X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pusspuss
    • Jun 2010
    • ballarat

the 17x8 do not fit in the spare wheel holder.
    I use a Pajero 17inch wheel with the same size tyre 265 x 17 x 65 a BFG KO2
    2014 Pajero NW VRX, many extras to come

Comment

• NJV6
      Valued Member
      • Sep 2010
      • New Zealand

How important are the wheels being hub centric? I think very few aftermarket will be that you see on any vehicle?
      1994 NJ SWB, 3.5 Manual, 285/75/16 Deegan 38s MT, 25mm body lift, Twin ARB air lockers, XD9000 winch, custom bar.
      1991 NH LWB, 3.9 V8, trayback, solid front axle, Toyota hi mount winch
      2011 NT GLX DiD, 3.2 Manual, 285/65/17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W, SPV EGR, Lovells SD rear, HD front, Bilsteins, Custom underbody protection, Safari Snorkel, JTig intercooler and loads of zip ties in the dash...

Comment

• Amok
        • Dec 2016
        • Sydney

I want to go down to 17x7.5 wheels but finding a set with a decent load rating and offset of 46 is difficult... would rather not pay the ludicrous price for Mitsu wheels
        MY17 NX GLX with too much cash blown on it

Comment

• hamish1970
          • Sep 2014
          • Leichhardt, Sydney

Originally posted by Toff View Post
          Aesthetics. I like the look of black wheels. May be a silly reason, but I'd still like them black.
          I sent my factory wheels satin black, powdercoated for about $300 all up. Bought a second hand rim so I could do two at a time with the spare as I couldn't put the car up on blocks. Prepped them myself with a sandblasting gun from Supercheap and an orbital sander to finish. Came up great, far better than silver with the BFGs. Now I have the lift kit done, better again.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Paj original.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	981364

Click image for larger version

Name:	Paj black.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	981365

Comment

• NJV6
            Valued Member
            • Sep 2010
            • New Zealand

Current shape Triton 17 inch rims like these ones do not fit gen 4 Pajero.
            Attached Files
            1994 NJ SWB, 3.5 Manual, 285/75/16 Deegan 38s MT, 25mm body lift, Twin ARB air lockers, XD9000 winch, custom bar.
            2011 NT GLX DiD, 3.2 Manual, 285/65/17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W, SPV EGR, Lovells SD rear, HD front, Bilsteins, Custom underbody protection, Safari Snorkel, JTig intercooler and loads of zip ties in the dash...

Comment

• Toff
              • Oct 2013
              • Erskine Park, NSW

Thanks Hamish. Looks good.

Comment

• NJV6
                Valued Member
                • Sep 2010
                • New Zealand

Recently I bought a set of 17x9 +35 wheels and these fit nicely well inside the guards.

By the maths they should widen the track by about 30mm each side but in reality they don’t for some reason. I played around with some 30mm spacers I had lying around (just out of interest) and they were way outside the guards with factory rims. If you want to keep them tidy and not scratched I wouldn’t use them off-road though as the wheel rim is about flush with the sidewalk on a 265 tyre.

Comment

• old Jack
                  Regular
                  • Jun 2011
                  • Adelaide, South Australia.

Changing from +46 to +35 is an 11mm change in offset so this will widen your track by 22mm.

OJ.
                  2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                  MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• NJV6
                    Valued Member
                    • Sep 2010
                    • New Zealand

Thanks OJ, sorry I got my wires crossed and terminology wrong, I meant to say it would increase the overall width by 30mm each side, 1.5 in rim (3/4 each side of centre) + 11mm track but somehow it hasn’t.

Do you know what I’m missing? I may just have to take a wheel off and have a measure up.

Comment

• spot01
                      Valued Member
                      • Apr 2011
                      • Adelaide

Originally posted by NJV6 View Post
                      Thanks OJ, sorry I got my wires crossed and terminology wrong, I meant to say it would increase the overall width by 30mm each side, 1.5 in rim (3/4 each side of centre) + 11mm track but somehow it hasn’t.

Do you know what I’m missing? I may just have to take a wheel off and have a measure up.
                      Are you measuring at the rim or the tyre sidewall (at mid point)? As the tyre's tread width doesn't change, I would expect the sidewall to only spread about half due to the wider rim.
                      Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X