service on their vehicles (guess that's the similar $$$ value then to the PS ? but a little inconvenient ) ...

NB Toyota only has 3 yrs Warranty / 100k km

Yeah the six monthly services is a annoying Toyota thing. With capped pricing servicing ($240) its still cheaper than the PS though. FWIW I do 20k km per annum so i'll probably be there twice a year regardless

I agree the short warranty is insulting on a $65k vehicle.

It would be good to see Mitsubishi tick all the boxes.
          Last edited by pajeromack; 23-02-18, 04:17 PM.

Comment

• littleriver
            Valued Member
            • Jan 2013
            • Queensland

Yeah the six monthly services is a annoying Toyota thing. With capped pricing servicing ($240) its still cheaper than the PS though. FWIW I do 20 km per annum so i'll probably be there twice a year regardless

I agree the short warranty is insulting on a $65k vehicle.

It would be good to see Mitsubishi tick all the boxes.

Pajero Sport $1350

Toyota Prado and Fortuner $240 @ 6monthly ($480 pa) x3 yrs = $1440

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• pajeromack
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2014
              • NSW

Thanks for clarifying that. I was going off the numbers from my Challenger. I didn't realise that they had reduced the service costs.

Bear in mind that the Mitsubishi capped price service now ends at 45,000km. Toyota will be cheaper over the 60,000km period.

Worrying to see that Mitsubishi has reduced the length of the capped price coverage however. I wonder what the 60,000 km service would be on the Pajero Sport.

Comment

• littleriver
                Valued Member
                • Jan 2013
                • Queensland

Thanks for clarifying that. I was going off the numbers from my Challenger. I didn't realise that they had reduced the service costs.

Bear in mind that the Mitsubishi capped price service now ends at 45,000km. Toyota will be cheaper over the 60,000km period.

Worrying to see that Mitsubishi has reduced the length of the capped price coverage however. I wonder what the 60,000 km service would be on the Pajero Sport.
                guess it's up to the individual MM service centre @$125p/h ... ...

we still get our Challenger Service @ MM service centre and bring out own oil ... do on a need's basis of what's required ... ... the SQL is included in each service as a bonus ... wash and a vac ...

NB with our warranty expired and roadside assistance of which just expired as we continued to service with MM whilst under warranty which kept it going for each 12 month period up to 5yrs (renewed with RACQ @ a minimal cost - as on going roadside assist ) ...

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X