Below Nav Bar

Collapse

Looking to get a 180k service by a reputable mech in Perth SoR.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rnn_onmt
    • May 2017
    • Freo ish

Looking to get a 180k service by a reputable mech in Perth SoR.

Car is 2011 3.2 diesel NT 30yr Anniversary.
    I am up for 180k service. I went to local Mits dealer for a replacement mirror and thought I may as well ask about the service as it is a big one. There was two pages of things to be replaced and inspected.
    Melville Mitsubishi wants $2500. Two thousand, five hundred dollars.

Any clues from the brains trust as to where to take my car? I am not trusting myself with the fuel rails.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
  • Nab
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2012
    • Perth

I do work for this guy and he services my missus car. Anthony did his apprenticeship for Mitsubishi. Tell him Nick the electrician passed on his number.

For the #1 Car Service in Perth and all Custom Exhaust | Brake Repairs and Air Conditioning Service by Trained Toyota Technicians call now on 08 9451 1334
    SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
    NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

• flyboy
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2017
      • SA

Definitely pays to shop around.

A certain ripoff Adelaide dealer (well known to forum users) charges upwards of 1600 for a 90k service.

My dad had the same service done at an alternative dealer for $1000.

Just pickup the phone and ring around.

Comment

• Rnn_onmt
        • May 2017
        • Freo ish

Originally posted by flyboy View Post
        Definitely pays to shop around.

A certain ripoff Adelaide dealer (well known to forum users) charges upwards of 1600 for a 90k service.

My dad had the same service done at an alternative dealer for $1000.

Just pickup the phone and ring around.
        Yes. That is true. However I was not just shopping for price. I was looking for the automotive version of rare powdered magic unicorn horn a trustworthy good mechanic that works for repeat business at a good rate.
        Cheap. Good. Fast. Pick two.
        I hear that Robsons are very good but at similar price to the Stealership. I can not corroborate this info.
        My ring around starts tomorrow.

Comment

• Rnn_onmt
          • May 2017
          • Freo ish

Originally posted by Nab View Post
          I do work for this guy and he services my missus car. Anthony did his apprenticeship for Mitsubishi. Tell him Nick the electrician passed on his number.

https://www.canningtonperformance.com.au/
          Cheers for the tip Nab. I will check him out tomorrow.

Comment

• Garc
            • May 2015
            • Perth

But, the 180k service includes replacing the high pressure fuel lines for the injectors. AFAIK only Mitsi can do those.
            Gary

2008 NS DiD Exceed. MM factory alloy full bar, Autosafe cargo barrier, Roley's rear bash plate, Uniden 8080 UHF, Kings 120A lithium battery in rear cargo area, Renogy DCDC charger, fire ext mounted in place of rear door handle, Redarc EBC, BushSkinz IC & sump. ARB Frontier replacement fuel tank, Pedders track rider suspension. Lockup Mate.

Comment

• Rnn_onmt
              • May 2017
              • Freo ish

Originally posted by Garc View Post
              But, the 180k service includes replacing the high pressure fuel lines for the injectors. AFAIK only Mitsi can do those.
              Well that sucks if true. Yes the fuel lines will be replaced but why only Mits?
              This forum is a good place. Thanks for the tip

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
                Valued Member
                • Aug 2016
                • Greater Sydney

Originally posted by Garc View Post

320,000k on ours and original.

MM say to replaced the sixth time they are removed.

Any competent mechanic can change them. People on here remove them when they do the tappets.

Comment

• Patriot
                  • Feb 2012
                  • Queensland

Had my 2010 NT Pajero 180,000km service carried out in Geraldton Mitsubishi last October and it cost $1900. The 180,000 service is the big one which requires replacement of all fluids, valve adjustments, and scheduled replacement of HP fuel injector lines, air fuel and oil filters, as well as a whole host of other items.

Parts come to almost $1000 and they had the car for 9 hours. Considering the labor and materials used I think it was a reasonable price. The cost of major services can be a bit frightening at times but i can say that in over 140,000km of towing a 2.9 ton van and other driving, the car has not been to Mitsubishi for a single item except for 2 recalls and scheduled services since new.

Comment

• sharkcaver
                    "2000"+ Valued Contributor
                    • May 2009
                    • Perth

Originally posted by Patriot View Post
                    The 180,000 service is the big one which requires replacement of all fluids, valve adjustments, and scheduled replacement of HP fuel injector lines, air fuel and oil filters, as well as a whole host of other items.
                    I had my 30K done recently. Not as big as the 180, but big enough considering tappets needed checking. So to minimise the damage, I took care of fluids and filters myself. An easy job really. Something I would suggest you could do to minimise the damage. Disappointingly though, diffs and transfers were supposed to be checked. All the dirt and crud were still on the fill plugs undisturbed. And they wonder why they are called stealers.

Customer service called a week later and asked me how it all went. I told them the above. They said they would contact the stealership on my behalf and tell them my observations - I told them not to bother. A leopard doesn't change its spots.
                    MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• Rnn_onmt
                      • May 2017
                      • Freo ish

Originally posted by BruceandBobbi View Post
                      320,000k on ours and original.

MM say to replaced the sixth time they are removed.

Any competent mechanic can change them. People on here remove them when they do the tappets.
                      Good to hear the 320k ticked over without probs. Do you service it yourselves?

The sump getting filled with diesel through a dodgy fuel connection would destroy my soul along with the engine. I will take on this job with great trepidation if at all.

Comment

• Rnn_onmt
                        • May 2017
                        • Freo ish

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
                        I had my 30K done recently. Not as big as the 180, but big enough considering tappets needed checking. So to minimise the damage, I took care of fluids and filters myself. An easy job really. Something I would suggest you could do to minimise the damage. Disappointingly though, diffs and transfers were supposed to be checked. All the dirt and crud were still on the fill plugs undisturbed. And they wonder why they are called stealers.

Customer service called a week later and asked me how it all went. I told them the above. They said they would contact the stealership on my behalf and tell them my observations - I told them not to bother. A leopard doesn't change its spots.
                        This is where I am heading Shane. Most of this stuff my 8yr old can do, easy peasy.
                        It shits me to tears that there are those that will get apprentices to do this but still charge $100 an hour.
                        Probs do the wet stuff myself and hand over the technical work to the pros with inlet blast added in for good measure.
                        I would do the lot with access to a workshop. Smalll block with sloping driveway has its own challenges.
                        Sooky rant over

Comment

• 85L200Express
                          • Mar 2012
                          • Tasmania

Originally posted by Rnn_onmt View Post
                          This is where I am heading Shane. Most of this stuff my 8yr old can do, easy peasy.
                          It shits me to tears that there are those that will get apprentices to do this but still charge $100 an hour.
                          Probs do the wet stuff myself and hand over the technical work to the pros with inlet blast added in for good measure.
                          I would do the lot with access to a workshop. Smalll block with sloping driveway has its own challenges.
                          Sooky rant over

This is what I'm doing for my 150km service in my front sloping drive way. Shaved 50% of the $1048 I was quoted. I'm leaving the valve clearance check/adjustment to them as I have no idea.

Comment

• Rnn_onmt
                            • May 2017
                            • Freo ish

Originally posted by Patriot View Post
                            Had my 2010 NT Pajero 180,000km service carried out in Geraldton Mitsubishi last October and it cost $1900. The 180,000 service is the big one which requires replacement of all fluids, valve adjustments, and scheduled replacement of HP fuel injector lines, air fuel and oil filters, as well as a whole host of other items.

Parts come to almost $1000 and they had the car for 9 hours. Considering the labor and materials used I think it was a reasonable price. The cost of major services can be a bit frightening at times but i can say that in over 140,000km of towing a 2.9 ton van and other driving, the car has not been to Mitsubishi for a single item except for 2 recalls and scheduled services since new.
                            2x a4 pages of sh!t to be done.

Comment

• Rnn_onmt
                              • May 2017
                              • Freo ish

Originally posted by 85L200Express View Post
                              This is what I'm doing for my 150km service in my front sloping drive way. Shaved 50% of the $1048 I was quoted. I'm leaving the valve clearance check/adjustment to them as I have no idea.
                              Yep. Me too.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X