• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ron2503
    • Dec 2017
    • Alex Hills

Outback Accessories LRT

Has anyone fitted an Outback Accessories LRT or know anything about them and how they compare to the BD units. I've been offered both and they recommend the Outback Accessories unit. I've never heard of them personally but I do know BD and their reputation. Any information would be appreciated.
    2017 PS. OE Bullbar & Towbar. Uniden 7740NB UHF in Console. Roadvision 7" LED's, Custom Offroad SS bash plates, Outback Armour 2"lift; Outback Accessories 107L LRT, Towpro Elite, Masten 6 wheel TPMS.
    Towing '99 Jayco 16' StarCraft poptop.
    Traded 1997 Terrano II. OME with Kings Springs. ECB Bullbar
  • Nab
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2012
    • Perth

I have an Outback Accessories tank in my Pajero. Seems very solid, no leaks in a couple years with a few dings in it. It did not come with a fuel gauge though.

The BD ones used to have a bad reputation, that was maybe 5-10 years ago though.
    SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
    NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

• challenger121
      • Dec 2016
      • perth

I have just installed an outback assessories LRT on my pc challenger and I was surprised it sits 50mm lower than the original tank and now it only sits 245mm from the deck. I was expecting it would be only 10mm - 20mm lower than stock.

Comment

• hansd
        • Aug 2016
        • Perth

I have got the outback accessories LRT installed in my PS. Seems to be solid and no problems so far. After 300kms city driving the fuel gauge starts to register. Fuel light comes on at about 900kms. Refill at this point 94litres. Big dollars
        2016 Pajero Sport GLS, Smartbar, Falken AT3W 265/70R17, CSA Renegade 17x8, Custom Offroad Bash Plates, Milford Towbar, Front Bilstein and KCFR-55, Rear Bilstein and KCRR-23HD with Pedders 5899, Outback Accessories Tank, TJM Airtec snorkel, GME TX3350

Comment

• The Commodore
          Valued Member
          • Nov 2009
          • Macarthur Region NSW.

I've just had one fitted and about two thirds through the first tank.
          The bloke that fitted it for me was quite impressed with the fit and said he had no problems and was quite impressed with the quality etc.
          The only problem I've had is that IF filled up to the neck you get a lot of fuel out the vent tube.
          Now OK, you probably should stick to the first "click" but it can take at least 12 litres.
          So after talking to Outback Accessories with my suggestion I extended the vent pipe up a hundred or so mm and can now fill it to the neck.
          Drove it home about two K's and parked it in the garage and had only a couple of drips out the vent mainly because it was a hot day.
          All up I'm very happy to have the bigger tank as the car was bought to tow a large van not as an off roader particularly.
          Regards.....Keith.

Comment

• hansd
            • Aug 2016
            • Perth

Originally posted by The Commodore View Post
            I've just had one fitted and about two thirds through the first tank.
            The bloke that fitted it for me was quite impressed with the fit and said he had no problems and was quite impressed with the quality etc.
            The only problem I've had is that IF filled up to the neck you get a lot of fuel out the vent tube.
            Now OK, you probably should stick to the first "click" but it can take at least 12 litres.
            So after talking to Outback Accessories with my suggestion I extended the vent pipe up a hundred or so mm and can now fill it to the neck.
            Drove it home about two K's and parked it in the garage and had only a couple of drips out the vent mainly because it was a hot day.
            All up I'm very happy to have the bigger tank as the car was bought to tow a large van not as an off roader particularly.
            I do two clicks (a further 4 ltrs) and haven't had problems with over filling. What I would like to know the distance I can drive when there is no fuel gauge no more.
            2016 Pajero Sport GLS, Smartbar, Falken AT3W 265/70R17, CSA Renegade 17x8, Custom Offroad Bash Plates, Milford Towbar, Front Bilstein and KCFR-55, Rear Bilstein and KCRR-23HD with Pedders 5899, Outback Accessories Tank, TJM Airtec snorkel, GME TX3350

Comment

• ron2503
              • Dec 2017
              • Alex Hills

Originally posted by hansd View Post
              I do two clicks (a further 4 ltrs) and haven't had problems with over filling. What I would like to know the distance I can drive when there is no fuel gauge no more.
              Hi Hansd,
              I'm about 1/2 way through my first tank and have done about 510km with the gauge showing at first notch. FTE says I have 490km to go. I was guesstamating around 1000ks+
              2017 PS. OE Bullbar & Towbar. Uniden 7740NB UHF in Console. Roadvision 7" LED's, Custom Offroad SS bash plates, Outback Armour 2"lift; Outback Accessories 107L LRT, Towpro Elite, Masten 6 wheel TPMS.
              Towing '99 Jayco 16' StarCraft poptop.
              Traded 1997 Terrano II. OME with Kings Springs. ECB Bullbar

Comment

• hansd
                • Aug 2016
                • Perth

Originally posted by ron2503 View Post
                Hi Hansd,
                I'm about 1/2 way through my first tank and have done about 510km with the gauge showing at first notch. FTE says I have 490km to go. I was guesstamating around 1000ks+
                Please let me know at how many km's your tank shows empty. Are you saving already for your second tank?

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X